A virgin, no more.

irishman

Well guys,

Ive been lurking here for.(checks signup date)... well.. over two years now.

Ive coveted and coveted, but having a family and two kids, I just cant spend money on toys like you guys can. I have however allways wanted to have a set of GPB-armor. I traditionally drove a Crusader back in my 1988 Battletech days, and have allways wanted one in the "big" size for my desk.

I have tried to hunt down the ArII 1/72 GPB armored Valk model, but Mr Nuggets would never sell me one for under $80.00. Geeze! I asked him if he would sell me one for around $40.. just to be nice.. its not like he is a businessman or anything...

So I have been without.

Now with the GPB for Yammies comming out in May-June, I thought I would splurge, but the combined kit cost looks like its going to be well over $100. So looking at todays mails I saw this:

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/MCS-VF1A.html

The Yamato Max Jenius VF-1A, 1/60, DYRL?, Valkyrie for only $29

I Just ordered one. I really like the A head the best anyway. So I am DESPERATELY hoping that I have not made a huge mistake and that the GPB will fit this model.

So there you have it. My first Macross Valk. *sniff sniff* And soon Ill have the GPB to go on it.

Irishman

What!

Well I read through the recent posts, and it said that the GPB would fit all Yammies except the D, VE, and VT. In fact, thats what it says on the Valkyrie Exchange website where the GPB is for sale!

Someone say it aint so!

Irishman.

(but if I do have to drill some holes on it, can you buy 1/60 strike kits seperate?... OH god.. is this how the addition starts?).

I'm a new de-cloaking lurker as well. I sholuld be getting my first yammie (1/60 CF) tomorrow.

as I understand it, a few of the first 1/60 VF-1s don't have the appropriate holes/clips to take armor- there was a thread recently about which 1/60s could take the FAST packs- I'm assuming that the valks that won't take FAST packs are the same as the ones that can't take the armor.

Congrats on the Yammie score! I for one am not a big toy collector, but I for one will be getting one of those Armored bad boys.

Edited by Mechwarrior

Graham!

According to this post:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=4386&hl=

You got to handle the 1/60 yammie GBP Armor.

Do you know if the armor is restricted to the Fast Pack versions or all 1/60 yammies?

Argh! The pain! The Anguish!

Oh well, its only $35 bucks with shipping. Not like I have a lot invested into it. Ill drill it anyway.

And if I chip up the paint, there is allways that custom paint job I always wanted to do, to match the colours on my Battletech Mech from days long ago.

(hmmm Ill have to find some nose art for it also).

Graham? Any confirmation yea or nay?

you could just swap the head...the gbp armor covers up so much of the valk, maybe you won't notice the color difference.

and to say that about MN is really wierd because I'm pretty sure he was and still is in the toy BUSINESS...and in business you try to make money. around the 10-15% margin. if he can't sell it to you for a price, it's not because he's not a nice guy, it's becuase he most likely will take a loss or something.

As stated above, the GBP-S will not be "off-the-shelf" compatible with the VF-1D, VT-1, and VE-1.

( I say this because you just know a MW member will make it fit on those, too. :p )

The FAST-PACKS are incompatible with all Valks prior to the Super -1J release.

(Although some have reported seeing sporadic FP holes on earlier CF Valks.)

And welcome to the Yamato club!!

As stated above, the GBP-S will not be "off-the-shelf" compatible with the VF-1D, VT-1, and VE-1.

The FAST-PACKS are incompatible with all Valks prior to the Super -1J release.

In your post you said: (a) Wont fit the funky valks, and (b) the one I bought is not fast pack capeable. What I have not heard is that © in order to wear the GBP armor, you have to be fast pack capeable. I guess we wont know till we see it.

But worst case:

Since I got the Pre-Fast Pack Max, I should be able to attach the arms and legs but have to drill holes for the backpack boosters of the GBP? I know that it wont fit the VF-1D, VT-1 and VE because of the nosecone and chest shapes. Im not that worried about drilling holes, even in the metal legs. Im sure I can use the actuall parts to line up where the holes need to be once I get the armor.

So I assume the leg pieces fit AROUND the legs, and either are attached with a screw through the center, into the actuall leg (where Id have to drill one), or a screw somewhere in the two halves so they clamp around the legs.

The only thing I have concerns about are some people said that I would have to cut notches in the arms. I can see this for the FAST pack arm pieces, but it looks like the arms just slide into the arm pieces of the GBP armor. so no slot may be needed.

If Im lucky, all I will need to do is drill the backpack holes, and thats not a big deal at all.

Irishman

(sorry for all the posts, but its an exciting day for me)

Congratulations :lol:

It feels great when your first yammie finally arrives, make sure it stays away from your kids hands ;) and use the phrase, this is daddy's toy.

Make sure to also pass Macross to your future generations :lol:

Make sure to also pass Macross to your future generations :lol:

meh screw that.. I don't want those Pokemon loving punks to have my crap...

Today devirginized,

tomorrow you're a whore...

but then again the irish are not known for their inhibitions... lol...

In your post you said: (a) Wont fit the funky valks, and (b) the one I bought is not fast pack capeable. What I have not heard is that © in order to wear the GBP armor, you have to be fast pack capeable. I guess we wont know till we see it.

Nope. You don't have to be FP capable for the GBP. :D

Since I got the Pre-Fast Pack Max, I should be able to attach the arms and legs but have to drill holes for the backpack boosters of the GBP?

I believe it will not work on the 2-seaters only because of the noses.

I bet you'd be able to put everything but the torso armor on the -1D, VE and VT.....we shall see.......

As for any modifications needed to fit the GBP, all the hype says "no".

And I hope not, as I have no talent in that area...................amongst others!! :p

Welcome, fellow GBP-Armor enthusiast! Like GRAND CANNON said, ya have nothing to worry about when it comes to the 1/60 GBP coz it will fit most VF types. But bear in mind and ya have been told, this is not going to be yer last valk, he-he! :lol::D:)