Anime Network to re-air all 85 Robotech

OK, does anyone actually get the Anime Network? :unsure:

If the Anime Network is so hard to find how can this airing of Robotech be any different than say a UHF station dusting off their copies and putting them back up on the air? Seems to me no one will see it either way.

I know most of you consider Arkansas a "backwater" state in the union, but if it's doing that bad here, it can't be doing stellar elsewhere.

I do consider Arkansas to be a backwater state... but that's just because I live across the river in Tennessee and we like to make fun of you guys. And nope, we don't have it here, either.

Is AR on TimeWarner cable too?

Hello, fellow Southerner! Let's get out our banjos and have us a proper duel! ;)

Edited by Blaine23

Well I don't get AN here. All I have to say is whatever. I have the DVDs to Robotech. Then I bought the Macross DVDs. In truth, I havent opened the Robotech DVDs. But I did watch the Macross ones. Oh well... Pissed me off when HG released remastered DVDs, till I heard about the complaints of the sound effects. Like everyone said, this affects me... how? :huh:

If the Anime Network is so hard to find how can this airing of Robotech be any different than say a UHF station dusting off their copies and putting them back up on the air? Seems to me no one will see it either way.

Because on Anime Network, the RT showings won't be followed by Stanley Spadowski's Playhouse...

...."Rick Hunter, you get to drink....FROM THE FIREHOSE!!!"

:p:D

btw, i'm in San Antonio, TX, and we don't have AN here.

Ehh.. Ive got my Robotech DVDs.

And my cable provider doesn't have Cartoon Network yet. I figure we could get the Anime Network in... oh, 2010 maybe?

The only good thing about this is that it will piss of some Otaku. Not as good as punching them in the face, but anything that upsets Otaku is OK by me.

I second that, I don't have it here.

Like Apollo Leader said, considering who owns AN this really isn't a suprise. I am suprised HG couldn't get Robotech on Cartoon Network if they are trying to hype a new series.

I am suprised HG couldn't get Robotech on Cartoon Network if they are trying to hype a new series.

Last year Cartoon Network did a "Giant Robot week" where they showed various anime that had giant robots/mecha, including Robotech.

It backfired quite badly with all the shows getting poor ratings, pretty much killing off any chance of them putting on repeats of Robotech or any of the other shows (Evangelion, Dai-Guard, Nadesico, etc) that it featured.

I am suprised HG couldn't get Robotech on Cartoon Network if they are trying to hype a new series.

Last year Cartoon Network did a "Giant Robot week" where they showed various anime that had giant robots/mecha, including Robotech.

It backfired quite badly with all the shows getting poor ratings, pretty much killing off any chance of them putting on repeats of Robotech or any of the other shows (Evangelion, Dai-Guard, Nadesico, etc) that it featured.

It didn't help that they stupidly butchered the shows they aired with edits.

The backlash about Robotech was different though....mostly due to the inserted AD 2044 timestamp on Dark Finale.

I thought it had more to do with that whole, 'no continuity' thing.

I know most of you consider Arkansas a "backwater" state in the union, but if it's doing that bad here, it can't be doing stellar elsewhere.

I do consider Arkansas to be a backwater state... but that's just because I live across the river in Tennessee and we like to make fun of you guys. And nope, we don't have it here, either.

Is AR on TimeWarner cable too?

Hello, fellow Southerner! Let's get out our banjos and have us a proper duel! ;)

No, all of arkansas is under Cox cable now... I don't know if that has anything to do with Time/Warner, but I don't think it does

Bah, you'd lose! Your hobo-ness couldn't begin to compare with our own ;)

Down with the vols! :D

Edited by Skull Leader

It didn't help that they stupidly butchered the shows they aired with edits.

I wasn't making any judgements on why it happened, simply that in CN's eyes, it was something that did not rate - so there's little to no likelihood of them considering running it again any time in the forseeable future.