Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

wow that looks awesome i hope he is white and not red it looks more like the original, i like this one far better the Tracks,

looks very promising

Chris

hey is it just me or does the body of this guy look excatly like smokescreen? it looks like it has the exact transformation . other then the color, head and chest, it looks like the body legs and arms look virtually identical, I thought meister was a completly new mold and not just a minor variation?

does anyone know about this from Image Anime it sounds like some sort of special edition for smokescreen they have no pics has anyone seen it?

http://matrixcollectibles.site.yahoo.com/bt07.html

It's a new version of Smokescreen. They're updateing him to look like the 2004 WRX rally car. Basicaly just a minor repaint, but it should have a new roof and front fascia.

I've been hearing for a while that this summer Hasbro is going to make a #7 Smokescreen in Solberg's 2003 championship colors, just like Takara's #7 that shipped along side the #8 car that both companies made. That link might be for that car.

EDIT: Scratch that, the link is for a Binaltech, not an Alternator. I still won't be suprised if a Alternator 2003 WRX shows up this summer. For $20, I just might get it.

Edited by muswp1

I think, Like no. 8 is Makinen's car. On my ChoroQ the hood says "Makinen" rather than "Subaru" like Solberg's car. So maybe is that.

Makinen retired from WRC at the end of last year, so chances are pretty high that this car will just be Solberg, and therefore (slightly) reduce the collectibility of Monte Carlo 2003 car No.7 Smokescreen from last year.

Then again, I think Solberg was running car no.1 at this years Monte Carlo.. so it's interesting to see.

You're right, Solberg is running #1 this year. I think the other WRX is number 2, I am not sure on that though. I almost never see the second Subaru in the limited WRC coverage I have here.

thanks for the reply, does anyone have any pics of it? i wish for fun they would do a Generation 1 repaint of smokescreen, that would be very cool.

by the way, what is that very faint anime style gargoyle in the pic near meister in bot form

Chris

by the way, what is that very faint anime style gargoyle in the pic near meister in bot form

Chris

It's the watermark of the guy who did the Photoshop job, "DragonX76". The guy seriously needs a new watermark. <_<

hey is it just me or does the body of this guy look excatly like smokescreen? it looks like it has the exact transformation . other then the color, head and chest, it looks like the body legs and arms look virtually identical, I thought meister was a completly new mold and not just a minor variation?

The transformation is almost the same, but they made the arms easier to deal with on this new car.

Chris

It's the watermark of the guy who did the Photoshop job, "DragonX76". The guy seriously needs a new watermark. <_<

Looks like one of the mech thingys from Rayearth...prolly where he sourced it from

Painted prototype of Meister or Photoshop?

found it on a TFans board:

post-26-1085575051.jpg

Looks like a Photochop to me.

Actually, the original non-watermarked pic originated from a Hong Kong TF forum

forum

Interesting. It still looks like a Photoshop job to me. The colors just seem to have that 'not quite real' feel to them. Maybe it's just the quality of the pic. Either way, it would be nice if the final release has a similar scheme.

The transformation looks very, very similar, but otherwise the parts all look different. He looks like his own toy, not just a repaint with a new head. I don't mind at all, a lot of the early G1 Transformers had similar transformations, and it's easier to make them keep that G1 feel if they stick to that with those particular characters.

hey is it just me or does the body of this guy look excatly like smokescreen? it looks like it has the exact transformation . other then the color, head and chest, it looks like the  body legs and arms look virtually identical, I thought meister was a completly new mold and not just a minor variation?

The transformation looks very, very similar, but otherwise the parts all look different. He looks like his own toy, not just a repaint with a new head. I don't mind at all, a lot of the early G1 Transformers had similar transformations, and it's easier to make them keep that G1 feel if they stick to that with those particular characters.

If you've seen the CG model designs, it looks like it is more poseable as well. Hopefully this is the case.

hey is it just me or does the body of this guy look excatly like smokescreen? it looks like it has the exact transformation . other then the color, head and chest, it looks like the   body legs and arms look virtually identical, I thought meister was a completly new mold and not just a minor variation?

