Larger Scale VF-0

Valk-1S

What scale would you like to see Yamato release for the VF-0.  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What scale would you like to see Yamato release for the VF-0.

• 1. 1/72
    • 2. 1/60
    • 3. 1/55
    • 4. 1/48
    • 5. Don't care, as long detailed and perfect transformation

Why the VF-0 would be that big in Macross Zero doesn't make much sense continuity-wise.

I heard Kawamori was going to redesign the VF-1... to look more continuity-y

also, Earlier someone posted that this poll should have been, what would you buy if it came out... THat's a very good point, for example, I VOTED for 1/60 because this might possible please the most fanboys. (and that DOESN'T mean I'd like a 1/72, by the way) but I'd BUY a 1/48 in a heartbeat, if I had the chance.

Edited by DrClay

I'm glad the VF-0 is going to be in a more compact scale. A 1/48 of the VF-0 would be ridiculous.

And the 1/60 Monster or the Queadluun-Rau aren’t???

Why is it that everyone loves the idea of those two but the moment someone mentions a 1/48 VF-0 or YF-19 or some other large valk it’s oh no that would be too big I mean seriously a VF-0 is not that much bigger it’s about the same size as a F-14 and companies make plenty of 1/48 scale versions of those.

Btw Mr. March i'm not trying to pick on you. You just happend to sum up what the anti 1/48 VF-0 people almost always say.

Well, I'm not a collector who is going to purchase the Monster (even if it were to be released) or the Queadlunn Rau (which I beleive is basically the same size as a 1/48 Valk even though it's 1/60). Second, I do in fact prefer a certain size of models/toys. There is such a thing as the optimum scale for any particular model/toy, which gives the best balance of all the products facets. This holds true for many different products. Why are paperback novels the size they are? Comic books? It's an optimum size, making the best of level of detail, cost, space, etc.

A 1/72 scale for a 12 meter tall Valkyrie is what I consider the optimum scale. A 1/100 scale for an 18.5 meter tall Gundam is what I consider the optimum scale.

I love my 1/48 Valkyries, don't get me wrong. But as much as I love them, I sure would like it if they were smaller. Just preference.

Edited by Mr March

My personal preference for a perfect transformation VF-0 toy would be 1/60 scale. That would already be big enough, close to the 1/48 VF-1 in size. So, my vote is for 1/60.

I think 1/48 would just be too huge. I'm already limited in the amount of display space I have and a 1/48 VF-0 in fighter mode, would probably take up nearly a whole shelf in my display cabinet. Of course, I'd still buy it in a heartbeat if Yamato made it.

By the way, don't take any of the above as confirmation that a larger scale perfect transformation VF-0 is actually in the works. I'm just stating what I would like only.

Graham

Why the VF-0 would be that big in Macross Zero doesn't make much sense continuity-wise.

I heard Kawamori was going to redesign the VF-1... to look more continuity-y

Where did you hear that? Some people here have speculated that would happen, but that's all I've seen--speculation. (Personally, I doubt it.)

As for why the VF-0 is bigger than the VF-1, I seem to recall Kawamori saying something about the VF-1 being smaller so that it could more easily fight inside enemy spaceships. In any case, for an aircraft that uses conventional jet engines, bigger means greater payload, more fuel, and longer range. (I'm no expert on this but that's what David Hintgen keeps saying, and it is also notable that the Super Hornet is bigger than the regular Hornet for pretty much those reasons.) However, if you have fusion-powered engines, range isn't a consideration. So the only notional advantage of the VF-0's size is payload.

BTW, congrats to Valk-1S on his poll design. But I think a far more important question than "what is your preferred scale?" is "will you buy it if it comes out in X scale"? It would be good to add some assumptions, such as whether other scales will be available, whether it will have perfect transformation, and whether the price will be roughly commensurate with the absolute size of the toy given what we've seen so far. That means a 1/48 would be about 50-100% more than a 1/48 VF-1, a 1/60 about the price of a 1/48 VF-1, a 1/72 about the price of a 1/60 VF-1.

Thanks ewilen and Thanks to all for participating in this poll.

I know there's a lot of possibilities to put into this poll, but I prefer to just keep it simple. Plus I was tempted to put a 1/1 scale in, but if I did that everyone would have chosen that. :D

As for me I am not too particular in the size as long as it looks good and the pricing is reasonable base on the scale that it will be released in.

If they do release it in the 1/48 I will probably just pick up the VF-0S, but if they released it in a smaller scale like 1/60 or 1/72 I will be able to buy more and hence will pick up the VF-0S, VF-0A & VF-0D. I probably will be getting those three in the 1/100 scale anyway.

Edited by Valk-1S

My vote goes for 1/60. Yamato toys need some standard, instead of being scattered all over the place. 1/48 is nice, but too much of a novelty and far too impractical for other mecha like the Destroids and Zentraedi. OTOH, 1/100 is too small for Destroids and VF-1 Valkyries. The 1/60 scale is a nice compromise of the two extremes, in detail and more importantly: price.

