Yamato Destroid Monster

M1dKN19hTRydaH

I never get tired of looking at the Koenig. That is what Yamato should make. I just don't think a super expensive, huge, regular Monster is going to sell. If they made the Koenig as big as the 1/48 VF-1 and had the price $150 or less, then that would be a winner IMHO. I think a lot of people are like me, suckers for bad ass transformers.

Sorry but, where was the Koenig used in again?

I would say though the koenig's a much more advanced design,

it isn't as "famous" as the regular monster

I would say you'd sell more 1/60 monsters than 1/144 koenigs

*a big non-transforming monster fan - not everything needs 3 modes just to be cool

I wouldn't get my hopes up, since the pre-orders for the *first* batch never went through. I think it has something to do with Seichi not having enough time to devote to the project...although don't hold me to that...

I have to interject here on Seiichi's behalf. The reason these recasts were not completed is not Seiichi's fault. He did everything he could to help ease this project along & still to this day feels very badly about not getting this project completed.

The real reason this batch of recast orders didn't get made is because Mr. Sakuragawa of IHP has been overloaded on other projects. Especaially now, since Yamato has hired him to do projects for them; so you are still seeing his work in sense. As far as the Konig Monster goes, we most likely will not see any new recasts for some time to come.

Most unfortunate for us here that did order, but think of all the new Yamato stuff still coming out that Mr. Sakuragawa is involved in.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few." :mellow:

I wouldn't get my hopes up, since the pre-orders for the *first* batch never went through.  I think it has something to do with Seichi not having enough time to devote to the project...although don't hold me to that...

I have to interject here on Seiichi's behalf. The reason these recasts were not completed is not Seiichi's fault. He did everything he could to help ease this project along & still to this day feels very badly about not getting this project completed.

The real reason this batch of recast orders didn't get made is because Mr. Sakuragawa of IHP has been overloaded on other projects. Especaially now, since Yamato has hired him to do projects for them; so you are still seeing his work in sense. As far as the Konig Monster goes, we most likely will not see any new recasts for some time to come.

Most unfortunate for us here that did order, but think of all the new Yamato stuff still coming out that Mr. Sakuragawa is involved in.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few." :mellow:

Thanks for clearing that up xstoys! I was afraid I didn't have the correct story. Very glad that that Yamato has Mr. Sakuragawa on staff though! Any news as to what items he is working on? :)

...and I still can't help hoping that we do eventually see some re-casts of the VB-6 Koenig! You never know! :)

And can you confirm whether or not some of the kits were made? And if so, do you have any idea how many are floating around out there?

Thanks,

Melissa

Any news as to what items he is working on?  :)

And can you confirm whether or not some of the kits were made?  And if so, do you have any idea how many are floating around out there?

I believe Mr. Sakuragawa is working on the new & improved YF-19 we will see in future release.

And regarding the IHP Konig Monster ... I know several were made for Wonderfest some yeas ago, but I cannot confirm how many.

Usually, WF licenses are extremely limited. Companies that produce kits for WF are limited to only making limited quantities averaging between 10-20 pcs. and can only sell them the day of the show. Sometimes you see the same kit sell the year after, but still only in limited qty. That's why these kit are so rare & expensive.

Edited by xstoys

I never get tired of looking at the Koenig.  That is what Yamato should make.  I just don't think a super expensive, huge, regular Monster is going to sell.  If they made the Koenig as big as the 1/48 VF-1 and had the price $150 or less, then that would be a winner IMHO.  I think a lot of people are like me, suckers for bad ass transformers.

Sorry but, where was the Koenig used in again?

I would say though the koenig's a much more advanced design,

it isn't as "famous" as the regular monster

I would say you'd sell more 1/60 monsters than 1/144 koenigs

*a big non-transforming monster fan - not everything needs 3 modes just to be cool

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it was in the VFX2 video game. I don't know if the original Monster is all that famous, not like the valkyries that is, but I know that Koenig always gets a strong response everytime those pictures are posted.

You are right in that not everything needs to transform to be cool, but it sure helps. A Subaru or a Viper toy car is cool, but a transforming version is way better. Plane models look good, too, but we all love the valkryies. I detect a pattern.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it was in the VFX2 video game. I don't know if the original Monster is all that famous, not like the valkyries that is, but I know that Koenig always gets a strong response everytime those pictures are posted.

Well I was somewhat sarcastic about that

I know it's from the videogame, but I don't know where to get it, what console it on

or ever seen a screenshot of it

I do think the Koenig is a cool design, but somehow it's designphilosofy is ...ehrm

not understandable (is that a word?)

understanding the valkyries 3-mode diversity is easy

I see a reason for selfpropelled artillery to be deployed with speed

but I don't see why it has to make use of hand-to-hand combat

A variable bomber doesn't intend hand to hand combat. Attack patterns and capabilities are different depending on what mode you are in, just like a normal variable fighter.

The rail cannons can only be used in gerwalk (the barrels are attached to the propulsion system in shuttle mode), in Battroid it could John Woo reaction missles at targets in space. In Battroid on the ground it would have very large range/degree of fire. In shuttle mode it could make an impressive bombing run. A variable bomber could be quite useful. Especially when accompanied by VF-11's or -19's as part of an attack campaign.

Edited by Anubis

:o If the designer of that kit is working for Yamato now and realy felt bad about the whole order thingy than i think we should send him a message with a patition or something to tell yamato that the fans would like very much to see them add this one to thier line up after all they put the game versino of the VF-19a in and i am not a huge fan of the monsters but i would deffinatly order atleast two of those if yamato was to produce them that looks sick.

I want one!!!!! B))

:o If the designer of that kit is working for Yamato now ... i think we should send him a message with a patition or something to tell yamato that the fans would like very much to see them add this one to thier line up after all they put the game versino of the VF-19a in and... i would deffinatly order atleast two of those if yamato was to produce them that looks sick.

I want one!!!!! B))

I would too if they could keep or up the details and make it 1/72 or 1/60 scale at least. Cost would be more than a Super Valkyrie though.

I know it's from the videogame, but I don't know where to get it, what console it on

VF-X2 was a sequel to VF-X and can only be found in Japan for PS2. I never played either one and heard that neither were all that great. If you want to play it, you will have to get an all region PS2 or mod a PS2.

VF-X2 was a sequel to VF-X and can only be found in Japan for PS2. I never played either one and heard that neither were all that great. If you want to play it, you will have to get an all region PS2 or mod a PS2.

I didn't know it existed for PS2, I have mine for playstation.

I remember back when they were planning to release it in the US... Then it got the axe. :angry:

It kicks ass, beats the hell out of the first game, which was a POS. I only wish that they had included the VF-4 in VFX2... :(