If you've seen the CG model designs, it looks like it is more poseable as well. Hopefully this is the case.

I hope so, though Smokescreen isn't that bad. Pretty good as far as Transformers go, actually. I was more dissapointed with Sideswipe, his legs don't have as much a range of motion as they really should.

Still, to put my complaints in perspective, I still think these toys are the best Transformers yet. The class and style of the original G1 Diaclone Transformers, with the posability of the Car Robot Transformers. Together with the Masterpiece Prime, this line is a Transformers fan's dream come true.

Aside from getting Dead End instead of Sunstreaker. I still hope we see a Sunstreaker version of that toy. Sure, I could try my hand at modding one, but it's just not the same. I also hope Meister gets a white paint scheme. We already have one read Alternator, we don't need another, especially if the original character was white.

I think the problem lies in Mazda. If Mazda had a white RX-8 (standard color) then Takara will have no qualms in making Meister white. But I doubt there's a white RX-8 and I'm sure Mazda wants their transformer to be as red as their car. But I shrug. I'm happy either way. :)

yea i agree he should be white we already have a red TF and it looks more like the original. but i am a little dissapointed that he has pretty much the same transformation, i believe that is lazy on their Hasbro and Takara's part. I heard the excuse that they would need to create all new molds, but that is the point of a toy company and a toyline to expand on the series, not just repaint the same one over and over and add a new chest peice and head, but i suppose if people keep buying there really is nothing we can do, it is just the way it works, I know there has probally been a ton of other posts like mine. the same can be said for Yamato and the 1/48 people keep saying that they can not do the others (elint, ostrich, and the green Qrau) but i believe they can. they are a toy manufactorer , and that is the point of them is to keep creating new products, i know they can do it so why have they not?:huh: if they can build up the nerve to create and skulpt a Qrau and a Destroid Monster these should not be to much of a problem, i hope the TF series is not going to just repaint everything. I really would like to see a new Mirage or Sunstreaker, but with a new design and not just a repaint of a exisiting TF

well yea it was :) but i mean the new series. with all the advancement in desgins, i think they could do so much more with this series, i just do not want 10 repaints of sideswipe. i wish they would take all their creativity and focus on making some new versions and transformations, instead of just painting the same one over and over. They are such a big company I know they have the capabilitys and this is such a great new series. I am still going to get Meister , but i am hoping he is white and not red. BTW also does anyone know when Hound is coming to the US?

I think this thread underlines the Fanboy Catch 22 theory:

Takara makes a new series of transformers that very closely resembles the original series in style and transformation = Fans are upset some of them transform the same way.

Takara makes a new series of Transformers that does not closely resemble the original series = Fans are upset that the figures don't look enough like G1.

In the G1 line, Smokescreen, Bluestreak and Prowl were all identical except for the paint and Jazz was nearly the same but with some modifications in car design. In the Bin/Alt line, Smokescreen and Silverstreak are also the same (actually, Silverstreak has MORE changes than the G1 version did) and Jazz is nearly the same but with some modifications in car design. Why Takara is getting pissed on by people moaning about similar transformations and repaints is simply amazing to me. It must be maddening for a company when you think that your giving the fans exactly what they want and half of the fans poo-poo it because they don't even know what they want.

Now, I do have my own gripe. I still think it's a shame that the Decepticons are going to be nothing more than more repaints/slight resulpts of existing Autobots. I just think it will look rather strange for a collection to have the good guys and the bad guys facing off and one side just looks like Bizarro-world versions of the other. <_<

I think this thread underlines the Fanboy Catch 22 theory:

Takara makes a new series of transformers that very closely resembles the original series in style and transformation = Fans are upset some of them transform the same way.

Takara makes a new series of Transformers that does not closely resemble the original series = Fans are upset that the figures don't look enough like G1.

