How many of you own the Takara 20th MP Prime?

yes but that and boeing who owns mcdonnal douglass being extremely anal on licensing like david has discusses leads us to believe that starscream would more than likely be an F-22 instead of the F-15. hell the energon one is an F-22 also.

i dont own the takara prime. I am getting the hasbro one. aside from stacks and gun color i think it is a might fine toy.

I've been kinda debating picking one up. My budget for such things is limited, and I'm not at all impressed with the vehicle mode.

I'll probably just get more Zoids.

do it do it!!

I've decided to do it, I've gotten more Zoids.

Everytime I look at the MP Prime, I like it less. My biggest problem is that the vehicle mode is a mess. I don't want a Transformer that I never want to transform.

Sorry. Didn't mean to poo poo the thread. :(

I've been kinda debating picking one up. My budget for such things is limited, and I'm not at all impressed with the vehicle mode.

I'll probably just get more Zoids.

do it do it!!

I've decided to do it, I've gotten more Zoids.

Everytime I look at the MP Prime, I like it less. My biggest problem is that the vehicle mode is a mess. I don't want a Transformer that I never want to transform.

Sorry. Didn't mean to poo poo the thread. :(

You really have to handle this toy to apreciate how great it is. Next time your at a toy or anime con ask to handle a sample from the vendor if they offer that. I assure you once you play with the thing your not gonna want to stop. The heft, the quality, the absolutly astounding bot mode, IMHO all out weigh the slightly off truck mode. It's the best prime to to date.

Course I'm a lil slanted considering I hate zoids :rolleyes: So I'd nab a prime over them anyday. :p

Oh and I own 2 myself, one for play and messing around, (problem is with any diecast toy no matter how hard you try the paint wears :( ) and the 2nd is still in its factory shrink wrap. I am considering nabbing a 3rd one to keep for purely display purposes. and using the one I currently have opened for messing around while the other gets posed once displayed and when people say awesome let me play with it! I pull out the demonstration version :p .

Part of me really wishes that Hasbro decided to take the same aproach with the anni prime as they did with the US released alternators, same molds, just all plastic. Reason being is because I use my nice looking BT's for display, and my cheapy alternators for messing around.

Edited by GobotFool

You have make a big mistake.

At first I thought I will only buy the MP Prime,

and end up having to collect the whole BT line.

Prime doesn't look good without his other buddies.

BTW, I heard from the toy shop I go to that Takara is

going to make a trailer for MP prime.

hi i just got mine awesome figure, this is probally the nicest Transformer i have ever owned, i am looking forward to getting some of the Binaltechs to go with him, thanks to chowser for hooking me up with this great peice

I have one, got it right after Christmas, and I have to say that he is quite awesome.Now I don't transform him everyday, cause I don't want his paint to all chip away, but he does come down from the shelf and get handled once in a while. But then I can't put him down, he's just so posable that you don't want to leave him in the same pose very long! Oh, and all of you uneasy people need to understand that this is the best Prime figure ever and He's not going to be around forever. Snatch them up while you still can!

*EDIT* One wierd thing I have noticed on mine though, there's no paint chipping on any contact points; metal or plastic, but he does have some minor paint chipping on the rivets that are at the top of the chest doors towards the middle. I wonder why...

Edited by Shmitty

Come again?

Why did I make a mistake? MP Convoy's the best in TF, just like 1/48 Valks are the best in Macross or Robocrap.

I'm glad I bought 2 MPs, and I'm also going to get the rest of the BT's and Taka reissues like Stepper.

Maybe I should buy 3 more just to make you even more greener ;)

Come again?

Why did I make a mistake? MP Convoy's the best in TF, just like 1/48 Valks are the best in Macross or Robocrap.

I'm glad I bought 2 MPs, and I'm also going to get the rest of the BT's and Taka reissues like Stepper.

Actually, I think hevangel2 was referring to Greyryder (who decided to buy Zoids instead of MP Prime) and not you. To each his own though. Although I do have two Takara Convoys and love them, I also don't think the truck mode is that great (although the bot mode kicks ass). I'd love to see a Binaltech Convoy/Prime that looks great in truck mode. :)

Melissa

Takara 20th Anniversary all the way! This thing rocks, it's not Macross, but still rocks. Yous should probably look into getting one Graham, it is a remarkable toy.

I also love the alternators, yes the american versions of these. Any money that I have goes to my 1/48 collection, no love for the price of the Binaltec, even when I think the price is worth it.

That's just me, he he

Vic!

I've got one last month for 34USD, it's a second hand OP, with some paint off, but has no other flaw. Have to say it is a very good toy, well engineered and made, heavy, solid, easy transform, and fully playable, posable, far beyond my expectation.

After long time non-stop transforming "practice", I must admit it is way better than 1/48 VF-1, a real "toy"!

Also got a Smokescreen from the same seller, not good as OP, but still decent, and the price is sweet too :p

Wish the new Beetle come out soon, and Starscream, if there is one.

post-26-1083762854_thumb.jpg

Come again?

Actually, I think hevangel2 was referring to Greyryder (who decided to buy Zoids instead of MP Prime) and not you. To each his own though. Although I do have two Takara Convoys and love them, I also don't think the truck mode is that great (although the bot mode kicks ass). I'd love to see a Binaltech Convoy/Prime that looks great in truck mode. :)

Melissa

I actually suspected that ;) but I just needed to vent. Damn job stress!

I'm waiting on the mini masterpiece Prime. The cab looks better than the big one's, and I don't think that the final version is going to have that huge gap above the chassis that the pictures we've seen so far have. The price is a little easier to take, too.

I may even get that articualted Starscream, as well.

Ouch newca!

Thank the matrix those are Hasbro pieces. I'd hate to do that kind of damage (modifications) to my Masterpice Convoy or Binaltech figures. Yikes. B))

yeah yeah, the horrible scratch marks(they are contrived I believe, maybe some "secret" products leak from the factory in south China), that's why I can got it in a low price, I'll repaint it one day. all in all, a very nice "play thing", will collect more.

My girlfriend got me one of these as a graduation present today, and I have to say, WOW!...talk about "heavy metal", my girlfriend said when she first bought it, she nearly dropped it on her foot because it was so heavy! After about a half hour of "liberating" it from it's infuriating packaging, I finally got the thing figured out.

The hand doesn't seem to want to hold his main gun too well, but the megatron fits just fine. I care nothing about the energy axe and do not plan on displaying it.

I've also already got a pair of cut Q-tips laying out to be painted so my Prime can have the proper stacks.

Convoy is part of my toy collection, it's the best TF ever IMO. I may end up getting a Hasbro version just for the black rifle. I've got Alternator Smokescreen and Sideswipe opened and a sealed BT Smokescreen, I hope to get all of these. I plan on opening all Alts and keeping all BTs sealed, that way there will be no paint chipping. :p