Custom SV-51

Dobber

Chris,

Great job!

So far, I haven't really cared for the SV-51 very much at all, but I honestly think that is because of the other paint schemes I've seen it in.

I have to say that the color combination and pattern you used for yours is one of my all time favorites.

I too find brush painting to often be a lot quicker/easier, just as long as you use a good brush, and a good paint that is the correct viscosity so it dries without showing the brush strokes.

I've considered trying out an airbrush, but just can't bring myself to invest in one. Call me a dinosaur, but I don't relish the thought of the having to clean out the nozzle/tubbing everytime I want to change colors. I know there are a lot of benefits though.

Your Low Viz. VF-1A looks great too. Did you use an actual Hasegawa Low Viz. or just a standard VF-1A painted gray?

With regard to your VF-1S Roy Strike project, the white plastic almost looks like it is upainted. I also noticed that the plastic section behind the air brake is setting lower than it should be. The color you chose for the armor is very nice.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

With regard to your VF-1S Roy Strike project, the white plastic almost looks like it is upainted. I also noticed that the plastic section behind the air brake is setting lower than it should be. The color you chose for the armor is very nice.

I can't really tell about the plastic, but the VF-1 Super/Strike Valkyries have that particular piece set lower than the normals, since the backpack need the space. I've always wondered myself why that area needed to be separate. Turns out that Hasegawa had the Super/Strike Valks in mind when they released the normals.

Stamen0083,

I know what you mean about the backpack/fastpack armor, but I built a Strike a year ago and I remember having a hard time with that part. It wanted to push down, but I had to put something thin into the gap and pull it up if I recall. That part also has pegs that hold the swing wing gears in place too.

The parts should still be flush though, I would think. I'll have to check out the instructions of one of my unbuilt kits tonight.

Did you receive your FIX Mark II yet?

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

The parts should still be flush though, I would think.  I'll have to check out the instructions of one of my unbuilt kits tonight.

It should be in the "real" plane, but it's not in the model. The Super/Strike Valks come with a different part in the Super/Strike trees specifically to replace that part. If I recall, there's a bar or something at the bottom so that it is propped up and you don't have to do guess work.

Either way, it was surprising to me too when I saw the instructions.

Did you receive your FIX Mark II yet?

Yeap, on Monday, and I left you a glowing review in the SS list :-D

It's true that you haven't even touched the thing. The top of the box was still dusty. I just wonder about the scotch tape though... I swear GFF tape is clear, not translucent...

Either way, it doesn't matter. It now accompanies my GFF Ex-S Gundam Valkyrie-Exchange has so graciously sold me at a considerable saving on my wall.

Edited by Stamen0083

Stamen0083,

I'm glad your happy and I'm sure your right about the VF-1S Strike. I haven't had a chance to check, so I'll just take your word on it.

Keep in mind that I've had that particular FIX figure for a while, and as I said, the figures were either Mint in Sealed Box (box never opened), or Mint in Box (box was opened, all parts are mint, but not necessarily the tape ;) ).

Take it easy.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Thanks Again everyone!!!! Sorry I've been out of town the past week...I'm moving to West Virginia in a month and my wife and I needed to find a place to live in WV.

Christopher, Yeah the instructions specified to do that with that section. Should I try to fix it? The Vf-1S Strike is actuallly painted Light Grey with a few lighter panels to give a slightly weathered look. The VF-1S "low vis" is just the standard VF-1S Repainted. I actually lost the remaining clear parts for that particular model....so other than the canopy there are no clear parts! as you can see in the picture. Anyone have any suggestion?

As for the SV-51, I'm nearly done the vertical stabs and then I can decal and weather it! i can't wait!!! I'll post more pictures soon.

Chris

post-3-1084061146_thumb.jpg

OK, I have some update photo's. All the panels are now done,as are the vertical stabs. I started putting the decals on but I didn't get very far with them cause I wanted to give them time to dry, plus Hasegawa loxes to make dual layer decals.... :angry: Once the decals are finished I'll weather seal and put on the clear parts and weapons! Hope you like :D

post-3-1084671611_thumb.jpg

Another. You really can't tell but the canopy seem came off easily with out removing the break-away lines on it beacuse the seems are on opposite sides

post-3-1084671718_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dobber

Another :p. I've read that alot of people have had the vertical stab antenna broken off when they got there kits as I had, as you can see. I still neet to replace it. The step-by-step thread for the SV-51 has a really good way to fix it that I still need to do!

post-3-1084672066_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dobber

Absolutely inspired scheme - I never really liked the SV-51 (didn't think it look too aircraft like) especially with that red scheme. But your flanker scheme is making me think twice about this kit.

Again, great job - let's see some nice finished pics soon.

Thanks evryone! I'm nearly finished now. Most of the weathering is finished, just need to do a few touch up details and add the final clear parts. Oh yeah, forgot about the weapons too but I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the finished plane without the weapons!

Mallet21, I.....Love......that avatar!!!! "I'll have a Samual Jackson!!" :lol:

Chris

Hello everyone, well I'm not totally finished yet ( moving is a bitch!!!)but the weathering is done, just need to finish the weapons and touch up the clear parts, oh yeah and fix that vertical stab antenna. This is essentially the finished bird though. Again for those who haven't seen this post or read anything said earlier, this entire model is brush painted including the weathering (used brushed on pastel dust) Hope you enjoy! I'll post the finished pics in a week or two hopefully with a display base, after I'm settled in my new place. ;)

post-3-1085623109_thumb.jpg

The pictures really aren't that great due to the indoor lighting, alot of the subtle details can't be seen such as some "faded" panels or the "ribbing" effect that came out. you can sort of make it out in some of the pictures though. When I take the "finished pictures I'll do it out doors!!! :D

post-3-1085623323_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I bumped this post so people can get a better look at the SV-51 from my other post. Main differences now, clear parts and weapons finished and the panel lining is a little more subdued.

Chris