Mario Music on Guitar

those coin sounds are harmonics, so yes: they are done with the guitar

Now I know where I went wrong

instead of trying to play Iron Maiden's Somewhere in time - I should've been

doing Megaman, Super Mario Bros, Metal Gear, Legend of Zelda :huh:

I thought is was pretty good considering there is only so much you can do with one guitar at one point in time.

and before anyone cracks on this guy again think of your abilities with a guitar and think if you would be able to do this or not. I know I would never be able to do something like this so i give him praise for being able to do it.

those coin sounds are harmonics, so yes: they are done with the guitar

Now I know where I went wrong

instead of trying to play Iron Maiden's Somewhere in time - I should've been

doing Megaman, Super Mario Bros, Metal Gear, Legend of Zelda :huh:

hmm, I tried for Hollowed be thy name ;)

I thought is was pretty good considering there is only so much you can do with one guitar at one point in time.

and before anyone cracks on this guy again think of your abilities with a guitar and think if you would be able to do this or not. I know I would never be able to do something like this so i give him praise for being able to do it.

Ability or lack there is of is not a prerequisite for judging quality.

Cool...

But it only continues to prove that it's somehow easier to spend countless hours practicing ridiculous scales and spraying your hair with Aqua-Net than it is to write one quality song and have people like it. ;)

jeeze... anybody ever listen to mr bungle???????

"carasel" [probably mispeled] was the best use of mario music I've heard so far... and they were doing nintendo fx when nintendo first came out... not this wanna be retro for retro's sake bullsh!t!

On the other hand once I get a good sound card for my pc [i sold my last one at a profit] and am settled from moving one of the many projects I plan is sampling all my genisis, snes, nes, etc games for future use. Shinobi had some killer sounds for the time.

Yeah, harmonics, and not a bad use of them either I must say.

But I think he should have practiced more before recording that, and releasing it over the net, dude makes a bunch of mistakes in there. :lol:

Mistakes are what makes rock guitar cool in the first place. He's not releasing it for profit but just for fun, so I wouldn't demand perfection. :)

Back in the late 80's I played guitar in a band and whenever the drummer would bust a head ( which was always) I would play video game songs while the singer freestyled dirty limericks. You don't want to keep punk rockers waiting or you'll get a bottle up side the head. My personal favorite song was "Commando". :)

BTW my band was called "Protoculture". ;)

Back in the late 80's I played guitar in a band and whenever the drummer would bust a head ( which was always) I would play video game songs while the singer freestyled dirty limericks. You don't want to keep punk rockers waiting or you'll get a bottle up side the head. My personal favorite song was "Commando". :)

Heh... whenever our guitar player broke a string (which was always) the drummer and I (on bass) would do our version of the Imperial March from Star Wars. Always got a big response. ;)

Heh... whenever our guitar player broke a string (which was always) the drummer and I (on bass) would do our version of the Imperial March from Star Wars. Always got a big response. ;)

I've never broken a string. Could be because I use .013's. ;)

Here if anyone wants to dl the mario piano. I tracked the source mpeg.

Mario Mpeg

jsut click "file" and then "Save Page As . . . "

oh and my favorite is the Marios Symphony. The mp3 where a philharmonic symphony plays various Mario themes. Very pretty.

Edited by Solscud007

I haven't broken a string since I was first learning to play. Which incidentally, was back in 87 when I was pounding the hell out of my old Kramer Striker. :rolleyes:

17 years and about 30 guitars later, still no broken strings. Man, when I think about the guitars that I have had and sold over time... :lol:

I haven't broken a string since I was first learning to play. Which incidentally, was back in 87 when I was pounding the hell out of my old Kramer Striker. :rolleyes:

17 years and about 30 guitars later, still no broken strings. Man, when I think about the guitars that I have had and sold over time... :lol:

We broke loads of strings... myself included, and that was on bass! :blink:

Probably had as much to do with playing on crap soundsystems where your amp is your only monitor every night of the week in a different city and not much money to buy luxury items like new strings. Sweat and blood (literally, occasionally) can put your guitars through hell. :lol:

But we always put gas in the van and beer sustained us well. Good times. :)

Of course we always had opening acts that were weirder than this guy in the video. My favorite was a guy in deep Alabama that pretended he was German and reworked Elvis tunes on a cheap keyboard a la Kraftwerk.

You are nossing but a hound dogk. Crying all zee time.

Zey zaid you had high klass, that was just a lie.

Zey zaid you had high klass... they have lied to you.

Ha... found the link... check out his site, Automusik.com... or just listen to this version of Hound Dog.

:p