WHEEEE! Samurai Jack on DVD!

Awesome, I've been waiting for Samurai Jack to come to DVD.

13 eps for $30 isn't a bad price at all, but there's something about this show that puts me to sleep everytime. The repetitive sequences, the repeated sound effects and the pauses just add up to a big snore fest for me.

BTW, if you want to check a far grittier version of this story, track down an old trade of Frank Miller's RONIN. Classic Miller stuff.

I can never watch more than 10 seconds of that show.  The character designs look like cheap crap.

So true, the story sucks too... I hate all of that guy Tartakovsky (spell?) works, way too crappy....

Later

For me, the animation doesn't really have to be top notch all the time. The simpilicity of the animation is fine with me. I really dug Dexter's Lab for a while. There were also a few pop culture references in those episodes. Besides, don't some of you secretly wish to have a lab or hangar someplace with transformable mecha?

:)

I am ashamed to admit to watching the Powerpuff girls once or twice. The animation is simple there too, but there was one epsiode that was very entertaining. The dialogue throughout the episode was based on lyrics by the Beatles. Mojo Jojo took a girlfriend who was patterned after Yoko Ono. It was very clever. There were several references to things that Yoko and Lennon did (such as the interview in bed).

I guess maybe I'm not sophisticated as some here, but I just like to be entertained and don't really need a huge all encompassing story or deep character designs. I hope someday that we'll see Jack defeat Aku. I look forward to how the conflict gets resolved.

:)

But like WDC says, $30 for a 13 episode DVD is pretty damn good.