1/12 SCOPEDOG

That scopedog DOES look incredible. I will own one along with the Koenig.

How tall will it be if it's 1/12 scale? 8 inches or so?

'scuse the OT, but..........

......for what it's worth......my Takara 1/24 Votoms (that I sold) come in at just about 6" w/ the canopy.

Could the 1/12 actually be 12" ??? The VB-6 is......... :rolleyes:

**EDIT** On closer glance at the scan you can make out "30" on the front view caption. May mean 30cm or just about 12".

post-26-1082686044_thumb.jpg

Don't mean to perpetuate an OT but that red scope dog has been severly yellowed during itsĀ  lifespan or is it the flash from your camera that's doing the color shifting? I've never seen a brown version of it and the red votom with the serious claws is my first encounter also. Are these model kits or am I missing something from the Takara toy line?
Do you mean the RSC has yellowed? It was definately the flash. Nothing was wrong with either piece.

They were both from PERFECT SOLDIER boxes from '99 (I believe). Both came with PSX games, too.

The RSC is from Box 2 and is a re-issue of the original Dual Model with a new olive drab/silver scheme. Also comes with a Round-Mover pack.

The "red" one is the ATM-09-GSC SLASHDOG from Box 3.

I'll try to post some more pics that I saved.

Here ya go. I'm missing the special coated Brutish Dog and one 1/60th Di-Beetle but missing in this photo is the POEM battling combination which I recently bought. Now you have added the perfect soldier series to my list of gottahaves.

Sithlord, how large is your total toy collection :blink:

The Yamato Scopedog is looking nice, as well it should given the amount of time it's been in development (2+ years) :lol:

I think this thing has actually been in developnment longer than the YF-19FP and has gone through at least one total redesign.

Oh well, I doubt I'll buy the first release, which will probably just be a basic Scopedog. I'll wait for Yamato to release a Red Shoulder Custom, with all the add on weapons.

Graham

The Yamato Scopedog is looking nice, as well it should given the amount of time it's been in development (2+ years)Ā  :lol:

I think this thing has actually been in developnment longer than the YF-19FP and has gone through at least one total redesign.

Oh well, I doubt I'll buy the first release, which will probably just be a basic Scopedog. I'll wait for Yamato to release a Red Shoulder Custom, with all the add on weapons.

Graham

So they intend to make a whole line?

Edited by GobotFool

Here ya go. I'm missing the special coated Brutish Dog and one 1/60th Di-Beetle but missing in this photo is the POEM battling combination which I recently bought. Now you have added the perfect soldier series to my list of gottahaves.

YIKES!

Wish I found MW prior to selling them. :(

FYI...PERFECT SOLDIER BOX 1 came with a regular Scopedog.

Good luck in finding them, but where the heck are they going to fit!!!

Especially a 12-incher!!! :blink::p

The Yamato Scopedog is looking nice, as well it should given the amount of time it's been in development (2+ years)Ā  :lol:

Graham

So they intend to make a whole line?

I pressume so. It would be a bit silly of them to go to all that expense of design and tooling just to release only one version.

And with Votoms, there are like a gazillion variants of the basic ATM-09 scopedog.

Graham

As much as I used to like Votoms, I do feel the Scopedog design is starting to look a little dated.

If Yamato wants to make a military mecha toy, I'd much rather they made a Tactical Armor (Gasaraki) or Armor Shrike (Blue Gender) toy.

Graham

And with Votoms, there are like a gazillion variants of the basic ATM-09 scopedog.

Graham

:lol: Which should fit perfectly into Yamato's scheme :lol:

Oh man and I'd LOVE to see Gasaraki or Blue Gender mecha's made.

Hey Graham, any word on what the still mystery "transforming mecha" property that Yamato picked up with VOTOMS was? It's been so long and... nothing.

Vostok 7

As much as I used to like Votoms, I do feel the Scopedog design is starting to look a little dated.

If Yamato wants to make a military mecha toy, I'd much rather they made a Tactical Armor (Gasaraki) or Armor Shrike (Blue Gender) toy.

