VA-3 Invader

The basic VA-3 wasnt ever in anything as far as i know, the VA-3C civllian version showed up in Macross 7 Dynamite and the VA-3M marine (water) version was in Digital Mission VF-X 2

i like the design, especially the Gun Pod. looks like the A-10's gun. did this one ever make an appearance in the series?

VA-3C Customs can be seen in Macross Dynamite 7 and the VA-3M is seen in the Macross VF-X 2 PS game.

Nanashi,

Thanks for this new info. Very interesting.

The lack of afterburners is really strange (considering all the thermonuclear engine discussions and so...) I can't figure out how that amorphous thing could go supersonic. IMHO It's shape is really bulky and not very supersonic...

What I like a lot is the likeness between battroid mode and what is called in your translation as Zjentohlauedy tactical pod. Is that the Zentradi general-issue powered suit (a.k.a. Nousjadeul-Ger)??

Nanashi,

The lack of afterburners is really strange (considering all the thermonuclear engine discussions and so...) I can't figure out how that amorphous thing could go supersonic. IMHO  It's shape is really bulky and not very supersonic...

What I like a lot is the likeness between battroid mode and what is called in your translation as Zjentohlauedy tactical pod. Is that the Zentradi general-issue powered suit (a.k.a. Nousjadeul-Ger)??

The TIAS MP text says Zjentohlaeudy Tactical Pod specifically. Now if you read the Quel-Quallie text in the Perfect Memory (See here: http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...l-quallie.html)

it states that the Zjentohlauedy designation formula dictates all mecha that do not possess a fold system are classified as pods-- so the powered suits would be considered a pod as well.

Edited by Nanashi

Nanashi,

The lack of afterburners is really strange (considering all the thermonuclear engine discussions and so...) I can't figure out how that amorphous thing could go supersonic. IMHO  It's shape is really bulky and not very supersonic...

The TIAS MP text says Zjentohlaeudy Tactical Pod specifically. Now if you read the Quel-Quallie text in the Perfect Memory (See here: http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...l-quallie.html)

it states that the Zjentohlauedy designation formula dictates all mecha that do not possess a fold system are classified as pods-- so the powered suits would be considered a pod as well.

Thanks! So everything without folding system is a pod. That could be OK as a generic rule but not to mention any specific pod. As tactical pod could be almost any Zentradi mecha there should be other indication of the type (as for instance the Regult Tactical Pod):

Nanashi's Regult page

So, it is a Nousjadeul-Ger Tactical Pod what the VA-3 resembles? Isn't it?

Makes me want to pull out my unbuilt Revell 1/48th A-6, and see how hard of a conversion it'd be...

It should be as easy as converting a F-14 to a VF-1...

Before Hasegawa brings us the YF-21 I spent a lot of my free time trying to figure out how to convert a YF-23 into Guld's valk... they look very similar but the differences are too big too.

Makes me want to pull out my unbuilt Revell 1/48th A-6, and see how hard of a conversion it'd be...

It should be as easy as converting a F-14 to a VF-1...

Before Hasegawa brings us the YF-21 I spent a lot of my free time trying to figure out how to convert a YF-23 into Guld's valk... they look very similar but the differences are too big too.

the problem with F-14s is that they are not proportionally the same as teh VF. the F-14 is too long.. but by itself no one would probably notice ;)

Nanashi,

Thanks! So everything without folding system is a pod. That could be OK as a generic rule but not to mention any specific pod. As tactical pod could be almost any Zentradi mecha there should be other indication of the type (as for instance the Regult Tactical Pod):

Nanashi's Regult page

So, it is a Nousjadeul-Ger Tactical Pod what the VA-3 resembles? Isn't it?

The Battroid mode of the VA-3 Invader has likeness to the Nousjadeul-Ger powered suit (a type of tactical pod).

I was wondering if anyone here has an idea or knows what the VA-3C Custom's Morris Pair (?) storage tank/divert-er/ing expansion pod refers to? I don't think its just a fuel tank-perhaps it is like a recee storage pod (pilot's personal belongings)? or a coolant tank? Or perhaps something else. Discussion?

Edited by Nanashi

It would be easy to write that off as a personal storage unit... but so far away from the cockpit?? The fact that it's externally/pylon mounted makes me question. Still, I don't see what else it could be. I suppose it could serve as an external drop tank for extra fuel/reaction mass. Maybe it could contain some of that goo that the Zolan defense forces used in their guns? The only other thing I could think of is that it would hold extra gunpod ammo.

Sorry WJ, I'm pretty stumped on this one. :rolleyes::unsure:B))

Edited by Skull Leader

FAS showed nothing, neither did my aircraft encyclopedia.

Considering it's use in M7:tGiCM, this link popping up in a search was amusing to me.

http://www.artofthemix.org/FindAMix/getcon...?strMixID=22245

The VA-3C Custom is in Macross Dynamite 7 OVAs, not the Macross 7 movie.

If it had a rapid-fire weapon of some sort (besides a harpoon gun), it could serve as a coolant tank for heat diversion I suppose, but that would be an awfully large tank for such a job. I'll grant that it's possible, but it seems highly unlikely. Coolant for heat exchange in the engines would also be possible, but again; unlikely. Still no concrete idea here.