Macross 4" Figure Collection

baronv

Jus saw this Macross 4" figure collection set #1. They are Mao Nome, Lynn Minmay, Mylene Jenius, Ishtar, and Hikaru Ichijo. I haven't seen these before in any postings. Are these any good?

post-4-1081536907.jpg

Does anyone know if the second series of the CM's Macross Figures will have a surprise figure, like in the first series?

Most probably yes, though we won't know what it is until its released.

its $5.50 for one box and 10 figures in a set (5 regular and 5 clear version.)

thats really a great price. i remember when those were selling for double, triple that price.

So, it's 5.50 per figure then.

And no way to tell which one you will get I suppose?

All I want are Hikaru and Minmay, Sara would be cool, but the Mac 7 figs can burn in hell :lol:

They are excellent. The sculpts are very close to the anime characters, the paint job quality is good. They are also getting more difficult to find by the day. Get them when you find them.

Btw, the next set looks very promising too.

So what next in line? What comes after Roy Focker & Co.?

They are excellent. The sculpts are very close to the anime characters, the paint job quality is good. They are also getting more difficult to find by the day. Get them when you find them.

No idea. But I bet it'll have a Max and Millia in the group. I hope they'll make a Sivil too. I think they should also make another set that focus only on the Macross Bridge bunnies. That will be the coolest!

No idea. But I bet it'll have a Max and Millia in the group. I hope they'll make a Sivil too. I think they should also make another set that focus only on the Macross Bridge bunnies. That will be the coolest!

Did you say Millia might be in it? Oh yeah!!! But why no Myung or Lucy?

Did you say Millia might be in it? Oh yeah!!! But why no Myung or Lucy?

Hehehe, too many questions that only insiders can answer for sure. :) BoB is no insider. He is just a fan of these figures. :D Maybe they are saving up the Macross Plus characters for another 'Plus-only set? They may have not even taken up the 'Plus license - so there might not be a 'Plus set or singles of these figures at all. Who knows? But no matter what Macross figs CMS might have in store for us, I'll definately look forward to buying them. They've all been really excellent figures so far. :)

Edited by Beware of Blast

BTW - why do some of those have the UN Spacy logo on the base and others don't??

Minmay was the only figure that came with the UN Spacy symbol. Why I dunno. The others were plain white. I cant wait for the second set. Basara will get sold off of course lol

Edited by dejr8bud

BTW - why do some of those have the UN Spacy logo on the base and others don't??

Minmay was the only figure that came with the UN Spacy symbol. Why I dunno. The others were plain white. I cant wait for the second set. Basara will get sold off of course lol

I'm guessing the reason why minmay only comes with that base is because she is seen singing on the un spacy symbol in the movie. :p:D:lol:

I'm guessing the reason why minmay only comes with that base is because she is seen singing on the un spacy symbol in the movie. :p:D:lol:

Hmm, I was wondering if they were just stickers or decals that you could apply, though that would be easy enough to do.

So, where can one get these without having to shell for the entire set?

All I want is Hikaru and Minmay.

Hmm, I was wondering if they were just stickers or decals that you could apply, though that would be easy enough to do.

So, where can one get these without having to shell for the entire set?

All I want is Hikaru and Minmay.

Find someone willing to part a set and I'll take the Ishtar. :)

That's funny....I always thought the UN Spacy base was for Hikaru. :lol:

That's not a bad price, if the mystery figure is included. If the going price is RM110 for one set of 5 figures (which is the norm), you're paying roughly about RM70 for that Minmay doll alone. Pretty steep (to me) for gashapon-level toys... but it's not too bad since that is quite rare.

That's not a bad price, if the mystery figure is included. If the going price is RM110 for one set of 5 figures (which is the norm), you're paying roughly about RM70 for that Minmay doll alone. Pretty steep (to me) for gashapon-level toys... but it's not too bad since that is quite rare.

