Which Evangelion Toys to get?

I think I want to start collection Eva toys. I don't know much so any help would be great. I think so far the best ones are the SOC right? Any links to some reviews, pictures albums, complete listings...So far I I think I'll order them for TM but a lot aren't instock. Other than ebay any other stores?

If you have the money to spend then I'd recommend Bandai's Soul of Chogokin Evangelion line. They're a bit on the small side, but their construction and large number of accessories more than make up for that.

They even come with their own docking station. B))

post-26-1080702015_thumb.jpg

If you're not that rich, but would like to collect the whole set of EVAs out there, I recommend the ones by Kaiyodo and Art Asylum. They have all the EVAs including the Mass Production EVA Series. I got the whole set and have this big chocolate box worth of extra accesories. You won't know what to do with them and pose them with. You'll probably end up like me, keep changing their poses every week.

:lol:

The SOC Evas are really nice toys. Super poseable and Diecast body.

But they do have some issues, mainly the paintjobs. Some people complains about the Eva 01 metallic finishing (wich I LIKE A LOT) the Red on Asuka´s unit is the worst IMO, diferent shades of color, and... not nice. The blue one is totally nice.

The Kaiydo ones have some Superb paint job, the metallic ones are super nice, but still, those are beautifull PVC figures (I hate cheap PVC), not as poseable as the SOCs.

Still, the Kaiyodos are great pieces to collect and cheaper than SOCs.

Whatever you buy, don't buy the Perfect Grade EVA-01. Its pretty crap for a Perfect Grade. I have it, and its crap. parts break too easily....articulation is very limited, and you have to glue the "grasping" hands on the weapons, which means once you use the grasping hands for the rifle, you can't use it for the swords and the knife anymore.

My Soc 04 looks great with the riot gear of the Kaiydo 04.

Ah.....are they both the same scale? :blink:

The kaiyodos are actually slighly bigger in scale than the SOCs.

Well, I love the Kaiyodos, but the SOCs are the Eva toy that I have longed for. I remember saying to a friend as I built my Bandai LMHG models that I wish that they would release something in that scale/design that was metal and then Bandai does it... I also wished for a larger scale, perfect transformation Optimus Prime... this has been a good year for my wishes coming true. :)

The Soc have great construction and joints in many places. The kaiydo's have great accessories, which is why I buy both and give the weapons to the SOCs. My Soc 04 looks great with the riot gear of the Kaiydo 04.

Hear Hear! That's what I plan to do too! If I could bear to open my 04. :D

Well, I love the Kaiyodos, but the SOCs are the Eva toy that I have longed for. I remember saying to a friend as I built my Bandai LMHG models that I wish that they would release something in that scale/design that was metal and then Bandai does it... I also wished for a larger scale, perfect transformation Optimus Prime... this has been a good year for my wishes coming true. :)

I agree with Max, except the only thing I wish is that the SOC EVAs were bigger. I'd happily pay twice as much for a version of these toys that was around 10" tall.

But you're not going to find any better EVA toy than the SOC. Pretty incredible stuff.

I have a Kayododo Purple Eva - Extra . The box the toy comes rules for me, a pretty nice design and great for display (if you have a lot of space for pose). This figure comes with a shinny metallic paint job and a great sculp. Fully loaded of guns , lots of hands for display, 2 swords, 2 heads and a long tube .......... i love this pvc fugure. If you are a little short of money pick up this one, I bought it a couple o years ago from BBTS. Now you may find this version in EBAY, I dunno.

The chogokin version should rule too, but dissapoints me the fact its shorter than the yaiyodo version !