In the G1 line, Smokescreen, Bluestreak and Prowl were all identical except for the paint and Jazz was nearly the same but with some modifications in car design. In the Bin/Alt line, Smokescreen and Silverstreak are also the same (actually, Silverstreak has MORE changes than the G1 version did) and Jazz is nearly the same but with some modifications in car design. Why Takara is getting pissed on by people moaning about similar transformations and repaints is simply amazing to me. It must be maddening for a company when you think that your giving the fans exactly what they want and half of the fans poo-poo it because they don't even know what they want.

Now, I do have my own gripe. I still think it's a shame that the Decepticons are going to be nothing more than more repaints/slight resulpts of existing Autobots. I just think it will look rather strange for a collection to have the good guys and the bad guys facing off and one side just looks like Bizarro-world versions of the other. <_<

It'll be just like that trek episode, Mirror Mirror!!!! :lol:

BT09 Wheeljack ?!?

from BBTS Mailing List message:

TAKARA BINALTECH BT-09 WHEELJACK:  We've received preliminary info

about

the BT-09 release.  Wheeljack will be a white repaint of the BT-06

Tracks

release.  Takara has not officially announced this release yet, but we

are

confident based on past pre-announcement info that has leaked out that

Wheeljack will be announced soon.  BBTS should be the first place to

offer

this new Binaltech figure for pre-order - enjoy!

If true: Whoa. That vette I will definately pick up.

BT09 Wheeljack ?!?

If Wheeljack is next, he had better be white. While I can almost live with a yellow Tracks (then again, while normally I hate yellow as a color for anything other than a Beetle, I sort of came a fan of yellow 'Vettes ever since I kept picking that color in the old Gran Turismo games just because it made a friend ill to look at it) a red or some other color Wheeljack just won't do for me.

Then again, I'd prefer Wheeljack to be something else. Doesn't necessary have to be race car, but to me part of Wheeljack's defining characteristics is that his robot mode was (even in the streamlined cartoon version)...'chunky'. The Binaltech Vette is very thin (minus the car parts dangling off here and there). It works for a character like Tracks, but Wheeljack to me has always been the type to have Popeye-like forearms and generally be a bit more built-up. I suppose if we can make the dangling car parts look more a part of his body (move them closer, for example), it might work, but from the pictures of Tracks, it doesn't look like you'll have the ability to do so.

BT09 Wheeljack ?!?

about

Tracks

are

offer

:D FYI people, do not expect to see a BT-09 Wheeljack. Seems Joel and the crew has fallen for a photo-chop showing Tracks as a Wheeljack repaint. The pic they saw was just a fan art and this news has been revealed on a couple of TF message boards. :ph34r: So no Wheeljack yet! Just wanted to warn everyone before they got too excited over a figure that does not exist! :rolleyes:

Melissa

BT09 Wheeljack ?!?

about

Tracks

are

offer

:D FYI people, do not expect to see a BT-09 Wheeljack. Seems Joel and the crew has fallen for a photo-chop showing Tracks as a Wheeljack repaint. The pic they saw was just a fan art and this news has been revealed on a couple of TF message boards. :ph34r: So no Wheeljack yet! Just wanted to warn everyone before they got too excited over a figure that does not exist! :rolleyes:

Melissa

Dammit :(

BT09 Wheeljack ?!?

about

Tracks

are

offer

Melissa

Yeah I saw that on TFW2005.

:blink:

BT09 Wheeljack ?!?

about

Tracks

are

offer

Melissa

Dammit :(

Good! Thank god Wheeljack isn't gonna be just another repaint!

Now, I do have my own gripe.  I still think it's a shame that the Decepticons are going to be nothing more than more repaints/slight resulpts of existing Autobots.  I just think it will look rather strange for a collection to have the good guys and the bad guys facing off and one side just looks like Bizarro-world versions of the other.  <_<

It'll be just like that trek episode, Mirror Mirror!!!! :lol:

Yes, and maybe they can put little mustaches and goatees on the Decepticons! :lol: I hope no one from Hasbro is reading this, wouldn't want to give them any ideas. :ph34r: