Here it is, my VF-0

Ancalagon

very well done!

why VF-1 don't have a tail hook??

I saw a 3D CG pic shows it have 2 hooks! I don't think it's an official design, what do you all think?

very well done!

I saw a 3D CG pic shows it have 2 hooks! I don't think it's an official design, what do you all think?

The pic you saw may have used the old HCM valks as a reference. HCMs have one hook that swings out from each rear wheel bay.

Back on subject, that VF-0 doesn't look half bad! Which technique did you use for the panel lines, Ancalagon?

very well done!

First:

I like your VF-0 a lot Ancalagon !! I hope mine arrives this week and can build it as well as yours (I will follow wmcheng step by step what is an big advantage)!! Now your Macross models collection is even more complete!!! (I wonder if its the completest among MW members)

Second: sorry for this digression Ancalagon, just want to clarify what Valkyrie Hunter D seems to (wrongly) imply in his answer:

The pic of the VF-1 with the 2 hooks is official since it could be find in one of the most detailed Macross (official) books: TIAS Macross Plus. It is in the Variable Fighter's Aeroreport which was compiled under the supervision of S. Kawamori (as is written on the cover of the book!) Need something even more official than that???? ;)

Here you are (from Egan Loo's Macross Compendium, of course):

LANDING GEAR: Retractable tricycle undercarriage. Two steerable nosewheels retract rearward into nose and twin coupled mainwheels inward into fuselage. Two arresting hooks mounted underfuselage on engine nacelles.

So: it doesn't matter if it was some toy feature or not, the 2 arresting hooks is an official part of the VF-1.

For more official info on the VF-1 check the Compendium entry (what is ever a good thing to do before posting to avoid wrong information to spread):

Macross Compendium entry on VF-1

EDIT: forgot the pic!!!

post-3-1078929552_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gerwalker

Back on subject, that VF-0 doesn't look half bad! Which technique did you use for the panel lines, Ancalagon?

a wash with dark grey oil color.

Now your Macross models collection is even more complete!!! (I wonder if its the completest among MW members)

I now have 13 complete hase kits and 15 unbuilt hase kits, I think I need a bigger apartment.

My next project is the VF-19A ravens.