Graham

I don't know. For the longest time Votoms has always been the standard by which I define real robot mecha. It has a wonderfully rugged and industrial look that I feel is classic. I see Votoms and say, yeah, I can beleive someone would build something like that.

Hey Graham, any word on what the still mystery "transforming mecha" property that Yamato picked up with VOTOMS was?Ā  It's been so long and...Ā  nothing.

I'm still not allowed to say what it was, but unfortunately, it was cancelled already :(

I think it was felt that there was not a large enough fan base, i.e they wouldn't sell enough units to make it worthwhile proceeding.

Graham

Hey Graham, any word on what the still mystery "transforming mecha" property that Yamato picked up with VOTOMS was?Ā  It's been so long and...Ā  nothing.

I'm still not allowed to say what it was, but unfortunately, it was cancelled already :(

I think it was felt that there was not a large enough fan base, i.e they wouldn't sell enough units to make it worthwhile proceeding.

Graham

I bet it was the Garland from Megazone 23 !

Graham

Gah! It was Megazone wasn't it! Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Vostok 7

Well....now that Yamato has ventured into Takara's old stompin' grounds......me also dreams of Fang Of The Sun Dougram. :rolleyes:

Aye.....just a dream..................but a good dream. :p

That would be awesome... I lurve my dougram toys.

Do any of you guys know for sure that we'll be seeing these Scopedogs domestically released, like the Escaflowne?

I agree with Graham that the Scopedog is beginning to look pretty dated, but that new Yamato version is still the shiznit! When that thing finally comes out, I'm going to blow up my crappy, unposeable Kaiyodo with a cherry bomb, or perhaps a load of 00 buckshot.

I agree with Graham that the Scopedog is beginning to look pretty dated, but that new Yamato version is still the shiznit! When that thing finally comes out, I'm going to blow up my crappy, unposeable Kaiyodo with a cherry bomb, or perhaps a load of 00 buckshot.

You mean the Unposable "Superposable" Kaiyodo Scopedog?

Vostok 7

It looks dated but so does Macross and everything else from the 80's

I hope Toycom decides to bring this over. They are bringing over that GM....Ideon and no one really knows what that is or where its from. VOTOMS at least has a small following. The DVDs are being remastered, dubbed and will be released in the fall, IIRC.

That's the one. It makes Toynami's "Superposeables" look like Stickfas by comparison. Which is a shame because it has a really nice sculpt, and the paint apps are killer.

:lol: I could never figure out what the deal with the legs was.

Crazy.

Vostok 7

:lol: I could never figure out what the deal with the legs was.

Crazy.

The legs...the arms...the waist...all of it! It had basically 2 poses it could do.

1) Marching pose

2) "sliding into home base" pose

I left him in the "sliding" pose and haven't touched him since (with the exception of the time that Monev the Gale fell over on him)

Votoms is kickin. But I'd rather have the Yamato treatment on a nice line of Patlabor mechs. Hard plastic with some diecast . 1/35 scale or so, with maximun detail and playability. With the Helldiver and Hannibal and some of the other military designs in the line.

Bandai's MG Labors just feel too light and fragile to be any fun.

If only...

post-26-1082746388.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of a person by a VOTOMS unit for refference?

Found this while browsing Shawn's BLUE GALE link in the Fan Works forum.

Not a side-by-side, but a nice pic nonetheless.....

scopedog.jpg

Blue Gender mecha would rock. The Armor Shrike was sweet. Maybe a pvc statue of Marlene to go with it.

Haven't see Votoms, the designs don't do much for me so far, but I may eventually pick the show up.

Edited by Anubis

I'm not really a big scopedog fan. I do like the more realistic feel of them, but agree with Graham that the designs seem dated.... But I might pic up one just because I'm a fan of realistic military mecha, but price will be the deciding factor on that... So as you can guess, I'm totally up for some Gasaraki (the raiden armor is my all time fav mecha design) and military patlabor toys, or even some Bandai Master grades..... But a Yamato Gasaraki Raiden armor with all the bells and whistles would be heaven. :wub: