9 hours ago, Cypher DX said:

Not to go down the road of griping, the sculpts are nice and the fact someone picked up and expanded upon Mospeada without somebody interfering is pretty nice.  But a return to the more standard stuff Mospeada is known for would be a great treat in toy form.  I was always hoping for a different road to expansion on a war torn earth occupied by the inbit and the resistance and what's left of the military and manufacturing  in a few secret areas ..... such as a crashed ship larger than the garfish some place.  Redesigns and prototypes of different mecha that defended earth as well as a few incomplete recon teams surviving planet side.  There were a few non transformable defenders planet side when they invaded right?  And it always seemed the automated fighters powered down or active had something of a different integrated power system.  I would of like to see a manga explore a resistance group somehow build a manable legios out of a unmanned drone version as they discover how/why the inbit lock on to their mecha so easily.  Not so much build a homemade stealth fighter as a result, but something less prone to being locked on, a little less dependent on power cells for fuel so it doesn't get hammered outright on sight.  ...... Just my two cents considering how much of a fan I am of the series as a whole.

I would imagine though that fossil fuels would be in very short supply though. It would have to be like Macross: slush deuterium/ "heavy water". But even then, that would take some tech and their world looks pretty barren given that.

36 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

I would imagine though that fossil fuels would be in very short supply though. It would have to be like Macross: slush deuterium/ "heavy water". But even then, that would take some tech and their world looks pretty barren given that.

I was looking through the Great Mechanics G 2023 Winter article on Mospeada, and they mentioned something about the HBT power cells cause some time of intense reaction when used by the mecha in the 1st and 2nd wave—and it's that reaction that the Invit are detecting.  The stealth version in the 3rd wave are using some type of system that masks or reduces the intensity of that reaction, which 'hides' them from the Invit sensors.

So Mospeada stealth fighters are not so much 'stealthy' (in the real world sense), but more like have additional shielding and/or use the HBT power cells more efficiently (in a way that doesn't produce an externally detectable energy signature).