More HGUC goodness for Gundam 0080

bsu legato

Better still, they've announced the GM Command and Alex NT-1 for the HGUC lineup. All that's left is the Kampfer and Zaku FZ.

No, we still need the space-use GM Command, and the GM Sniper II, in addition to the Zaku II FZ and Kampfer.

Wasn't there already a space-use GM for the 0080 lineup? You do have me on the GM Sniper, though. I hang my head in shame for forgetting that one. :(

Actually I can't understand the need for people to give these things cammo paint jobs...realisticly if these mobile suits have that minversky partical thingy happening (or whatever it's called that screws with radar and such) then even radio comunications between units would be quite difficult (if not impossable...but hey they are shown communicateing all the time in the anime :p )...anyway without an easy way for communication between mobile suits and thier upport crews...well...it becomes difficult to tell the mecha on the battlefield apart...and much like the wild coloring of world war one aircraft...the mobile suits would need some sort of marking system for support crews to identify them quickly...

Old question, but I figured I'd answer it anyway...

Battlefield communication in Universal Century Gundam is dependant on two factors: the density of Minovsky particles and the proximity of mobile suits. If the Minovsky particles are too dense, communication can be impossible. However, if two mobile suits come into physical contact with each other, radio waves can vibrate between the suits' armor and allow clear communication regardless of Minovsky particle density (also it can't be intercepted by enemies).

Edited by ChrisG

Yeah, I don't get why they're skipping around the shows so much. Are they that worried about turning people away from HGUC with too many OYW kits at once?

This is probably the single longest run of HGUC kits from a single Gundam show. But since its 0080, I'm not going to complain.

Wasn't there already a space-use GM for the 0080 lineup? You do have me on the GM Sniper, though. I hang my head in shame for forgetting that one.  :(

In the original 0080 lineup, Bandai released both the ground and space variants of the GM Command. So far in the HGUC line, we've got the GM Cold Climate, with the ground use GM Command coming up soon.

Yeah, I don't get why they're skipping around the shows so much. Are they that worried about turning people away from HGUC with too many OYW kits at once?

Oh, hell no. Bandai knows people want these kits desperately. So what they do is string buyers along, releasing these guaranteed sellers as far apart as they can. For example, there's a reason why Bandai waited until the HG RX-78 mold was rendered unusable before they released the HGUC. There's also a reason why it's taken so long for the HGUC Zeta's release (which, by the way, is an extremely disappointing little kit; so much for my hopes of an updated Zeta to match the updated HGUC The-O). You'll get your 0079 retro-styled (blah) kits, but in due course.

Until then... Master Grades.

However, if two mobile suits come into physical contact with each other, radio waves can vibrate between the suits' armor and allow clear communication regardless of Minovsky particle density (also it can't be intercepted by enemies).

It has nothing to do with radio waves. When two objects touch, a medium is created for the transmission of sound waves. Given the lack of gravity in space's vacuum, the sound waves given by a person's speech vibrates their MS slightly, and those vibration waves carry over to the other MS, and is then heard by the other person. It's the same principle that a SWAT team's listening device will use; you stick a listening device on a window pane, and if there are people in the room, the window will vibrate due to the sound waves of the speakers' voices, and the listening device reads the vibrations to send sound back to the SWAT team.

Also, Minovsky particles affect long-range radar and radio. Radar usage and radio communications over short distances are still possible, though not perfect.

This is probably the single longest run of HGUC kits from a single Gundam show.

You can thank SEED for it. Bandai's flooded the Gundam market with SEED models and toys and everything else, and UC modelers had nothing to buy. So Bandai's revisiting a highly-desired subject; 0080.

Me, I'm still waiting for Bandai to release a HGUC GP02A. I don't want one, but I think there should be one.

In the original 0080 lineup, Bandai released both the ground and space variants of the GM Command. So far in the HGUC line, we've got the GM Cold Climate, with the ground use GM Command coming up soon.

You're right. I was thinking of that Master Grade "Space Use" GM Kai.

There's also a reason why it's taken so long for the HGUC Zeta's release (which, by the way, is an extremely disappointing little kit; so much for my hopes of an updated Zeta to match the updated HGUC The-O).

The new HGUC Zeta was a stinker? What was wrong with it? I was planning on getting one, and using my old HG kit for scap.

Hi Everybody.

I just bought the HGUC GELGOOG JAGER at Raibow 10.

The funny thing is , that I paid only 960 yenes for the model . And I know that the price , as listed at HLJ , is 1200 yenes .

I am not complainning about it . But if you want to buy one , here is the code at their site .

BANDAI HGUC45 1/144 MS-14JG GELGOOG JAGER

The new HGUC Zeta was a stinker? What was wrong with it? I was planning on getting one, and using my old HG kit for scap.

I'm sure that the HGUC Zeta is, from a technological and structural point of view, a very nice kit; well-constructed, even.

My problem with the HGUC Zeta is that its styling is so retro that it makes my retinas bleed.

I must have an HGUC NT-1. Looks just like the MG. Sweet.

OK, call me an "idiot" here, but what's the difference between the HGUC kits and the regular 1/144 kits?

About 15 years in mold-making technology. The original 0080 kits weren't bad, per se. But these new HGUC kits are light years ahead of the original kits. It's like comparing an old Tamiya armor kit from the 70's to today's offerings.

Edit: not to mention that some of the original 0080 kits suffered from slightly wonky proportions. Compare that picture of the HGUC Gelgoog Jaeger to the original kit and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by bsu legato

I just can't understand the fascination that Bandai has with itty bitty models.

1/100 is barely passable, but 1/144 is not even worth the time it takes to snip the pieces off of the sprue. Once it's done, you have a 4 inch model that you can't see unless you're right in front of it.

More PG's, down with HGUC and 1/144

1/100 is barely passable, but 1/144 is not even worth the time it takes to snip the pieces off of the sprue.  Once it's done, you have a 4 inch model that you can't see unless you're right in front of it.

Its the japanese way of doing things.

cheaper, smaller, more efficient, and breaks the second you touch it. :lol:

EDIT: spelling

Edited by renegadeleader1

Gotta KIV Japanese homes are pretty small. I like the details on 1/100, but the sheer size is prohibitive in shelf space.

1/144 are nice and compact, and new technologies means they are fairly tough. Not to mention they are affordable enough to literally have battalions of them running around.

EDIT: Bsu, sort of like that kit precisely because there's not much fan service. A bit expensive though. :)

Edited by Lynx7725

Speaking of MSG0080 goodies did any of you preordered this beautiful item  :

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BCL2343

What's wrong with her chest? It looks so.....normal. I thought those kits usually had D-cups and fanservice out the whazoo. :D

It looks good to me.

hitit.jpg

and yes I ripped this off much props to the guy who di it though :lol:

1/100 is barely passable, but 1/144 is not even worth the time it takes to snip the pieces off of the sprue. Once it's done, you have a 4 inch model that you can't see unless you're right in front of it.

Budget and space.

:D

Speaking of MSG0080 goodies did any of you preordered this beautiful item :

I admit I was very tempted when I saw it listed.

Speaking of MSG0080 goodies did any of you preordered this beautiful item  :

What's wrong with her chest? It looks so.....normal. I thought those kits usually had D-cups and fanservice out the whazoo. :D

It's a B-Club release, those crazy fan service proportioned sculpts are usually associated with specific sculptors whose kits are usually sold at conventions as exclusives since they are not affiliated with major GK shops.