NEON GENESIS EVANGELION - EVA-01 Toy Questions

sqidd

I never saw the show until recently when it came out on Netflix. I love it. I really dig the EVA-01 styling too. So naturally I went looking for toys.

I came across the Bandai Metal Build "pre order". And a Bandai Metal Build "Test Type" that seems to be available now. To my untrained eye they look like the same figure? Are they? Are they both the same size? I'm seeing reference to them being 220mm (8.66") tall. Any tips on this guy? Reviews seem good. It's kinda not big though. I'll probably only get one of these (famous last words) so I want to do this right. Any input form you experts? After that scroll down below for the next bit please.

s-l1600.jpg

Then there is the Medicom guy who is 390mm (15.7"). Oh man, this dude is a BEAST! I love the size. It doesn't look quite as trick as the Bandai one though. Keep scrolling please, more questions below......

medicom_rah_597_neo_evangelion_2.0_unit-

Are there any other ones I should be looking at? These two seem like the top dogs. Thanks guys!

The Medicom is much more like a 1/6 scale figure than a mecha toy. it's basically a bunch of molded plastic armor parts glued onto a rubber body suit that's stretched over a modified 1/6 figure body.  The Metal build is a lot more pose-able and comes with more accessories.

11 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

The Medicom is much more like a 1/6 scale figure than a mecha toy. it's basically a bunch of molded plastic armor parts glued onto a rubber body suit that's stretched over a modified 1/6 figure body.  The Metal build is a lot more pose-able and comes with more accessories.

I REALLY dig the Bandai. I LOVE the look. I wish it was a bit bigger though. Even if I had to pay for it. I'll probably get the Bandai.

Thanks for you input guys.

1 hour ago, Negotiator said:

Since you like the show don't forget to watch rebirth movies. 1. 2. & 3.( not on netflix)  4th will come one day.  Make sure to have watched end of Eva movie too on netflix.

Good call. I did some searching around on Google and found a list of what should be watched in what order. Time to get to work!:D

12 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Does the Medicom suck as much as the Perfect Grade Eva?