Resident Evil Outbreak

I might pick it up tomorrow.......Fry's Electronics has it for $39.99 (or I could go to Best Buy and price match em).

It's too bad RE:O doesn't work with the Sony Headset. At least I'll get more play out of my Network Adapter. Hey Druna Skass.....do you play Madden 2004 or SOCOM II?

You know what sucks, I bought RE: Outbreak and the Network Adapeter and some network cable ($50 + $40 +$18), to find out that my Playstation is no good to play online because it has a mod chip in it, so thankfully I could return the Adapter, but I'm stuck with Outbreak which sucks offline cause your teammates(AI) are stupid.

SO I know Im gonna have to sell it on Electronics Boutique and they only pay like $25-$30 for the game. :angry:

SO I know Im gonna have to sell it on Electronics Boutique and they only pay like $25-$30 for the game. :angry:

:blink: Would you be willing to sell it to a fellow MW'er?

I might pick it up tomorrow.......Fry's Electronics has it for $39.99 (or I could go to Best Buy and price match em).

It's too bad RE:O doesn't work with the Sony Headset. At least I'll get more play out of my Network Adapter. Hey Druna Skass.....do you play Madden 2004 or SOCOM II?

Don't have outbreak yet, but I play madden and Socom II

You know what sucks, I bought RE: Outbreak and the Network Adapeter and some network cable ($50 + $40 +$18), to find out that my Playstation is no good to play online because it has a mod chip in it, so thankfully I could return the Adapter, but I'm stuck with Outbreak which sucks offline cause your teammates(AI) are stupid.

How "new" is your PS2?

If it's a recent model, then it might still work with the mod chip installed.

In the newer models (mine I got just around Christmass), you can disable the mod chip by tapping the reset button 3 times. Of course you'll have to have a NA regioned, or non-backup game to play.

I've never used my PS2 to play online before, so it's free, right? If so then I'll go pick it up and the adapter over the weekend. I'll let you guys know. How many people per team though? :p:D:lol:

SO I know Im gonna have to sell it on Electronics Boutique and they only pay like $25-$30 for the game.  :angry:

How "new" is your PS2?

If it's a recent model, then it might still work with the mod chip installed.

In the newer models (mine I got just around Christmass), you can disable the mod chip by tapping the reset button 3 times. Of course you'll have to have a NA regioned, or non-backup game to play.

I bought my PS2 about a year after they came out, so like November 2001.

When I put the adapter in and tried to configure it, it gave some error and told to call the Customer Srvice number, when I called it said that I get that error because the PS2 had been altered in some way.

I used to be on SOCOM awhile back but I haven't been playing much because of class and I've been too broke to get SOCOM II (I got RE with a gift card someone gave me).

I've never used my PS2 to play online before, so it's free, right? If so then I'll go pick it up and the adapter over the weekend. I'll let you guys know. How many people per team though? :p:D:lol:

Yup it's free, only games that make you pay as far as I know are EverQuest and Final Fantasy XI

Now that is a blast from the past. :lol:

Yup....the only sites that charge for monthly fees are MMORPG's. I hope the next Macross game incorporates a MMORPG DYRL style levels. B))

It's hard for me to get online with my PS2, easy with my 56K backup modem, but when I wanna use my DSL I get a bad connection...sucks for me. I've only played Everquest and Need for Speed online, I never tried it yet with SOCOM II cause I dont like the game.....thank god I bought it used.

I think I might, RENT Resident Evil OB, but I'm not that interested in the games anymore...it's always prequal upon prequal...it gets old....

So is this game worth 50 bucks? How much replaying value is there, considering I heard there were only 5 scenarios and like 8 different characters?

As an offline game no. I rented it this past weekend. ugh the A.I. for your partners is awful. All they do is run into zombies. I don't play online but I could see where RE OB would be fun with other players.

ok people, I just bought this game and the network adapter, so who's still playing this game and how am I suppose to find you all? :p:D:lol:

ok people, I just bought this game and the network adapter, so who's still playing this game and how am I suppose to find you all?  :p  :D  :lol:

Well you can go into the Up-town server and search for someone.

My user name there is James_Earl_Cash.

ok, I'ma try to go on today. Some stuff just came up and can't go on right now. Of course my screen name will be the same as this one. I'll probably try and go on at around 6 or 7. I'll see you there!

:p:D:lol:

Ok, I just got done playing RE: Outbreak online. For those of you who are interested in teaming up, we need to decide on a good time that we all can meet up. There is a chance that even if we all log-in at the same time, we may end up using different servers and unable to meet up together. That being said, I suggest someone pick an empty area (7 or higher for example) and then name a vacant room "Macross World" so the others can find it.

If you wanna look me up, my login is: cffincher

Anyone else have some ideas to help us get this set up?

Edited by Sephiroth

So is this game worth 50 bucks?  How much replaying value is there, considering I heard there were only 5 scenarios and like 8 different characters?

As an offline game no. I rented it this past weekend. ugh the A.I. for your partners is awful. All they do is run into zombies. I don't play online but I could see where RE OB would be fun with other players.

Thanks, I heard the load time is intolerable if you don't have a PS2 HDD. My only concern is if I wait until the price drops there won't be people playing online by then. :ph34r:

Ok, I just got done playing RE: Outbreak online. For those of you who are interested in teaming up, we need to decide on a good time that we all can meet up. There is a chance that even if we all log-in at the same time, we may end up using different servers and unable to meet up together. That being said, I suggest someone pick an empty area (7 or higher for example) and then name a vacant room "Macross World" so the others can find it.

If you wanna look me up, my login is: cffincher

Anyone else have some ideas to help us get this set up?

Well I'll probably be online sometime Monday night, maybe around 9 or 10 pacific time...

ok guys, this is the plan for me. I'll be on for sure like at 5p.m. pacific. I'll check these boards before I go on so I can make sure you guys know about it. Let me know where you guys wanna meet. I also have socom 2 if any of you guys wanna play that instead. Let me know guys! :p:D:lol: