My 'Not Millia' Resin statue

Sam

Eh, not big on hentaiesque statues, it really doesn't even look like Millia, at all that I can see.

Was your commint even needed <_< You guys are quick to critacize(sp) peoples work and probablly have no talent at all. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, well, just did another practice 1/8 scale figure, same kinda thing as what I just did. Got to get this whole wet t shirt thing pat, cuz thats gonna be the spoiler for the Rei figure if i stuff it up at the last.. :( This time you might noticed i censored it for all those sensitive types who might stray into this thread..

Stupid thing is I would have finished this a week ago if I didn't drop the thing and smash the skirt..! I couldn't find one major piece, but after all the surfacer and sanding and painting u cant really tell it was broken at all. :)

This first pic shows off the eyes, which i think im getting the hang of. Didn't like the others ones i did on the millia so I redid them after I did this one LOL :)

Also found this pigment called Pearl Ex which is an interference colour, looks clear untill the light hits it a certain way, and I put it on the stockings things, its a gold one, kinda hard to see in the pic, can only see it at the top of the stocking , but in normal light it has a cool 'sheen' which im quite proud of actually . Cuz its only a powder I thinned down some tamiya clear and mixed it in. B))

post-26-1083998592_thumb.jpg

I didnt get to take real early shots, but theres not much to miss out on really, so just got these final shots to show off.

Must be getting better at pinning cuz shes pretty much standing without being glued, only held by pins... but I wouldn't want to shake the table I dont reckon LOL

Anyways, thats all for now.

Sam

post-26-1083998719_thumb.jpg

Very nice. :)

I think I've seen that Misato resin before.....it'll look GREAT when you're done.

misatogun.jpg

Damn!............. :rolleyes:

Hobbyfan finally got them in stock!

I hope my preorder ships soon.

VF19, I hope you dont think I made that Misato, just to make sure. Hopefully mine will look that good though ;)

Now Im just adding one last set of pix of my practice models, this one is basically an elf babe, and I thought I would put a tattoo thats kinda similar to the one I got on my ankle, but, well, a little BIGGER and arty :pB))

Same scale as that last figure too, a 1/8. I must say, other than airbrush shading, I reckon the most fun is the eyes, making the eyes look cool.. its really, really fun :)

Now, this is a set of the leg with the tatt... enjoy :)

post-26-1084196721_thumb.jpg

I forgot to say that I did that tattoo in black first, did a pink outline, spray over with my flesh colour, figured I didn't like black, and redid it in purple :lol: I think purple is a nice colour for a tattoo on a figure model.

Also on the elf babe, I made her top green, but ended up hating that colour too so I just redid it in flesh then pink. Its sometimes hard to know what colour will be crap till you put it on, then uve lost all the previous work.. *sigh* oh well, lessons learned... :p

Now this pic is the two babes side by side, I keep touching up things( no rude comments please :p ) that are annoying me, like I put a black rim on the skirt, redid her nose cuz it looked like a duck but cutting off and shapign the top lips, and made it pink instead of red..., touched up the eyes, all which are hard to see cuz my camera isn't that great , or I suck at photos :lol: I even redid the Not millia's eyes and hair cuz they were annoying me as I was getting better with the practice. :) No pix of her, im sure all are sick of her by now :)

I still need to get some nice bases for them though, or make em hehe.

I have started my Rei figure, but shes drying downstairs after her bath to get mold release off, there was a heap of pit holes to fill with surfacer, but I will start another thread when I have a few progress shots to show.

For now, see what you reckon of these gals.

THanks, enjoy. :)

post-26-1084197204_thumb.jpg

Hey, yeh, been looking at that guys stuff! Its awesome, uses pastels and everything, and evn mods his own kits to make them better, ie, the Mai on the front page =)

The pastels prob make it look more realistic, but Im having too much fun with my airbrush, so much so Im gonna try getting an iwata HP C real cheap =)

the coloring is great, my only constructive criticism would be to use a matte finish, the gloss finish makes them look either sweaty or oiled up, unless thats the look you were goind for

On a calendar shoot at one time, I asked for a colleague of mine to prepare some cooking oil just in case. She asked, "what for? I took time to choose the chillies and tomatoes, so they're fine as it is". She's right. But sometimes, on camera, they look tastier looking sweaty. Besides, the cooking oil was for the female talent. You can't get suntan lotion in the middle of the night. :D

Good work on the models!

Thanks ppl for feedback :)

funny i did put a matte over it but still showed up gloss? but I guess, judging by the collar? she wears she is a slave? so sweaty could be possible:)

BOB, brought a smile to my face for some reason reading the 'having cooking oil prepared, no, not for the food, for the babes ' bit :lol::D ' just tickled my funny bone for some reason... :rolleyes:

THanks,

Rei should be dry tonight, so will start hopefully 2night. Pinning, undercoat, if it drys quick nuff, start the main colour. will take prog shots cuz too ....

Sam

If you want to get a lot of information on how to build and paint anime resin figures, among other thinigs, go to this Website; this guy is very talented and his tutorials are very instructive.

Yes.... Cody is insane.

He has great hints, though... been using his hints and recommendations for a while, though.

Love his Shiranui Mai buildup.... his skin tones are absolutely incredible.

If you want to get a lot of information on how to build and paint anime resin figures, among other thinigs, go to this Website; this guy is very talented and his tutorials are very instructive.

Yes.... Cody is insane.

He has great hints, though... been using his hints and recommendations for a while, though.

Love his Shiranui Mai buildup.... his skin tones are absolutely incredible.

That's some talent he's got there!