Hehe....you know i'm from malaysia? Well yea....when these figures 1st came out, it was RM90 at xl-shop.com. But there's this hobby shop in Atria and its selling for RM185.....now i'm wondwering if I should get it or save up for a B-T Subaru. hehe.

I'm from KL. B)) If you're gonna justify spending your RM200+ budget between the Macross figs and the BT Subaru, that will be tough man. :lol: If it helps, there are still quite alot of the BT Subarus in usual KL shops. The Macross figs on the otherhand... that set you see might be your last.

I saw a set in a local store which was about USD49 with the Minmay doll secret figure. Is it worth it?

BUY IT ~! BUY IT ~! DON'T GET TOO LATE~!!

Sigh.....I guess I'll go geddit later this weekend (if its still there). But I'll probably feel bad about it. This is like when I thought about if I bought the Q-rau over the MPC Optimus....and then one day I stumbled on a Qrau which was about 30 bux cheaper than the Optimus (divine intervention).

Btw, the store owner wouldn't give them to me for any cheaper. Stingy bugger. Not even a dollar. And he doesn't know if this set was the reissue or not. Has the reissue even been released yet? I was thinking of getting the reissues since they will be cheaper, instead from these shopkeepers who jack-up the price of rare goods. (not that i blame them)

Edited by wolfx

I saw a set in a local store which was about USD49 with the Minmay doll secret figure. Is it worth it?

BUY IT ~! BUY IT ~! DON'T GET TOO LATE~!!

Sigh.....I guess I'll go geddit later this weekend (if its still there). But I'll probably feel bad about it. This is like when I thought about if I bought the Q-rau over the MPC Optimus....and then one day I stumbled on a Qrau which was about 30 bux cheaper than the Optimus (divine intervention).

Btw, the store owner wouldn't give them to me for any cheaper. Stingy bugger. Not even a dollar. And he doesn't know if this set was the reissue or not. Has the reissue even been released yet? I was thinking of getting the reissues since they will be cheaper, instead from these shopkeepers who jack-up the price of rare goods. (not that i blame them)

Hi guys,

I think you get the set, and I think the second set would be coming soon this month. I think the Q-raus would still be available for some time, XL-shop just restocked them but I think their price is a bit expensive. I also heard that XL-Shop would taking another shipment next month of the MPC Optimus Prime (Takara).

Regards

Well...i finally decided to go buy it today and ..... it was GONE.....

FESS UP! Who got it before me?

:angry:

Nah....just kidding...now i have money to spend on them FF Trading Arts figures. Hopefully them reissues will come out and they will be cheap.

man they went quickly,, i email them about if they have any more new full cases sets and they relpy with "lots" and then2 days later,, "sold out" <_<

I should of order 2 sets instead of 1 :angry: cause I only got 1 minmay, well 2 if you include the doll. :p:)

oh I do a a question, which is more rear,, the ones with clear hair or the ones with solid color ones., cause I'm not sure what counts as a set. All the ones with clear hair and all the ones with solid ones? :blink:

man they went quickly,, i email them about if they have any more new full cases sets and they relpy with "lots" and then2 days later,, "sold out" <_<

I should of order 2 sets instead of 1 :angry: cause I only got 1 minmay, well 2 if you include the doll. :p:)

oh I do a a question, which is more rear,, the ones with clear hair or the ones with solid color ones., cause I'm not sure what counts as a set. All the ones with clear hair and all the ones with solid ones? :blink:

the clear and solid hair ones are evenly distributed. What's rare is the Minmei doll. Lucky.

I should of order 2 sets instead of 1 :angry:  cause I only got 1 minmay, well 2 if you include the doll.  :p  :)

oh I do a a question, which is more rear,, the ones with clear hair or the ones with solid color ones.,  cause I'm not sure what counts as a set.  All the ones with clear hair and all the ones with solid ones?  :blink:

the clear and solid hair ones are evenly distributed. What's rare is the Minmei doll. Lucky.

He got the doll? Lucky chum!