Super VF-1J 1/48 review or opinions?

Qrusader

Just wanted to get some feedback on the 1/48 VF-1J Super, cuz I just dropped close to $200 on one. If someone can point me to a review, that would be cool too. Thanks in advance everyone.

:)

Heh, don't you usually look for reviews BEFORE buying something?

The VF-1J is great!

Probably my favorite one yet. The J style head is amazing, the fast packs are great, pilot figure is wonderful, no flaws whatsoever.

If you like 1/48's there's no reason for you to be disappointed with this one.

Just wanted to get some feedback on the 1/48 VF-1J Super, cuz I just dropped close to $200 on one. If someone can point me to a review, that would be cool too. Thanks in advance everyone.

its awesome, better than all the others,,,,gotta love the "J"

Heh, don't you usually look for reviews BEFORE buying something?

The VF-1J is great!

Probably my favorite one yet.  The J style head is amazing, the fast packs are great, pilot figure is wonderful, no flaws whatsoever.

If you like 1/48's there's no reason for you to be disappointed with this one.

iamwithstupid.gif

:lol:

The only thing I noticed on my 1J was a slightly looser air brake than on my previous 1/48s; it tends to flop open in battroid mode. Other than that...a real beauty. You will be very pleased with it.

And don't forget, the pilot sculpt is on par with the Low Vis (gummy PVC, I think, with a sculpt superior to the original DYRL ones), and the TV style hands rock!

Edited by mechaninac

[Heh, don't you usually look for reviews BEFORE buying something?]

That's pretty funny, man. :D

I had faith. I have 4 low viz with armor, and they are simply perfect.

I have the 1st gen VF-1A Hikaru and the Super 1J. Stuff I've noticed on the 1J :

- loose neck joint, easier to turn

- nosecone knobs(?) are there

- loose air brake

- posable hands are floppy

- one of the hip joints are loose

- pilot figure is rubbery and has a control stick

Overall, the joints are not as tight(still tight though and can hold a pose) as my early release Hikaru 1A.

Grrrrrr... 

sorry... I get all envious when I hear people have multiple low vizs when I got none... it's my fault.... but the fact saddens me...

OFF TOPIC! MY BAD!

I hear ya Nani, but have faith and be diligent on eBay. You may find a LV yet for a reasonable price. Good luck to you.

I hear ya Nani, but have faith and be diligent on eBay. You may find a LV yet for a reasonable price. Good luck to you.

Appreciate the cheer up.

but faith on Ebay? :blink:

I dunno... I actually follow every low vis auction that goes on ebay and I've yet to see any sold below $250. :(

crummy really... I didn't collect 1/48's because of their price when the low vis came out and was selling for $120... now that I bought my first 1/48, (vf 1s) I keep hitting myself whenever I go to ebay and HOPE I can get one for $180ish shipped.... (which is impossible.)

I have more faith that yamato might, in the slightest electron sized chance, re-release it. (HA!)

I received my Super-J today and I am very pleased with the overall build quality. I also am stoked the the super pack is included rather than having to purchase a seperate add on. The box is huge and the box art is fantastic and I am glad to be collecting again. I hope Yamato considers a 1/48 VE-1 and Super-O! :rolleyes:

i got mien form kevin too. Awsome toy. the a fast packs are on my skull 1. LONG LIVe skull 1!!!

I just picked up mine from Neova a couple of days ago. Wonderful sculpt with most of the kinks worked out, I picked it up just for the chance that Yamato will release a 1/48 GBP Armor. ;)