OMG... MAX!

Vostok 7

at least this prop is functional well i hope it is. I had friend in high school whose pops gave her the 'time machine' as we called it to drive to & from school. It was cool at first until you close the doors and the gasoline fumes started to build up inside. Her father must not like her very much, I thought. It was a ten minute ride to school and I nearly puked my breakfast. It's a nice car from a distance I guess.

Dude, Delorians rule, but only if you work 'em over first.

Vostok 7

As I say if you want to make something that travels into the future why not make it futuristic as well like this for instance

vector.jpg

Ahhh the Vector, high on style, extremely low on build quality.

I lusted after those as a kid.

Vostok 7

There was a club in SF that had a Dalorean done up like that sitting next to the dance floor. That car doesn't look so interesting anymore though. If someone is going to give me an 80's car give me a 308.

When I was younger this was my dream car: Ferrari 288 GTO... 400HP, 6 speed, red as hell and faster than any piece of crap Delorian. Why oh why did they only make 280 of these cars? Someday... only another $300,000 to go... :lol:

GTO 288 to the Delorian: I eat pieces of s#!t like you for breakfast...

Delorian: Dude... you eat pieces of s#!t for breakfast?

GTO 288: I... no... ARGH! (pummels Delorian into paste)

post-26-1082731691_thumb.jpg

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

They only made 280 because thats how Ferrari is. From the very beginning Enzo and his company have been very picky about who they sold their cars to. Mr. Lamborghini started his rival company after Ferrari refused to sell him a car.

They only made 280 because thats how Ferrari is. From the very beginning Enzo and his company have been very picky about who they sold their cars to. Mr. Lamborghini started his rival company after Ferrari refused to sell him a car.

HAHAHA... That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Mr. Lambo was in the tractor business in the mid 50's after his mechanical experience in World War II it was a simple progression. He owned a Ferrari, and realized that many of the high stress parts that went into the Ferrari were the same that he used in his tractors, but the cars sold for much more money in comparison to the fixed costs of production... He decided to change his business and compete with Ferrari for the high margins.

Absolutely correct AgentOne... Thank you for clearing up the blasphamy. :D

Lamborghini is and will always be the best car in the world.... IMO of course.

That's right baby... I'm on the waiting list..... (in my dreams)

lamborghini.jpg

Yeap, Good old Lambo is the John deere of Italy :D And they still make far more then Diablos...

Ferrari is typicaly a "race on sunday sell on monday" company...they invest largely in thier raceing programs, which are subsudized through thier commercial car sales...that and the commercial car sales help legitimise thier raceing technology in the eyes of raceing officials (some raceing classes require that a minimum number of "street cars" have been produced before the involved technologyies can be used/modified for track compitition)...Enzo was always fond of V-12 front engine rear drive cars, mid engine rear drive wasn't supposedly something he was excited about...but as the cost of raceing grew, the company had to expand the commercial side of things inorder to raise enough capitol to remain competitive on the track...and thus the little V-6 powered "Dino" was born..followed by the 308 (V-8 basied in part on the V-6 in the Dino)...This helped expand thier commercial sales and allowed the raceing side of the company to expand, in effect splitting from the commercial side they had been closely tied into...the 308 was enlarged to become the 328, and all the while the Ferrari "flagship" car of the time, the V-12 front engine rear drive "Daytona" seems to have been forgotten :angry: Which is sad as it was/is an awsome GT car (recalling the awsome GTO of the 50's)...last "true" Ferrari the company produced before Enzo died...But then again Fiat purchaseing the company back when helped funnel cash to the track side of things too..course Fiat also produces farm equipment :rolleyes:

The only time Ferrari has been "picky about who they sell cars to" involves those limited production models that have been produced to legalize raceing technology...and even then these cars (like the GT-40) wern't originaly sold through Ferrari dealerships...the regular production cars...the "Dinos" 308, 328, Tesarossa, etc...well anyone could buy as long as they had the $$$

The Delorian is a neat looking car...a bit too heavy, and seriously underpowered ( factory claims of 0-60MPH in something like 10.3 seconds :blink: ) it certainly isn't a sports car despite the looks...

Ah, the Vector...cool car...that picture is of one of the prototypes...the production versions are not as angular and look a bit different...but like a lot of tiny little car companies, they are still trying to "get off the ground" and establish themselves...The Vector is a great idea, and seems to be well executed (mid engine Turbo charged V-8 (usualy sourced from a Corvette)...just the people who can afford them more often then not go for the Ferrari or Porshe brand :p

My grandfather had a Dino Ferrari. Great little car. He also had a '80s 911 Targa with the mechanical fuel injection. Boy was it a screamer. It had been my parents before he owned it. Fond memories of those cars.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Absolutely correct AgentOne... Thank you for clearing up the blasphamy. :D

Lamborghini is and will always be the best car in the world.... IMO of course.

That's right baby... I'm on the waiting list..... (in my dreams)

lamborghini.jpg

Forgive me, but for some reason I find that car hideous.