3 hours ago, Big s said:

Yeah, for some reason I’m not all that excited for this one. I liked the first and saw it in the theater, but so far this just doesn’t interest me as much. Maybe it’ll be greater than I expect, but for now I’ll just wait and see

It also doesn't help that it apparently has nothing to do with the upcoming DC-Gunn-verse....more interested in how that plays out than giving any more time/money towards more "stand-alone" DC movies...

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It also doesn't help that it apparently has nothing to do with the upcoming DC-Gunn-verse....more interested in how that plays out than giving any more time/money towards more "stand-alone" DC movies...

It’s one of these things where DC is spreading itself too wide. Too many non connected films and confusion over what is connected. There’s also the whole The Batman thing as well. But I guess I’m less interested in this since the first film felt one and done and I think I’m tired of Harley. Nowadays it just seems like you can’t have joker exist without her. That and this one is a musical and I’m really not a fan of musicals

I liked the first one, even though I find the idea of a Joker origin to be an oxymoron, it was a well shot film with great performances and it was entertaining. I'll definitely check this out in theaters when it drops, I just hope Harley isn't a part of Joker's mind and she's not real the whole time, that'd be a bummer/copout. 

On 4/10/2024 at 5:42 PM, Big s said:

Yeah, for some reason I’m not all that excited for this one. I liked the first and saw it in the theater, but so far this just doesn’t interest me as much. Maybe it’ll be greater than I expect, but for now I’ll just wait and see

Same here.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm hoping this isn't some sad 'its all in his head' kind of film as it could damage the JOKER brand. DC/WB needs a reminder that the JOKER is super villain doing super villain stuff and not some pathetic guy in a mental hospital.

I think they should have looked at more scripts before rushing into a 2nd movie so soon. It's always a bad sign. I'm not a fan of GaGa the dudes ok but they could just went with the mixed girl from the first movie or someone like her.

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm hoping this isn't some sad 'its all in his head' kind of film as it could damage the JOKER brand. DC/WB needs a reminder that the JOKER is super villain doing super villain stuff and not some pathetic guy in a mental hospital.

This reminds me of the half baked love triangle stuff they did with suicide squad. from what I seen they edited out half the story from the movie so it seemed kinda stupid on screen. I think your spot on. 1st movie was his origin story now in 2nd movie he is supposed to establish his own unique take as the Joker being a supervillain. also this movie if done right could set up Easter eggs for a third movie with his rivals and there unique take in this franchise. Hopefully they don't screw it up. If it was me I would bring Jared Leto in as the Riddler in a third movie.