Blue Gender DVD set

The Blue Gender Box Set is uncut.

Great show in its uncut form and highly under rated IMO. One of my all time favorite mecha anime. It's got great action scenes, an interesting story, realistic military style robots, giant bugs, lots of death and mutilation and great BGM and opening song. What more could you want?

My one wish is for an art book and some toys of the mecha.

Graham

I enjoyed the show a good deal.

The Armor Shrike was indeed an awesome mecha.

Blue Gender is beyond bad. The people involved with it should be shot.

Well I must say that I did enjoy the show. Maybe instead of being shot they should be eaten and "shat" out by the blue?

Hey just what is it with those green pod things with faces?? What happened to make that?? The ones I got had chinese subs and their not so hot.

---Possible Spoilers---

As with a lot of works of fiction, anime, movies, games, I think that the series was great until they went to space. Up to that point, the series was a good military drama, with well written episodes and scenes, from combat to romance. The latter half or so of the series wasn't as good. Onceeveryone got all angsty, and the main character went insane, etc, it lost a lot of its appeal.

I seem to notice that this happens a lot. Another example is Cowboy Bebop. The earlier episodes, which are all stand-alone stories, are better than the ending drama of faye's past, Spike's mob issues, etc.

Or, a game example, Far Cry. The beginning portion of the game is an immersive outdoor environment, with non-linear gameplay and multiple ways to accomplish an objective, and fighting intelligent but realistic mercs. As the game goes on, though, it degeneratesinto a game,while still quite good, is not much more than an evolution of Half Life. Walking through research facilities fighting mutants is not the high point of the game.

Blue Gender is beyond bad.  The people involved with it should be shot.

Well I must say that I did enjoy the show. Maybe instead of being shot they should be eaten and "shat" out by the blue?

Hey just what is it with those green pod things with faces?? What happened to make that?? The ones I got had chinese subs and their not so hot.

As for the green pod thingies, that was explained very early on, and shown in the first episode actually. The blue don't get much energy from us individually, so they fold us up in those little balls and coat us with that goo, and when the pile of "pods" is big enough to be worth while, they feed. Right after Yuji wakes up, the two guys that were rolling his capsule down the hallway were killed and Yuji watched the blue fold them up, complete with listening to all the bones cracking. Kinda gruesome.

i was really engrossed by the story line 3/4 of the way. its when it shifted to space and added some truly bizarre plot points that my enthusiasm went down a few notches.

the movie is coming to dvd in a few months. i'm told its not as good as the series.

i was really engrossed by the story line 3/4 of the way. its when it shifted to space and added some truly bizarre plot points that my enthusiasm went down a few notches.

the movie is coming to dvd in a few months. i'm told its not as good as the series.

Same here. The series lost me when they went into space.

Blue Gender is beyond bad.  The people involved with it should be shot.

As for the green pod thingies, that was explained very early on, and shown in the first episode actually. The blue don't get much energy from us individually, so they fold us up in those little balls and coat us with that goo, and when the pile of "pods" is big enough to be worth while, they feed. Right after Yuji wakes up, the two guys that were rolling his capsule down the hallway were killed and Yuji watched the blue fold them up, complete with listening to all the bones cracking. Kinda gruesome.

Cool Thanks guys. So it's only the TV series that was cut up then and shown on Adult Swim? But the TV series for the box set is untouched?? Cool.

Cool Gender would've been cool if orbital weapons and common sense had been used. I mean, the armor shrikes were cool and all but what about those autonomious units? They seemed to PWN blues at every turn?

Just a lot of the military planning in the show struck me as Starship Trooperish (the movie, think the first invasion of that bitchass homeworld that no one can spell, especially me.) and turned me off a good portion of the time.

The psycho babble drove me completely from the show near the end.

It sounds like this show suffers from the same syndrome as alot of current anime.

Rapid change in plot to the point of incoherence, "dropping" of storylines, and horrid or incomprehensible ending.

Thanks for the reviews. I was thinking of watching this. Sticking with GITS Season 2 now....