I, Robot trailer

This really should be a lesson to all not to jump the gun and bash something you haven't seen or already form negative opinions right from the start. I don't understand why people still do that when you can simply stay neutral and wait to form an opinion after seeing it.

This is MacrossWorld, that's why :p

It just wouldn't be the same place if everyone were nice, polite, courtious, and didn't judge books (or movies) by first impressions :)

hmmm...

true...

in defense, I would just like to say that the movie trailers and promos never attempted to portray the movie as being more than a terminator clone while the book was a series of short stories that looked at various ways people related to evolving individual sentient androids... it's not difficult to understand why fans of the book would be put off by the movie...

This really should be a lesson to all not to jump the gun and bash something you haven't seen  or already form negative opinions right from the start.  I don't understand why people still do that when you can simply stay neutral and wait to form an opinion after seeing it.

It just wouldn't be the same place if everyone were nice, polite, courtious, and didn't judge books (or movies) by first impressions :)

Also, it is not very often that Hollywood uses SF concepts/stories to their right values then it is a bit normal if people becomes 'circumspect' :)

And honnestly I'm a bit tired to give my money to people who usually don't use it in a respectfull way: this doesn't encourage them into making 'quality' productions, it's the exact contrary in fact... <_<

This really should be a lesson to all not to jump the gun and bash something you haven't seen  or already form negative opinions right from the start.  I don't understand why people still do that when you can simply stay neutral and wait to form an opinion after seeing it.

Well after Dune and Starship Troopers gave us so much faith in hollywood to adapt sci-fi classics, i wonder why people would doubt the ability to do a nice send up of one. :rolleyes:

i liked this movie, but i still think they should have called it something different. like ROBOT SOLID SNAKE!!! :lol::p

As opposed to, say, the bastion of open mindedness that is RT.com??

You guys seriously liked this movie? Guh...no wonder Hollywood continues to produce so much crap. I'll see you guys in like for Van Helsing 2: Van Harder. <_<

dude... that's HARSH.. i robot was okay, it was nowhere near the craptacularness of van helsing.

maybe if the robot stared off into space and wondered what the sea looked like...

:p

• 3 weeks later...