Batman: HUSH Continued...

Kamui 777

I was really surprised when I read #10. That was a nice twist, haven't gotten #11 yet but the Clayface thing is kinda of a let down. Was really hoping somehow it was Jason Todd. I going to pick up the first TPB of the series when I go to the bookstore again. Then if I can't find an online store that sells the comics wait for the next TPB. I wish I had got into it before.

this was a pretty good issue, but i knew it couldn't be Jason Todd, at least not without them seriously screwing with all the continuity and pulling a marvel-esque "i was dead, but i'm back for no good reason". i'm kinda glad it turned out like that, and now i wanna know even more about the "Hush"...

I'll tell you why it couldn't be Jason. Didn't people dail a 1-900 number to kill him off? People paid money to vote to kill that character. I didn't call (hell I didn't know who Jason was until I heard about it on the news) but I would call DC crooks who ran huge scam if they brought that character back from the dead.

I never saw the orignal ad for the number but I doubt the character can ever return. Money was exchanged to kill him. Ingoring this at later date can bring a potential legal situation. Hell if paid money to kill him. I would want him to stay dead or a full refund with interest.

its a storyline running through the monthly Batman title. its being drawn by Jim Lee of X-men and Wild C.A.T.S fame, and written by Jeph Loeb of Spider-man: Blue. the first issues are already out in a hardcover collected edition, with the second due out in a couple of months after the story concludes. the story has been okay so far, but the art is absolutely stunning...

I remember Clayface from the Batman: The Animated Series, he was ALWAYS a great character (but Batman usually OWNED him most of the time) on multiple levels. Was Jason Todd the name of the character in Animated Series? I remember him being played by an actor that could change his face whenever needed. :lol:

nah Jason Todd(aka the 2nd Robin) was never in any of the animated series. They always went from Dick Grayson(Robin 1) to Tim Drake(Robin 3) I don't really remember what Clayfaces real name is, I believe they said it before but never touched on it again.

Thanks Effect. I don't remember them bringing in the character of Jason Tood in the Animated Series.

In Batman: The Animated Series and Batman and Robin featured the Dick Grayson Robin (who later became Nightwing in the last animated series).

In the last Batman series (Batman and Superman?) they featured the Tim Drake Robin (who seemed much younger) and Barbara Gordon as Batgirl.

• 4 weeks later...

pretty sweet overall, but yeah, i can't believe after all that, he got away. likewise, i didn't like the way Bruce and Selina's relationship was just kind of casted aside. i thought Loeb was finally gonna make a change in the way those characters relationship worked.

looks like Jim Lee will be starting on Superman next March, with Superman 203, with Brian Azzarello doing the writing. looks like another superstar pairing by DC. Greg Rucka, who does great work on Queen and Country and Gotham Central is also gonna start a run on Adventures of Superman 625. i also read maybe Michael Turner, best known for Fathom and Witchblade, will take a stab at the art sometime soon. DC looks to be revamping their main titles. not a moment too soon. Superman really sucks right now.

edit. oops those are back up stories in the regular Superman books. the new teams start their runs in April....

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

looks like Jim Lee will be starting on Superman next March, with Superman 203,

I'm reading a book right now on big-name comic book artists, titled Artists on Comic Art; it's a great book that I recommend. It was published in 2000, and it has a interview with Jim Lee that's pretty interesting, done in the wake of DC buying Wildstorm. Jim said that he didn't see doing monthly pencil work for a while because of the responsibilities of being a father and being in charge of Wildstorm and all the paperwork that comes along with it. It is cool to see him back in action doing excellent stuff on Bats.

He sounds like a really nice guy, too. He would sit down with the other artists in studio and draw with them instead of doing the stay-in-my-office reclusive bigwig thing. His run on X-men in the 90's was legendary; those issues could not come out fast enough for me. And his Rogue was SO HOT! Then Joe Mad and the amerimanga looked washed in. It's great to see Jim back (even though he was never really gone with Divine Right and that stuff at the time).

Batman #619 came out today which concludes the storyline for now. While not wanting to give too much away, I found the following interesting:

• Harold's fate
  • Who the identity of Hush is and why the person did what they did. Given previous issues, one might see how the pieces fell into place.
  • What course will Two-Face/Harvey Dent take?
  • How should the Riddler be handled in light of recent events?
  • Jason Todd is dead, but there are still questions to be answered.
  • How will Batman and Catwoman's relationship play out, now that she knows his identity, but there is still distrust?