Resin Vs Vinyl?

Noyhauser

Assuming it's like other Wave vinyl robots, there vinyl has always seemed very "plasticky" to me. A good thing, IMHO. It can be sanded, just go easy. As for cutting---you know how you can cut paper just by drawing it across the blade of a scissors, rather than actually "using" the scissors? It cuts best like that. Put the blade in, and just push/pull the blade through the vinyl in one motion, don't "saw" the vinyl. Go slow, and it'll cut really nicely.

Overall--go slow. It'll cut and sand nicely, if you just go slow, with little pressure and movement. Fewer, longer strokes are better than many small rapid ones.

(I've only built ONE vinyl kit, but it was a WAVE 1/72 mecha, so I'm presuming it'll be similar)

PS----fill the legs with weight. Lots of it. Like, solid lead from the feet to the thighs. Unless you've got the perfect stand to hold it.

PS----fill the legs with weight. Lots of it. Like, solid lead from the feet to the thighs. Unless you've got the perfect stand to hold it.

Plaster of paris is better. If it has a head, don't glue the head on and pour the plaster in before painting.

Not only will it give you a solid kit that won't fall over, but it'll stop the inevitable warping that occurs in summer heat.

speaking of which and please reply or email me ,but i broke a laser on my robotech vf-1s masterpiece what kind of glue works for that kind of palstic ,infact i dont even know the plastic type HELP ME PLEASE

speaking of which and please reply or email me ,but i broke a laser on my robotech vf-1s masterpiece what kind of glue works for that kind of palstic ,infact i dont even know the plastic type HELP ME PLEASE

Basically, superglue and epoxy glues will work for that type of plastic. Just make sure the two mating surfaces do not have a significant gap, and rough up the plastic where the glue will join the two with some sandpaper.

Basically, superglue and epoxy glues will work for that type of plastic. Just make sure the two mating surfaces do not have a significant gap, and rough up the plastic where the glue will join the two with some sandpaper.

I actually recommend "super gel" for this as it's as strong as super glue but it stays where you put it. A little dab will do you. As for sanding the edges... I do that 98% of the time... usually with kits and stuff I am assembling. However fixing broken stuff sometimes it's better to not do this. It depends on how clean the break was. If it's a smooth break and when you "hold" the parts together they fit perfect I wouldn't sand as it decreases the seal, as opposed to some sdf-1 main cannons I have repaired where it was played with for a while after it broke so the edges didn't meet as flush so sanding till they did was esential.

once again... a little dab will do you, and don't take the cap off with your teeth.... or at the least never put tha cap back on with your teeth! trust me and don't ask :rolleyes: