Now that's a sweet cockpit

Grayson72

That is extremely well-done. One thing though...I don't remember anywhere in the TV show where any Valk had the "cord-handle" ejection seat triggers like that. Actually, it'd make sense if the Valks did...

That's not a knife... THIS is a knife.

**shameless attempt at self-promotion** :lol:

Too bad that knife will never be made in mass production for all Mospeada Fans :(

I think you should have sold it as 22nd Century Robot Fighter and made them anyway.

Yeah, the 1D cockpit looks nice, but no VF ever had "loud handles" like that.

John, you SO have to finish that Kit!!! It is divine provence that you complete the 1/32 and take your place among the great model masters of the world! :)

OMG... John, besides hijacking this thread, you're making me go broke. Put me down for 1. I wish I had enough to get 4 so I can have all 3 variants plus the stealth version.

Edit - Actually, if you have free time, I would love it if you would take your skills and help us realize a 1/48 high detail cockpit kit, VF-1D, VT-1, and VE-1 conversion kits for the Yamato Valkyries.

There are hordes of buyers waiting for these products. I'll take a full squadron or two. :D

Edited by Neova

1/32 scale.

Yeah why don't cha cast it for us, we'll all buy it?

Sure thing.

Just line-up 50 or so people who are willing to shell-out $520.00 apiece for the kit, and I'll get right to work.

here we go again... and this time it's your fault Cap... ;):p

Grayson put me on that list!!! :lol:

Edited by >EXO<

1/32 scale.

Yeah why don't cha cast it for us, we'll all buy it?

Sure thing.

Just line-up 50 or so people who are willing to shell-out $520.00 apiece for the kit, and I'll get right to work.

Why would it cost that much, resin and molds don't cost that much. Are you trying to recover your model master building costs? Better to get some money for your efforts than not at all.

I'm just taking a wild stab but the material, like the foam he uses costs a grip. Not to mention the cost for the hours he could be working on a paid project instead.

Maybe we should start another thread if needed, I feel bad for the poor guy's cockpit on the start of the thread. That's only if Cap wants to entertain the thought. :unsure:

I'm just taking a wild stab but the material, like the foam he uses costs a grip. Not to mention the cost for the hours he could be working on a paid project instead.

Maybe we should start another thread if needed, I feel bad for the poor guy's cockpit on the start of the thread. That's only if Cap wants to entertain the thought. :unsure:

It doesn't matter, I posted the pick, I thought it was cool and wanted to share it, you obviously saw the pic so that was my objective.

1D cockpit is nice...the Legioss is gorgeous. Unfoirtunatly $500 isn't that off considering the number of pieces and size...and costs of people to do it...Consider the BlackAces Strike costs which is

A) a kit with less pieces (about 1/2) and

B) a kit that Noel didnt have to scuplt

His price was fair...and considering those points you realize why the darn Legioss cost so much. Still Capn is right...and someday there will be enough of us who will buy it to warrent the project....someday.

Now...if I could just win the damn lottery!!! :rolleyes:

OMG... John, besides hijacking this thread, you're making me go broke. Put me down for 1. I wish I had enough to get 4 so I can have all 3 variants plus the stealth version.

Edit - Actually, if you have free time, I would love it if you would take your skills and help us realize a 1/48 high detail cockpit kit, VF-1D, VT-1, and VE-1 conversion kits for the Yamato Valkyries.

There are hordes of buyers waiting for these products. I'll take a full squadron or two. :D

Hi Anthony

...I really should've been more careful about posting that; looks like I've opened up another can o' worms.

The Vf-1D project sounds like a relatively interesting one. However, if you look at the foreward fuselage of the D conpared to the A/J/S, there's quite a length difference. That, combined with the shortened chest armor and the need for a very long heatshield (to cover the elongated canopy) might result in an engineering "brick wall." Probably the best solution would be a "cheat" technique similar to what Yamato did in 1/60... It's a lot of work though.

looks like I've opened up another can o' worms.

If that can of worms is still open put me down for 3 and a Tread... come on... a Legioss that nice MUST have a Tread to go with it and a couple 1/32 ride armors in the different modes would be nice too.

Carl

Great cockpit on the VF-1; the only thing I think I would change is paint the surface of everything a little lighter, like a dark gray. It looks almost straight black, and black in scale gets lighter the smaller the scale. Plus it would bring out the details more.

Hi Anthony

...I really should've been more careful about posting that; looks like I've opened up another can o' worms.

The Vf-1D project sounds like a relatively interesting one. However, if you look at the foreward fuselage of the D conpared to the A/J/S, there's quite a length difference. That, combined with the shortened chest armor and the need for a very long heatshield (to cover the elongated canopy) might result in an engineering "brick wall." Probably the best solution would be a "cheat" technique similar to what Yamato did in 1/60... It's a lot of work though.

John,

I don't have a 1/60 VF-1D so I can't compare. I do have the 1/60 Elintseeker and Super Ostrich but those two have bubble canopies which are different. I think folks would not mind a cheat techinique just for the heatshield. Perhaps a snap on affair like the arm FP micro missile launcher. I would not mind that at all.

If you ever have the time (who has), I can help you get started since I will have an extra fully intacted 1/48 chestplate (no cockpit, no wings, no arms or legs, no head - so you will need to reference your 1/48 VF-1J) and whatever left over parts which I will gladly donate to you to start this endeavour.

As for the cockpit, I love those ejection handles and think they add realism to the Valkyries. I now have something to do with my cheap F-14 kits. :D