The GTC Legacy Project

Shawn

4 hours ago, Ranger565 said:

Man, their shipping is out of hand. It’s not worth it. Added 3 small kits to my cart. Price was $36.00. Shipping was $40.

total weight of package was prob 1.5 lbs. 

Did you try to ask the size of the box in total? I checked USPS and assuming that they're using USPS, here are the example of cost from New York shipped to California using USPS price calculator.

Their Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box - 12 1/4" (L) x 12" (W) x 6" (H) is $24.75

Using calculate price based on Shape and Size (1.5lbs)

16" (L) x 12" (W) x 10" (H) is $60.65

14" (L) x 8" (W) x 12" (H) is $18.05

I guess your box size is somewhere in the middle.

I'm pretty sure the items are already cheap enough and accessible stateside at this point. Buy that outside the country, I'm pretty sure you're going to spend the same or more depends on the shipping cost. Follow what your heart desire. :good: 

Just my 2 cents. ;) 

On 2/13/2024 at 10:04 PM, no3Ljm said:

Did you try to ask the size of the box in total? I checked USPS and assuming that they're using USPS, here are the example of cost from New York shipped to California using USPS price calculator.

Their Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box - 12 1/4" (L) x 12" (W) x 6" (H) is $24.75

Using calculate price based on Shape and Size (1.5lbs)

16" (L) x 12" (W) x 10" (H) is $60.65

14" (L) x 8" (W) x 12" (H) is $18.05

I guess your box size is somewhere in the middle.

I'm pretty sure the items are already cheap enough and accessible stateside at this point. Buy that outside the country, I'm pretty sure you're going to spend the same or more depends on the shipping cost. Follow what your heart desire. :good: 

Just my 2 cents. ;) 

IMG_6840.png

absolutely insane for less than. 1.5lb box. They don’t combine shipping.  That is how they offset cost. 

Edited by Ranger565

19 minutes ago, Ranger565 said:

IMG_6840.png

absolutely insane for less than. 1.5lb box. They don’t combine shipping.  That is how they offset cost. 

I know you mentioned they don't combine shipping. Did you found out by messaging them? Or just thru the order/payment process? If not, maybe it's worth asking them directly prior of paying the item/s?

Anyways, good luck on your purchase. :good: 

They combine shipping sort-of...  backed my way into it for two of my transactions since last year by buying multiple items and then asking for a partial refund  "after" payment.   Took awhile but they finally came thtough. They aren't very public facing, as someone mentioned earlier. Not the most responsive, either...  Didn't respond when I'd win all the auctions or had orbs on the cart,  just after I'd paid... so whether they're super busy, or just a couple of "wise guys" (ba-dum-bump, tish!)

Feels like they're doling it out slowly because there's never more than a handful listed at any one time, among their trains, planes, paints and other stuff for sale.  

Patience and persistent inquiry with these guys is key to getting value and fair dealing.  No complaints on my end in delivered quality for several rare kits. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 1:22 AM, Ranger565 said:

IMG_6840.png

We actually do combine shipping! USPS might just be charging more if you live somewhere like the West Coast or Canada. I'm not able to be on here more often do to the sheer volume of work I have most of the time but I do want to assure you I want to improve our relations by hearing about things like this! On another note- you can use our new website instead! -> -> -> https://wiseguyshobbies.com/ 

We have multiple options for shipping on the Wise Guys Site!

Hey Vic!

Nice-you guys have your own store and can bypass all the ebay fees, great work!!
I just did an order, the shipping was indeed MUCH better than ebay calculated.

:)

Shawn

On 3/2/2024 at 10:38 PM, Shawn said:

Hey Vic!

Nice-you guys have your own store and can bypass all the ebay fees, great work!!
I just did an order, the shipping was indeed MUCH better than ebay calculated.

:)

Shawn

Wiseguys site bookmarked for future shopping.

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Anyone need a case of VF-1As!!!!??? Wow-that is even the original Imai shipping case!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256465611086

or 60 Nupetiet-Vergnitzs'?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256475586151

I believe these finds are from that secondary warehouse they showed us.

image.png.9f4f38b5f434ec0cbc0db1b4a11605d3.png

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

I seriously wish I had the money for all those, Shawn! Right now, I can't even afford modeling supplies! :(