ArII model kits

Macrosso

is i worth buying the zentradi ship models even though i dont know how to paint models. plz respond asap

They are quite small 3-5" in length, I wouldnt pay more than $10 each painting makes everything look better, but you dont have to paint them

They are small as pfunk said.

Don't remember the proper names and I'm to lazy to check in the main MW site but here is a brief description and opinion:

The Britaii's ship is awfully out of proportion. I have that kit for years and never figured out how to make it look better. If you are not an scratch builder: DON'T BUY IT!!!

Kamjin ship is OK. It has to parts: the orbiter and atmospheric part.

Landing craft: is fine, just the capsule shape parts protrude a lot.

Cruiser: fine, it has some shape issues but nothing compared with Britaii's ship...

All these kits come with a small SDF-1 (less than an inch long) and a base. I tried to make a diorama with the SDF-1 punching the cruiser (Deadalus attack) but got tired trying to transform the tiny SDF-1 into storm attack mode (Robot)

They are very easy to paint (in almost all the case: green+color details)

Most of these zentran ships could be build using two parts epoxy clay and patience since they look very organic.

size-wise the zen ships are about as long/big as the arms on the 1/5000 sdf-1. One lookes like a cuccumber, one looks like a squished cuccumber, and one looks like I don't know what and seperates into two ships. Once I figure out how I'm going to mount them I plan on using them as arms on a custom sdf-1 that will be waaaaay out of proportion :rolleyes:

They are small as pfunk said.

Don't remember the proper names and I'm to lazy to check in the main MW site but here is a brief description and opinion:

The Britaii's ship is awfully out of proportion. I have that kit for years and never figured out how to make it look better. If you are not an scratch builder: DON'T BUY IT!!!

Kamjin ship is OK. It has to parts: the orbiter and atmospheric part.

Landing craft: is fine, just the capsule shape parts protrude a lot.

Cruiser: fine, it has some shape issues but nothing compared with Britaii's ship...

All these kits come with a small SDF-1 (less than an inch long) and a base. I tried to make a diorama with the SDF-1 punching the cruiser (Deadalus attack) but got tired trying to transform the tiny SDF-1 into storm attack mode (Robot)

They are very easy to paint (in almost all the case: green+color details)

Most of these zentran ships could be build using two parts epoxy clay and patience since they look very organic.

That pretty much resumes it all. They need painting and some scratch build parts to make them look decent enough. Specially the Britaii ship and also the sdf-1 which need micro-surgical skills to cut, rebuild and glue the pieces back together once you get to cut it right...

I think I should repaint mine all over since my skills have improved a lot since.

Edit: I should also mention that although some of them look terrible; they are a good source of scale and a decent base to start a scratch build one or modify the current kit

post-3-1075228088_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

007-vf1,

Yor fleet looks good! I wonder how do you managed to reshape the Britaii ship's stern. Cut and reshape it with epoxy clay? The Maltran ship is an scratch built?

Yes, the meltran ship is made with styrene and britaii's is cut the tip off and added Sculpy. Simple actually, but the paint job needs more refining.

I don't know about you, but all you'll need is a Cucumber, draw some panel/detail lines, add some toothpicks and place it on a stand for a super cool zentradi ship. what size is up to you. :)

......Sooooo, what happens when the cucumber rotens and starts smelling like sweaty-blistered feet?? :p

The Arii Zentradi ship models are worth getting simply for the box art; just disregard the pesky, worthless plastic contained within :lol:

Seriously though, the little scale SDF-1 is nice, but the kits themselves fall VERY short of expectations. That's why I just scratchbuilt my own. Looks way better.

Captain,

I remember your landing vessel!! Awsome. As I said before these ships are so organic in shape that are ideal for scratchbuilding with epoxy clay or the like. Your model is an excellent example of that!!!