I'm looking at the box of the Yamato 1/48's.

UN Spacy

I also grabbed Takara's Masterpiece Convoy and Binaltech Smokescreen.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the label (it's in Japanese) says Ages 15 and up.

Is this common with toys released overseas? I doubt a 1st or 2nd grader could transform a 1:48 Valkyrie without doing some permanent damage. :blink:

Does this mean they have Playskool Valkyries for toddlers? ;)

I think most other countries have less harsh oversight by the Govt. (Correct me if I am wrong).

For example, if a little kid (7-10) decide to poke his eye out with sharp object (Sword, spear) that was included with a toy. In the State, you have the parent suing the manufacturer and govt. for not doing enough of warning about potential hazard. Hence, Govt. gets a hit with liability. The parent becomes rich, end of that.

Where as, in other countries, if the parent was not responsible enough to supervise the kid, the parent has to explain to the child, why he was hart.

I am making this short as possible; I am not trying to make joke out of this scenario in any way. When a little kid looses sight or even become traumatize by the incident, it really gets me.

Another reason is that most countries think toys are toys (Unless it is specifically intended for adults). Meaning, toys should be available to anyone that is capable of handling it. (I think 7 or above is in that category)

Everybody knows that a Japanese 7 year old is smarter than an American high school graduate. :p

ouch. still its unfair to make that joke since both school systems are very differnt.

think its possible for a 7 year old to hold the box without dropping it? they are very bulky.

Everybody knows that a Japanese 7 year old is smarter than an American high school graduate. :p

Too true. Most of the guys in my High School English class could read as well as a retarded goldfish. :o The class would crawl by when it came to reading out loud... :(

edit: I want a kaba-kick toy! ;) I would have loved that as a kid! And my parents taught me not to stab myself or other people with toys. It would seem most American kids don't get taught such rudimentary things today... :rolleyes:

Edited by Sumdumgai

in all honesty with the right amoutn of common sense ancd car enad with a strict parent, a kid could transform the 1/48 wirthout breaking it. IT flows real well when transitioning into differnt modes. Thje limitsis being puished though. Now alternator or binaltech smokescreen...christ...took me 7 minutes. ONly took me 1 minute to take on ther 1/48 WOUT lookin at instructions.

YOu gotta be pretty darn selective to which 7 yr. old you would let handle your 1/48. I have a nephew that's 8 that plays with my valk. But he would be the only one that I trust, even before a few of my friends who are my age. You just have to make sure they appreciate the toy as much as you do.

No offense to my fellow americans, but I actually prefer how they do it overseas by putting more responsibility in the hands of the parents. Let's face it, if your kid is ignorant enough (at the age of 7+) to mutilate himself with his own damn toys, you've obviously missed something.

By the same token, even at that age (back when people were still allowed to play with lawn-darts, and we did!), I never wanted to injure myself with my own toys. I'd say I take about as big a risk now hurting myself with my toys as I did at that age, and I never once hurt myself.

(btw, if you didn't get to play with lawn-darts *also known as "jarts"* you weren't a true child of the late 70's-early 80's!)

Edited by Skull Leader

Hold on a sec though, I'm giving my 1 year old nephew a jello popper so he'll shut up...

okay... Wow... I'm hurt. right after I finish suing mc donalds for making me fat, I'm planing on suing american express for making me go into debt and then buddy, I'm coming after you for forcing me to read your offensive post!

Not to mention yamato for making me buy their toys!!!

lol careful! You'll give someone the idea.... and I'm sure somebody SOMEWHERE will/has attempted such a thing...

.... ahh yes, such is the vast stupidity of some of our natives. Our genepool DESPARATELY needs to be thinned out some... where's that damned Zentran fleet when you need it!?!?