Upgrading a classic: yet another custom Bandai/Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1

tekering

1 hour ago, Thom said:

That actually looks like a missile and it's launch rail. A frickin big missile!:o

I thought it was just an example of what the missiles from those hatches on the inside, I didn’t realize it was supposed to be a single giant missile that’s probably close to the size of a battleship 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I thought it was just an example of what the missiles from those hatches on the inside, I didn’t realize it was supposed to be a single giant missile that’s probably close to the size of a battleship 

I could very well be wrong, but along with the Daedalus carrier with its simplistic toy-car wheel arrangement, it's possible the thought was to have a toy Macross launching a spring loaded missile.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

That's what the text on the artwork says: "missile".*

So yes, the toy was envisioned to have a spring-loaded missile, which is effectively the size of a battleship.

* Note that the artwork was only produced for the toy version.  Such a huge missile (or clip on wheel chassis) was never used—or intended to be used—in the TV series.

Edited by sketchley

• 4 weeks later...