Jin Roh Red Spectacles

This is my first 1/6 action figure custom EVER.

So guys... what you think about it? It is a Kerberos, just like the Yamato/Dragon figure released a while back. This is the Red Spectacles Version. A 100% custom made. I got the custom armor from eBAy and I had to... do everything again. Lol, it ws real bad.

It was a LOT of work, but fun as hell.

Opinions are wellcome, but be nice, this is my first attempt with 12" figures.

It is weathered, painted, and customized all over. :D

Edited by Sebastian

you made this :blink: woah, i have been wanting to get the jinroh normal figure thought it looked awesome, but this looks 10 times better you did a incredible job on it. what type of stuff did you use to customize it anyhow? you mention you got the custom armor from ebay? what parts are from ebay and what did they used to go to? you must post up more of your customs as you do them

keep up the excellent work B))

btw the arm sheild looks like it was from the MG Patlabor. was it?

Opinions are wellcome, but be nice, this is my first attempt with 12" figures.

Who needs to be nice when its this well done?

Good job Sebastian, looks like a collectable! :)

Sam

what type of stuff did you use to customize it anyhow? you mention you got the custom armor from ebay? what parts are from ebay and what did they used to go to?

I got the complete toy from eBay. A custom work.

But the Armor was NOT remobable, feets and arms where Fixed. the shoulder plates where also fixed, the right leg was fixed.... It was really bad for a 12" figure... looked more like a fixed pose garage kit.

Also the armor plates where full of mistakes and it was badly finished to say the least.

It was a bit better than a Vinil figure. No poseability, bad detailing, sucky paint job and a terrible cast for the body armor.

I replace the Body ( a NEW obitsu body) remade the legs armor (All the left leg armor is newly made), remade the Arms armor (The shield is the orinal one) and customised all the rest so it can be poseable and remobable, like the yamato/Dragon Jin Roh

Anyways, It was super fun work.

Yep it is considerable thinner than the Kerberos Stray Doggie, later will take pics side by side.

Wow, that's impressive - What kind of body suit is the figure wearing under the armor? I really like how it's not as bulky as the normal Jin Roh figure, and those spring tubes from the mask are schweet!!

EDIT - oh, and I think I saw the auction this custom was made from - the pics for the auction made it look really well done - I guess those were not representative of the actual figure, eh?

Edited by fulcy

Looks great! I really like the chest cuirass on that, and the damage to the arm shield looks really good.

Still... fella's got less of an ass than I do....

The metallic paint is a great idea too! Your modding is perfect! I can't tell the difference! The face is really nice - he looks a bit like Darth Vader! :D

And you called him Nicolas! So, is this what you want your boy to grow up to be?? :lol:

Excellent effort! I think the only quibble might be that the head seems to sit a little too high...

Yep it sits high because of the metal tubes are just too long.... I need to cut them a bit and the head will be just fine.

I really like the chest cuirass on that, and the damage to the arm shield looks really good.

Originally... it is suposed to be the Kerberos Blasson... but the casting of the armor was so bad it looks like a... something else.. hehehe Guess I will have to do something about that. :p

Still... fella's got less of an ass than I do....

Right... I dunno why I cant help thinking about Yamato´s Millia figure. :rolleyes:

The metallic paint is a great idea too! Your modding is perfect! I can't tell the difference! The face is really nice - he looks a bit like Darth Vader! :D

And you called him Nicolas! So, is this what you want your boy to grow up to be?? :lol:

Dart Vader_ Hummmmm :blink: Maybe.

And my Nico is gonna be meaner looking than that Red Sectacles figure! That is for sure! :lol:

DAMN nice job man!

Jin Roh is one of my fav. anime's, so I'm always excited to see anything done w/ toys related to it, and yours is especially nice, I like the imprint on the arm shield, but I noticed it lacked the slot about 1/3-1/2 the way up where the ammo belt slides across.

Other than that, friggin' kick ass! I can't believe that's your first custom, so keep up the good work

Timberwolf

Great work Seba... Mr. High-headed-no-ass would scare the bejesus outta' me in a dark alleyway...

"I didn't say 'down with the system' I said 'flounders are awesome!!!' please, I don't wanna' die at the hands of an assless-wonder!!!"

YES YES It was one of those BAD KAiyodo recasts! And yes! hey are BAD!

I knew you sold it to an Australian FREACK... Poor Stray Doggie... You sent him to his Doom... No protect gear can save him :(

mwa ha haa! Yes, that's me! Don't worry, the kerberos is happy! HE also has an arsenal of the MG-42, MP-40 and MP-44!