Ropefish's Workbench

R0P3-F15H

I didn't like how close and how thin the wing Pylons the DX YF-19 and how i couldn't make specific combos with them due to the height, so i printed my own. pictured below are the V1 and V2, working on new mounts for the thinner missiles ( the Arcadia design is neat! )

V1 Pylons, these had a few issues but where a good first pass.... i had a few iterations later were they spaced either mount so the missiles didn't knock into each other. but the connecting top didn't fit right for my taste, so i went back and re-did them into the V2
BF53ABFC-78EB-4E40-BAE1-FE9B472902F9.jpeg.d3b43ecba1276f23c123e617d251ca1f.jpegC5D38FFE-468B-4034-909B-378712D75751.jpeg.edf8d01dae7be959c620b3ef30ae6a22.jpeg

V2. Thicker base, more enjoyable proportions. Yet to print these as the first batch i had to tweak! Might make some versions to hold x3 armaments.
bcbe77069c6a63d31730969c1d934a49.png

Edited by R0P3-F15H
Changed name to better reflect my random 3D printing projects

Nice work!  Glad you got the proportions and measurements down so they work.  I am a little surprised it's strong enough when printed that direction though, since I would think the layers would make the tabs much more likely to snap off.

I've had half a mind to print some more realistic pylons based on something like the F-18 for a while, but hadn't gotten the motivation.  Are you planning on selling these through somewhere like Shapeways, or just sharing the files when you're happy with them?

The most annoying part for me with many of Bandai's weapons mounts is their inability to do a 5 minute google search to look for photos of how actual weapons mount to pylons.  Those AMRAAM look-alikes would fit much better if they had the pylon attachment at the 45-degree point, making the fins into an X instead of a +.

19 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Nice work!  Glad you got the proportions and measurements down so they work.  I am a little surprised it's strong enough when printed that direction though, since I would think the layers would make the tabs much more likely to snap off.

I've had half a mind to print some more realistic pylons based on something like the F-18 for a while, but hadn't gotten the motivation.  Are you planning on selling these through somewhere like Shapeways, or just sharing the files when you're happy with them?

The most annoying part for me with many of Bandai's weapons mounts is their inability to do a 5 minute google search to look for photos of how actual weapons mount to pylons.  Those AMRAAM look-alikes would fit much better if they had the pylon attachment at the 45-degree point, making the fins into an X instead of a +.

it took a lot of tweaking, but they pretty much friction fit into the slots. ive been debating printing them the other direction actually, but im still working out proportions a bit. I actually had the idea to do them in a X! which would require printing in a different direction anyways.

If folk get interested ill toss them on both shapeways and thingiverse/printables once im happy with an end result.

Test prints have come out great! tweaking a few more small things, need to print the double mount still but the fit pretty firm.  Printing vertical ends up being better but does result in the sharper angles loosing visual clarity, the quad mount is probably best printer this way however and you can see ive simplified it a lot to not be hampered by this.
IMG_1369.jpg
IMG_1368.jpg
IMG_1367.jpg

• R0P3-F15H changed the title to Bandai DX YF-19 Wing Pylons + Stand?
35 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Don't suppose you'd be willing to share the files?

That looks great, and much lower profile than the default Bandai stand.

Im actually planning on selling the STL files, i don't know /when/ ill post them as im still tweaking the design! ive already made a whole new version of the base, and added in a bolt for the banking connector, and i need to get my hands on a DX VF-1 to make adapters for that as well, along with connections for the Arcadia adapters.... maybe a NUNS base if i get around to it.

Got a few more mounts to share, testing sizing on the dual mounts and can’t tell if I like them close to the wings or not…  they do see a a touch to close! I’d be running more tests but been trying out some different stand arm options for the display base! Including the low profile arm when I package up the STL’s

75F06302-D2A0-41C1-86DB-59E9F45A623F.jpeg

CAFF29F6-1758-4D01-9450-0B7263A874C2.jpeg

• R0P3-F15H changed the title to Bandai DX YF-19 Wing Pylons + DX Stand

Finished the fancier stand arm, it can support a Valk in fighter or Gerwalk yet to test Battroid but this stand was always intended to display the after mentioned two modes! Will get the STLs in a File Today to share. Might need to do a shapeways thing to. Unfortunately, if i was to put this on shapeways it would cost over 100USD and that does not seem fair to me in the slightest, I will look to see what i can do on commission work for those without printers who might want one.

https://cults3d.com/en/users/Ropefish/3d-models

6FA74261-8FC4-469F-AA51-D9F58BFBB9DE.jpeg

441605AC-4949-4ED3-85DF-A9C3FACB9CCF.jpeg

Edited by R0P3-F15H

Finally finished up the wing pylons! Work pretty good and haven’t had issues with them breaking but I still take them off super careful. 

id like to make a version for the Arcadia YF-19 but the mounting is different and I don’t have a copy to take measurements for 

link

6BB99CD1-34EA-47F6-B927-07E972A93F94.jpeg

On 8/20/2023 at 9:42 PM, R0P3-F15H said:

Finally finished up the wing pylons! Work pretty good and haven’t had issues with them breaking but I still take them off super careful. 

id like to make a version for the Arcadia YF-19 but the mounting is different and I don’t have a copy to take measurements for 

link

6BB99CD1-34EA-47F6-B927-07E972A93F94.jpeg

that looks really great. amazing job

• 2 weeks later...

well it took a while but i finally got around to printing the clear stand, learned a lot and ended up making an Arcadia adapter. i might stick to trying to make them in just opaque instead of truly clear as it just takes to much time and to much material. even meeting half way its not fully clear either! what can you do?

image.jpeg.fb3059a30246d793ede01b0a98fc1a61.jpeg
image.jpeg.90781013c7a7bec7309e6a5688922158.jpeg

• R0P3-F15H changed the title to Ropefish's Workbench

image.jpeg.dd144b8a2c3c35c18a37c858f62bb3ca.jpeg

small update, the left print is done with 15% infil as compared to the rights 100%! looks kinda neat actually!

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

Your work looks great, good job ! And I'm sure most here would be willing to support your efforts and show off your work amongst their collections 👍🏼

Id hope so! i intended to put them on shapeways but they'd cost far more then i think folk would wanna pay ( over 140-ish USD ) but i am thinking of putting the missile mounts there? Either way, no idea how to go about actually selling the stands myself.