TV series and DYRL

pfunk

Music isn't a powerful super weapon in 7 either, its the emotions of the singer that causes the effect, not the songs themselves.

As for the "Atlantis" reference, it's not that much bigger of a stretch than what was already presented in the TV series. We know the Protoculture visited Earth, why would it be so hard to believe they left something behind? Hell, Zero may still elaborate on that a bit (even if it does just turn out to be the AFOS that was left, maybe we'll get a flashback of the Protoculture themselves).

Its the "Pearl Harbor" of Space War 1.

But Pearl Harbor was garbage (..the movie not the actual event). I'd rather say that it's more akin to Saving Private Ryan. Ah.....that feels a lot better.

Well. Now that I think about it Pearl Harbor DID have a love triangle. D'oh. :blink:

I gotta start watching Zero, sounds really cool......

I think I would agree with most of the statements out thier as who knows whos right, I can see everyones point of view and they all make sence. i would recon to say, like said :huh: The writing of the story takes place in 2040 and its through a different perspective then the original cast. Most of the outcomes are the same and somethings may very well be urban legend, after all the earth and whats left of its inhabitence went through some trying times and Im sure folk lore came into play as this was probably writen buy a civilian,,,,,just an educated guess :rolleyes:

But Pearl Harbor was garbage (..the movie not the actual event). I'd rather say that it's more akin to Saving Private Ryan. Ah.....that feels a lot better.

Well. Now that I think about it Pearl Harbor DID have a love triangle. D'oh. :blink:

hoooyaaa! Saving Private Ryan... the only movie that has ever had me so "Awe"d that for the first 20 minutes I didn't move... I barely blinked through the whole landing scene.

There need to be more "realistic" sequences in movies like that.. not the Love story BS like what they did to the movie Pearl Harbor. I think they killed the effect the movie could of had, with Ben Aff'liction as "eye candy" to attract women to see the movie... made a real event into another "Titanic movie cinematic disapointment"... but of course this is all IMO

Well. Now that I think about it Pearl Harbor DID have a love triangle. D'oh.  :blink:

My point exactly. :lol: Besides, as a 'historical" film within the Macross universe, DYRL is severely lacking.

Thats why the whole story within a story thing is just stupid... One more reason to hate M7.

Pearl Harbor was a rip off too. There was a series in the 90's called Homefront that had the same love triangle and it copied scenes from there too. <_< The only shot worth watching was shown over and over in the trailer, which was the bomb dropping.