VF-0 then YF-19FP? Yamato testing waters?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Hey guys. as you know the YF19Fp was announced this past july. Noone really knew if it was going to be perfect transformation or not. Some on this board want all accuracy and the swap tranformation doesnt bother them on teh VF-0. so with that i mind I made this theory...

COuld yamato be testing sales and such of the VF-0 1/100 swap out before they show or release the YF19FP? its been a LONG ass time. Maybe they want to know the fans reactions to teh swap VF-0 since tyhe YF19 ...for the sake of speculation MIGHT have swap out transformation! If fans like it then maybe yamato will go ahead and set it out for production. As more detailed pics of 0 come out the fans in japan who see the mags before us will certainly form some sort of reacion and later we will when we get the news and scans. And if yamato notices a lot of fans being upset..maybe they will go back to the drawing board and rdesign it with perfect transformation.

or MAYBE they have designed one with swap out transformation and 1 with Perfect transformation...maybe THATS why it took them so long to even show a darn picture. SO with that mind maybe they are really testing the waters with the VF-0 1/100. Graham ifg you can comment please do! It never made sense to me why theyn would show the 0 before the 19 until i made this theory. I remember graham saying the sculpt of the yf19 was actually done in july but there was a setback back then. NAd who knows they mgiht have made it 1/100 scale.

yea thats what i am thinking..its swap out. If anything its gonna look better than theri previous version either way. I just want to know whyt we havent seen the damn thing at least and if I am right hell a elast we finally know why after months of wondering ya know? funny we see the 0 before the 19 when the 19 was announced much earlier. wait i could be wrong neermind

Macross Zero is the new wave right now. Mac Plus, although wonderful, has been out for some time. From what I've gathered from the boards, Valks SIT on the shelves and cronicallly go on clearance. I bet Yamato'll just go head first into Zero products, hoping they'll sell better..

I'm not holding my breath on a 19 for a long, long time.. :(

IMHO, of couse...

I've been waiting for the YF-19 FP re-release for while too. Word on the street is:

Don't Hold Your Breath.

I think we'll see the M:Zero VF-0, SV-51 followed by other items before we see the YF-19 again. This is not to say it has been canceled but our patience will hopefully be rewarded with perfection.

Actually, is there near 1:1 bootleg of the YF-19 out yet? I would love to get one to have as a placeholder until Yamato releases the YF-19 FP.

Macross Zero is the new wave right now. Mac Plus, although wonderful, has been out for some time. From what I've gathered from the boards, Valks SIT on the shelves and cronicallly go on clearance. I bet Yamato'll just go head first into Zero products, hoping they'll sell better..

I'm not holding my breath on a 19 for a long, long time..  :(

IMHO, of couse...

All valks or just VF-1 toys? You've got to admit, the VF-1 market has been saturated by BanDai, Yamato and others. How did the re-release of the VF-11 and YF-21 go? Does anyone on those boards think that a brand spankin' new 19 would sell better? Just wondering.

Im really hoping for a new YF-19, but if Yamato doesn't think it will sell, I can understand why they won't take that road. Designing and building something like this can't be easy or cheap. Hopefully the Mac Zero line does well for them. I'd hate for them to lose interest in Macross all together.

Edited by Mule

Wow, I gotta say, this really pisses me off.

I fully respect all of your openness towards alternate transformations because you want the YF-19FP for display, I hold a different opinion. I still buy toys to play with and yes, that made the YF-21FP a supreme disapointment for me.

As a matter of fact, the toys were what got me interested in Macross, before that I was just a rabid Transfan. I was impressed not only with the mecha designs, but also with the explanation for why humanity would suddenly make giant walking robots, something Gundam never did.

The YF-19 in particular impressed me, but I hesitated buying it on seeing mixed reviews. Now, after seeing the Hasegawa this version is supposedly going to be based off of, I am really excited about getting it, and while I understand everyone's feelings on the subject, quite frankly I want a mecha that can transform w/o removing major parts of the body

Yamato has churned out some great stuff in the past, and I only hope that the YF-19FP doesn't become to robot toys what Daikatana has become for computer games

I think like Timber.

Anyway Yamato has make clear that they understand the technical problems of a perfect transformation toy, but also the fans preference for them. The 1/48's is a hell of an example, so we'll see.

I'm inclined to think that Yamato is holding the mass production of the 19 to take advantage of the Macross 0 moment. I would. :ph34r:

I'm inclined to think that Yamato is holding the mass production of the 19 to take advantage of the Macross 0 moment. I would. :ph34r:

:huh: What momment, the VF-0's won't be out until May :blink:

:lol: Well I hope they don't shrink the YF-19FP. I was imagining it's just a resculpt and didn't consider altered scale or removable parts. Eh, I can by removable parts but don't think its necessary. Bandai got some portions of the 19 sculpt done better... Yamato just needs to CAD it and instruct the sculptors appropriately. But we'll see. :)