S.H.E VF-11 TRANSFORMABLE RESIN KIT

柿崎速雄

Wow, do I want that kit...I love all of SHE's stuff! Anyway, I've actually built their YF-19, and while it is very different from any other kit I've built, it was much easier than I thought. My advice to you, which is quite important, is to get the exact correct drill bit sizes for what you need. It's best to have a small hand held pin vice type drill...but I can't tell you where would be the best place to find it HK :D The drilling can be a bit of pain and so can having the wrong size bit (speaking from experience here), but the final result will definitly be worth it.

Jarrod

Wow, do I want that kit...I love all of SHE's stuff! Anyway, I've actually built their YF-19, and while it is very different from any other kit I've built, it was much easier than I thought. My advice to you, which is quite important, is to get the exact correct drill bit sizes for what you need. It's best to have a small hand held pin vice type drill...but I can't tell you where would be the best place to find it HK :D The drilling can be a bit of pain and so can having the wrong size bit (speaking from experience here), but the final result will definitly be worth it.

Jarrod

thankyou very much, i will remember what you say~!

Nani??? No hardpoint for the gunpod? :blink:

Hey, someone was gonna nitpick about it sooner or later. :lol:^_^'''

Hayao, you gonna make it a Mac+ -11 or a Mac7 CF -11?

Oh, were you also able to find the FAST Packs for it?

I think the fp is no hope.

because the fp is limited product , only produce 100 piece.

and about the paint design, I also want to heart other's opinions.

I love Mac+ more than M7, so I think I will prefer M+ more than M7.

but, is this a good idea to paint in the classic Macross VF color scheme?

such as skull leader.

by the way, I think the skull leader are

still in the VF squadron at M+ or M7 history.

how do you think? :)

and more about this kit I want to talk about.

the gunpod can't attach on in the fighter mode,

and no landing gear.....I think reason is the transformation design

of the foot part, make no room to fit the landing gear in it.

do someone customize about it before?

anyway, I must buy a display stand for it.

Just because I'm not a fan of low-visability paint-schemes, I obviously prefer the lighter colors of the M7 VF-11C, although the dark grey of the M+ 11B isn't too bad.

Given as rare as the VF-11 SHE kit is, I'm not surprised that Fast Packs would be as hard to come by as they are.

VF-11's were never featured in skull squadron colors, but the Blackaces paintscheme (seen in Macross VF-X2 game) comes pretty close

I agree with Jarrod on the recommendation to use a pin vise. The resin is soft and easy to drill by hand. The use of a powerdrill, screw gun or rotary tool is too risky.

Using the correct bit is important too. A bit that is too large will result in a loose joint. A bit that is too small could result in cracked resin when you put the screw in. I think some of joints may require counter sinking. The easiest way to do this is to drill the small hole first then follow with the larger hold. This results in precise alignment.

This kit probably requires a poly cap joint set for completion (most of the SHE kits do).

Be sure to study the diagrams before you start the assembly. Some of the steps can be tricky and you don't want to dissassemble it too much since the screws will get loose.

Just because I'm not a fan of low-visability paint-schemes, I obviously prefer the lighter colors of the M7 VF-11C, although the dark grey of the M+ 11B isn't too bad.

Given as rare as the VF-11 SHE kit is, I'm not surprised that Fast Packs would be as hard to come by as they are.

VF-11's were never featured in skull squadron colors, but the Blackaces paintscheme (seen in Macross VF-X2 game) comes pretty close

I know official have no skull squadron color VF-11,

just a mix & match,

what I think is , if the skull squadron are still continue in the macross history,

so there must have a VF-11 in skull squadron.

VF-11 mix with S.S. color , how do you think?

• 1 year later...

bump a old thread. any progress on this kit? i have been wanting to get it for awhile

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Sigh...why oh why don't they make toys like these. :(

Because they keep adding landing gear and the mechanisms to make them retractable.(had yamato not added landing gear at all to their 1/72 VF-11, it very well could have had the big tailfins). In fact that was the reason short fins had to be used, to make sure there was enough room for the landing gear to retract <_<

Swap gear rules yamato!!!! Retractable only works on 1/48 and higher!

Sigh...why oh why don't they make toys like these.  :(

Because they keep adding landing gear and the mechanisms to make them retractable.(had yamato not added landing gear at all to their 1/72 VF-11, it very well could have had the big tailfins). In fact that was the reason short fins had to be used, to make sure there was enough room for the landing gear to retract <_<

Swap gear rules yamato!!!! Retractable only works on 1/48 and higher!

The sad thing its the the yamato vf-0 had swappable landing gears but no transformation mechanism...