RT Remastered- Masters Extended Edition

HG strikes again,

Sure enough, HG is now releasing exteded editions of the Masters arc, under the Robotech Remastered banner. Vol 1 is 7/13, 29.98MSRP. <_<

Only a matter time before they do New Gen as well.

We saw this coming, but now it's definate.

Edited by Anubis

I'm not buying it either. I actually thought it was kind of funny that HG is trying to milk RT again, that's why I posted it.

Is there really enough demand for Southern Cross to merit no less than 3 seperate releases?

No but that won't stop them from rereleasing this turd of a series. I can count SC/RT Masters fans on one hand and that's being generous...

*scratches head*

Um...ADV anounced from day one that they were releasing all 85 episodes remastered, so this wasn't a shock or anything. Especially given the fact that ADV remastered SDC:SC so they could also do RT remastered it'd be silly if they didn't release it...

Cyc

Um...ADV anounced from day one that they were releasing all 85 episodes remastered, so this wasn't a shock or anything.

Oh I don't doubt that. But even 1stBRD will admit that SC is arguably the least popular segment of Robotech, and with that in mind my question still stands. Beyond die hard RT completists, just who is going to plunk down the cash for yet another iteration of Soutehrn Cross?

I doubt there are statistics available but if there were I'm sure it would show that the Masters is by far the least liked of the three original series.

OTOH, I take issue with the phrase "turd off a series". I don't remember the RT version well enough, but having recently finished the SC DVD's, I liked it better than Mospeada. (Not that I don't like Mospeada.)

I doubt there are statistics available but if there were I'm sure it would show that the Masters is by far the least liked of the three original series.

OTOH, I take issue with the phrase "turd off a series". I don't remember the RT version well enough, but having recently finished the SC DVD's, I liked it better than Mospeada. (Not that I don't like Mospeada.)

By my understanding, Southern Cross got the most editing, cutting, and rewriting of the bunch. I would love to see the originals.

I can count SC/RT Masters fans on one hand and that's being generous...

Bullsh*t. Bullf*ckingsh*t.

Can we please stop with the crap dejr8bud. I'm sorry, but statements like that are so untrue its not funny. Not everyone like Macross.....

lol whatever man. put away the crying towel. stop being so sensitive.

Can we please stop with the crap dejr8bud. I'm sorry, but statements like that are so untrue its not funny. Not everyone like Macross.....

Stop being deliberatly antagonizing and maybe people wouldn't complain as much.

O god, not this again! :rolleyes:

I bet this thread is going to turn out just like the "M7( Valks fighting space monsters)" thread and the "help me buy a valk" thread.

It always starts with an insult......... <_<<_<

Edited by Skull 0ne

Last time I start a RT related topic. :mellow:

I have the original remastered version and the first Robotech version.

I won't buy this one nor any of the other Remastered Robotech ones.

The original story is great. The Robotech one is not as good to me.

If ADV and HG can make money from this, then go for it. They are, after all, companies who are trying to make money. ADV also knows how to distribute. Animeigo needs to take some lessons from them. I can find Mospeada and SC boxsets in retail stores. Where are the remastered sets of original Macross? They are not in retail stores. A lot of money could be made from retail stores. I buy a few DVD's online but I also buy a bunch in stores. Animeigo is really loosing out by not putting the DVD's in stores. Oh well not my buck!

There is no point to buy the remastered w/Dolby 5.1 of rt. I was happy when I bought the dvds when they came out PRIOR to my conversion to Macross. All HG is doing luring everybody to buy the non-digital remastered RT first and completely screw everyone once they put all the sets out and then say, "hey we got the digitally remastered ones coming out." WTF?!? Well, HG had Macross, SC, and Mospeda digitally remastered by Animego, why did HG released RT like that in the first place? Greedy muthafockers...

Yes it is a nice marketing ploy. But I for one will not fall for that when they should have done it in the first place. I did that with the Star Wars VHS sets and that drove me up the wall. :angry:

Definitely not buying this set, I've already got the Southern Cross box, what more do I need :) But a Masters remastered has piqued my curiosity. I mean, the "first" was cobbled from the pieces of several other episodes, I wonder what other scenes ADV could throw into the melting pot. Also, will episode two feature the song "Walking in the Sun" :p