Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

I`m trying to find Zaku-II OYW game type but every where OOP. I would like to know is it a new mold or a repaint from the old MG kits.

364382[/snapback]

don't bother, it's just a repaint. But if you want the old MG ZAKU II, give me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Edited by F360°

the 0083 verion is the nicest zaku on the market right now, the OYW is horrible it is nothing more then a recolor of the first MG zaku, they really should do a Zaku 2.0 while they are putting out all of these upgrades this is one kit that definetly deserves it

chris

I also plan to get an F2. The MG Feddie Zaku II F2 is really hard to find. The Zeon version looks great but you don't get the classic weapons that the white version has (I just love the 120mm machine gun). If I don't find one soon for a good price I'm going to go for the green F2.

Either someone got it early or I need to go shopping.

11383149340272ea.th.jpg

And someone needs to make that shield Hyaku Shiki is carrying....I like... :)

11382730287839la.th.jpg

(P.S....from 4chan)

Edited by azrael

Hyaku-Shiki gets a SHIELD? :blink:

looks like i need to go shopping :p

edit: yup it is out Hobbysearch has it , here is the link if you want to check out the parts and manual, it is in the Gundam seed destiny section of course

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/gundam/

Edited by zeo-mare

I've got both an original Zaku II and the F2 versions but haven't really checked out either yet... is the F2 really that much better? The only thing I really noticed was the amount of removable armor and the increased shoulder functionality....otherwise they seemed pretty similar.

And I'll try and get pictures of my new Rick Dom up tomrmrow after I finish teh weapons. It is easily my favorite kit so far.... I did a custom scheme replacing the purple with a greyish olive green and adding some abstract geometric patterns to the leg bells that looks really awesome.

yeah, the hand aren't big enough to grasp the handles, so i need to mod the handles... I want to buy a CR Freedom & CR Impulse... I still have I-Justice & METEOR 2 to build :)

364317[/snapback]

*Update* I was able to use the hands from the HG Freedom on my CR Strike Freedom, just painted them gold... he is grasping METEOR's handles a bit better...

Again pics not working  <_<

364764[/snapback]

Try this:

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9848/11383149340272ea.jpg

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/2638/11382730287839la.jpg

I'm guessing Tamiya "Gold Leaf" paint is not going to look very great?

Gold paint should only be used on small and hidden parts. Unfortunately, once you used gold paint on Hyaku Shiki (original MG, or the HG) or the brand new Akatsuki, it will not match the gold plating, which will force you to repaint the entire model with gold paint. "Gold Leaf" (or equivalent gold paint) is your only option.

I'm guessing Tamiya "Gold Leaf" paint is not going to look very great?

Gold paint should only be used on small and hidden parts. Unfortunately, once you used gold paint on Hyaku Shiki (original MG, or the HG) or the brand new Akatsuki, it will not match the gold plating, which will force you to repaint the entire model with gold paint. "Gold Leaf" (or equivalent gold paint) is your only option.

364814[/snapback]

Do these Hyakushiki kits come gold-plated? I thought they were molded in yellow plastic. I will have to take a closer look at some of the "kit contents" pics out there on the web.

Do these Hyakushiki kits come gold-plated?  I thought they were molded in yellow plastic.  I will have to take a closer look at some of the "kit contents" pics out there on the web.

364827[/snapback]

The original MG and the HG are gold-plated...or molded with that shiny gold. I forget how that process went.....But the new MG Hyaku Shiki w/Ballute System is only molded in gold-color. If you want it shiny gold, you will need paint it.

The original MG and the HG are gold-plated...or molded with that shiny gold. I forget how that process went.....But the new MG Hyaku Shiki w/Ballute System is only molded in gold-color. If you want it shiny gold, you will need paint it.

364856[/snapback]

OK! Now that's cleared up -- How do I paint on the shiny gold?

Gold-Leaf paint? Is there anything better? Gold-Leaf + Future = Gold-Plated look?

Will I need to use something like ALCAD-II?

Mr Color? I notice that the Japanese brands ALL seem to recommend Mr Color these days in their instructions. Its the defacto standard for painting guides from Hasegawa, Bandai, Wave, etc...

Canned Spray-Paint?

Gold-Leaf paint?  Is there anything better?  Gold-Leaf + Future = Gold-Plated look?

Will I need to use something like ALCAD-II?

Mr Color?  I notice that the Japanese brands ALL seem to recommend Mr Color these days in their instructions.  Its the defacto standard for painting guides from Hasegawa, Bandai, Wave, etc...

364858[/snapback]

You would need to spray something like MG Hyaku Shiki (w/ ballute) or airbrush it. Gold Leaf is Mr. Color Gold is okay (but if it's like it's brother, Hobby Color....it might be kinda silver-ish). ALCAD-II should be fine. Any way should be fine. But remember, reproducing that gold from the original MG and the HG won't be easy. The best you could do is get it close to the manual pics:

http://211.233.38.221/dalong/mg/m85/m85_m.htm

according to Hobby Search there is some new kits on the horizon, I knew that MK II Titan 2.0 was coming :p I think the Grips war set may be the Zeta, MK II and Shiki in one boxset.

March

Quebely HGUC 1/144 Special Coating Version--Y 3,000

Grips War Set (????) HGUC 1/144---Y 4,200

Gundam Mark II Ver. 2.0 Titans Colors MG 1/100---Y 3,500

April

AMX-003 Gaza-C (Hamarn Custom) HGUC 1/144----Y 1,400

AMX-003 Gaza-C(Normal Use) HGUC 1/144----Y 1,400

Owashi Akatsuki Gundam Gundam SEED Destiny HG40 1/144----Y 2,400

they must have just put that, when i saw it before there was no mention of what it contained, that is what i figured though.

chris

You would need to spray something like MG Hyaku Shiki (w/ ballute) or airbrush it. Gold Leaf is Mr. Color Gold is okay (but if it's like it's brother, Hobby Color....it might be kinda  silver-ish). ALCAD-II should be fine. Any way should be fine. But remember, reproducing that gold from the original MG and the HG won't be easy. The best you could do is get it close to the manual pics:

http://211.233.38.221/dalong/mg/m85/m85_m.htm

365012[/snapback]

Actually, that painted look is pretty good. It looks more like the anime. There's alot more depth to that the very anti-ceptic plate look.

Here's a shot of the HGUC Methuss.

I'm unsure about the yellow, but still not bad overall.

post-514-1138750400.jpg

Nice weathering!! I like how the darker colors look. At first I didn't notice the dark green colors because the red color in the Dom's head always gets my attention first and I thought the rest was also just a darker colored version.

Yeah, I'm really happy with the dark green....I'll be doing similar colors on the Zaku II F2 that I'm building now.... once I'm un-sick and finish the two papers that I have for school first *tear*

Edited by promethuem5

Here's a shot of the HGUC Methuss.

I'm unsure about the yellow, but still not bad overall.

365279[/snapback]

looks good it definetly will need to be painted, but i like what i see. any new shots of the palace athene yet?

chris

I want to get both Akatsuki's, and that CR OO Justice. I have a lot of building to do, I finished my HG OO Justice, now I will start on METEOR-02 and then will be my HG 1/44 Dendrobium I got off of Ebat, geez this thing is HUGE (& the Gundam Evolve 4 is pretty cool too).