I dont think PVC means cheap, Yujin has also beatiful sculps for other mecha toys and look cool. :)

i had one typed a long while ago.. here goes from memory. i'll update as ppl correct me:

Bandai SOC

EVA-01 (GX-14)

EVA-01 (GX-14) HK Variant (same as above but with an extra clear plastic base)

EVA-02 (GX-15)

EVA-02 (GX-15) HK Variant (Red Plastic base)

EVA-00 (GX-16)

EVA-00 (GX-16) HK Variant (Blue Plastic base)

EVA-00' (GX-17)

EVA-00' (GX-17) HK Variant (Yellow Plastic base)

EVA-03 (GX-21)

EVA-04 (GX-22)

Kaiyodo

EVA-00

EVA-00 Metallic Paint

EVA-00 Metallic Paint (Launch Tube packaging)

EVA-00 See Thru

EVA-00'

EVA-00' Metallic Paint

EVA-00' Metallic Paint (Launch Tube packaging)

EVA-00' See Thru

EVA-01

EVA-01 Metallic Paint

EVA-01 Metalic Paint (Launch Tube packaging)

EVA-01 See Thru

EVA-01 Deluxe EX

EVA-01 Deluxe EX Metallic Paint

EVA-01 Glow in the Dark Con exclusive ("Adam")

EVA-01 Matsumura Berserker Mode

EVA-01 Japan TrU Exclusive (need more details on this one)

EVA-02

EVA-02 Metallic Paint

EVA-02 Metallic Paint (Launch Tube packaging)

EVA-02 See Thru

EVA-02 End of Evangelion Version

EVA-03

EVA-03 (Launch Tube packaging)

EVA-04

EVA-04 (Launch Tube packaging)

EVA Unit-05 Mass Production Model

EVA Unit-05 ver 2 Mass Production Model (w/mangled up EVA-02)

Asuka

Rei

Rei Variant Paint

Rei Transparent Variant

Sachiel The Third Angel

edit - added eva-03,04 launch tube

Edited by MrDisco

well keep in mind for the kaiyodos that the variant paint jobs are the only difference, the figures are the same. even the see thru figure is the same just.. see thru. the deluxe editions come in a huge box with a ton of extra weapons. the launch tube packages were just re-releases of the figures but in smaller packaging. so the question is do you just want the figure or do you want all the variants.

very comprehensive list, expcet you'd probably want to add that the EVA03 and 04 also has the Japan version, as well as the US tube packaging version.

I love my kaiyodos, but I'm very disturbed by the EVA-01 head sculpt. How suck is the sculpt for it? The alternate berserk head is not too bad, but what's the deal with the other head? It's neither opened nor closed mouth...it looks lame. Sigh!

Liquid[Evil]: GRRR!! You rich *(!@&*(!&@! buy me some SOCS !!!

Edited by wolfx

Liquid[Evil]: GRRR!! You rich *(!@&*(!&@! buy me some SOCS !!!

I'm actually poor. I just have a lot of credit. I guess I'll try to get the best version of each Eva 1st then worry about getting a few of the variants. I don't think I'll be getting all those Kaiyodo variants. The SOCs seem doable tho w/o the variants

Edited by LiQuiD[EViL]

Out of all of the Eva toys I have my favorite thing by far is the whole Kubrick collection. Kubricks are an aquired taste though, so if you're not into their style it's not very likely you'll dig the EVA Kubricks. For me though there is just something wicked-cool about Lilith (complete with lance of Longinus) in Kubrick form. B))

Here's my collection...

post-26-1080790737_thumb.jpg

Hey Mr. Disco do you know where this Kaiyodo Unit 1 belongs? Did they make Unit 0 and 2 Evangelion Extras?

That the EVA01 DX from kaiyodo....uhh....what u mean "where it belongs" ? You already knew.

THey didn' make any extras for Unit 00 and 2. But why would you need any? Just collecting the whole series would leave you with a box full of accesories and weapons than you'd know what to do with.

correct thats the deluxe EX edition (in both regular and metallic paint variants).

i have most of the figures..i'm missing kaiyodo regular red, silver, repaint Rei, and that tru limited edition. from soc i'm missing the new silver and black evas.

the Kubricks i have 1/2 the sets...they're kind of cute i guess. defaintely an acquired taste.