I personally think 1/100 is another scale we don't need to deal with, but I don't care since I'm 99.9% certain Yamato will release a larger scale VF-0. What that scale will be, I don't know and I don't care, just as long as it's not 1/100. For now, I'll pass, my money deserves better than 1/100. :D

I think 1/48 would just be too huge. I'm already limited in the amount of display space I have and a 1/48 VF-0 in fighter mode, would probably take up nearly a whole shelf in my display cabinet. Of course, I'd still buy it in a heartbeat if Yamato made it.

Graham

Well, just display it in battroid mode! :D

I think that if Yamato were to produce a 1/48 VF-0 and it was profitable, we could also see the Macross Plus valks since they are about the same size. It's probably going to be 1/72, and by judging the current 1/72 Mac + line I would have to vote with my wallet and say no thanks. Here's to hoping for a 1/48 VF-0 and maybe 1/48 Mac + valks. :)

ummm...i'm pretty sure there's enough to do with a 1/60...but you can do just as much with a 1/72...it's not THAT hard to make it with perfect transformation considering it has a damn swing-bar <_< ....either way i don't care if it's "perfect transformation" or not just as long as it looks good in all modes...i really don't care if you have to take all the limbs, head, wings, and backpack off to transform it just as long as it looks good damnit!

[rant mode on]

also, aren't you forgetting how LARGE a 1/48 VF-0 would be?! and for those of you that want 1/48 everything i just hope you have the garage space for a 1/48 monster...'cause that sucker would be about the size of a mini cooper or a VW bug! man, if that doesn't sound like "elitist" i don't know what does...

[rant mode off]

I just could not believe it when I got all the way through an entire page-and-a-half (showing 40 posts per page) and had yet to see Aegis go totally nutty over all the 1/48 votes.

Thankfully, he showed up. Late. . . but he showed up.

Didn't go half as nutso as I expected, however. I'm actually somewhat disappointed. I like patterns and constants in my life. :)

H

P.S. I voted for 1/48. Yes, I know how scales work. Yes, I know the toy will be big. I like big toys. Especially in this case because I want it to be to-scale for my VF-1s. I'm just "unscrupulous" that way.

P.P.S. As others have said: Just because the toy is bigger, does not mean it will cost more. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Price is based on demand and market pressures. . . not on how expensive the toy was to produce.

Sinse I am "im"-patiently waiting for the 1/60 Monster to be released... as much as I would love to have a massive scale release. I figure they might as well be in proportion to the Monster so I voted 1/60. Personally I would love to get something in the area of 1/33 :D

For me? NO larger than 1/60...

I have a small room, and my space is already limited. On top of that, a 1/48 would be obscenely expensive. It's hard enough to justify away ~140 for a VF-1, let alone what would be required for a full scale VF-0. I like the toys, but not THAT much...

whos to say it will be pheneomally expensive? A lot of you dont remember that a the Qrau is cheaper then a 1/48 VF-1 yet a lot bigger. Not to mention the trasnformation mechanism on a 1/48 would make the size big enough for DURABle swing bars and at the same time make it easier to hide them somewhere. I am not saying it will be cheap But i tend to think it wont cost a whole lot more than the VF-1. Its transfromation is simpler.......has swing bars(easy to implement on a big toy and easy t hide as well and be durable), no internal heat shield just poop up and slide down over cockpit, and everything else is relatively the same., The transformation is EXACTLY like the 1/55 takatoku valk series with the exception of the swing bars on the potentially larger VF-0 hidden in both modes and the chest popping up and sliding down. that does not seem that hard at all and with yamato wantin to make a big name for itself and with the series fresh and still not done it would be a great idea to throw a FEW select fan fave 0 toys into 1/48 scale. I trust the transformation is always the hardest thing to figure out when designing a variable fighter toy but for yamato it shouldn't be that hard...especially with a big chunk of plastic to work with. So in many ways the irony is that it might be super easy for them to design and cheaper as well. Who knows its wishful thinking on my part but i drool for a VF-0.

I'd like to see a 1/48th scale one. Sure, the arguments for and against them have been done to death, but I personally would like one, especially seeing that the current alternative is the 1/100 version. Admittedly, though, I would only buy two of them. The 1S and the 1D. I have plenty of shelf space for them, and they'd still only be about the size of the old GI Joe F-14s, and a lot smaller than those nice looking WWII planes they've got down at Walmart right now.

yea them walmart planes be huge. Ever hear of BBI? they are making a tru exclusive 1/18 scale F-18. Now that bitch is HUGE. Forking HUGE. You saw their blackhawks and apaches but now they are making a damn modern fighter plane. I think the VF-0 lends itself well to a 1/48 version...its just heaven sent to me. Good size and height not to mention we know yamato will cram it with a lot of detail.