What Topics are allowed and not on MW

MacrossWorld is a place where Macross and anime fans in general can commune to chat about their favorite anime and related hobbies. This extends to toys, models, books, games and countless otehr merchandise. However, MW does offer more to the average anime fan. One can discuss a variety of animated shows and science fiction series.... but there's a catch.

One cannot discuss shows not only of cutesey nature but also garnered more towards girls. Unless this series/show features attractive girls that can be idolized, adorned. or simply rated on a "who's hotter" scale, our Moderator Roy Focker actually discourages discussions on such shows. Somehow these shows are not of high enough caliber for Macross World. At least by Roy Focker's attitude and his joking aside.

An example of this is the Rainbow Brite thread. A silly cutesy show aimed at little girls back in the 80s featuring color schemed chiildren. Unlike the Sailor Senshi of Sailor Moon the children here are all somewhat super deformed in nature and cute enough to make one puke. Yet, despite that this show had some fans and still does. Enough to warrant an ill fated short discussion int he anime and science fiction board.

Why is such a topic locked? Why is it discouraged? Did it embarrass Roy? Afterall, MW is primarily a boy's club and topics on anything regarding a girls' show tend to be mostly about the attractive female stars.

So my question is what is and isn't allowed on MW? What merits a topic to stay open? Will the Care Bears (as nauseating as they were) also be close dint he future? Or even shows like Hamtaro or anything "cutesey"? Shouldn't the posters at MW have a right to discuss these shows in a thread of they wish? Just asking after having a short PM convo with Roy and he could not supply a reasonable answer. I often wonder why the female populous on MW gets smaller and smaller with each passing year. Maybe because MW really wants to eb an all Boy's club by systematically but subtlely weeding out the topics that in reality only little girls would enjoy? If Raibow Brite isn't allowed then what else isn't?

Serious replies only as I'd like a straight answer on why I can put up with reading how many people would love to see Milla Jovovich nekkid but a single mod cannot tolerate one small thread on an insignifcant cartoon. Thank you.

Jemstone, Rainbow Brite fangirl since 1983.

So my question is what is and isn't allowed on MW? What merits a topic to stay open?

According to MacrossWorld's "rules" (I use this term lightly), the mods have the ability to make up the rules as they go along, and however they feel like it. What is taboo one day may be embraced the next. Questioning the mods actions is utterly fruitless. I am not bitter nor am I trying sound facetious, I'm just telling it like it is.

Rainbow Brite was on of the first cartoons I ever watched when I came to America! I thought it was cool then. Haven't seen it since though.

Like TheLoneWolf said, the rules change on a day to day basis. Personally I wouldn't have locked it. And Milla Jo-whatever isn't hot, IMO. Plenty of "hotter" women out there.

vinnie

Well, its not anime, but it is animated... I could see an argument either way.

That's exactly my point. Non-anime but animated topics pop up all the time. However, Roy's answer to why he locked was "It's Rainbow Brite". That's not an answer. When I proceeded to speculate on what his problem with "Rainbow Brite" he insulted me with the following:

"Your nuts you know that? Don't brother answering we both know the answer. I regret ever standing up for the biggest idiot that I've ever seen."

So I am now an idiot and nuts because I'm not buying his reason to kill a topic? Just because he's a moderator is now reason for me to shut up and bend over when the topic is legitimate by MW standards. The thread was closed because of his own personal taste and that is no excuse to kill a thread. Yes, we are all human and have our preferences (I can't stand Milla Jovovich and hurl at any topics surrounding her) but I can tolerate the stuff I dislike. Just because "Roy Focker" is a mod does not mean he's off the hook.

EDIT: Roy, I double dare you to lock this thread and even ban me for "speaking my mind" and being "nuts" about the locking of the Rainbow Brite topic. If you are what I am beginning to believe you are (a bitch boy hiding behind your modhip since you like throwing insults) you will most definately lock this or hide behind, MilkmanX and Max Jenius.

Edited by Jemstone

Hmmm....I dislike your Rainbow Brite-ism, but I defend your right to discuss and worship it. Fair enough?

Yes, and that's the way it should be. Before yesterday I would never have even dreamed of posting a Rainbow Brite topics or any of it's nature because in reality I don't care for those shows like I did 16 or so years ago. If some people want to discuss them then they should be free to since it is within the MW guideline. I efuse to accept "It's Rainbow Brite" as n answer when far more lamer topics have been permitted.

I'd like to know so that I know in advance not to post a "She-Ra" topic in the future.... <_<

Edited by Jemstone

I would have left it alone, it was a low traffic thread and it would have died once everyone who cared had put in their input. I do have to say with the exception of the Rainbow Brite thread there hasn't been a thread locking that I would have felt any different about.

Discussing this topic from "it is or isn't Scifi/anime" doesn't really work*, we have martial arts threads, a gun thread, an engrish thread, and even a WWE thread. None of which have anything to do with Anime or Sci-fi.

*I'll bring it up before anyone else does: the Schwarzenegger thread is a Sci-fi thread, he is the highest paid Sci-fi actor. I'd like to invite anyone who has a problem with it to rub baby oil on my balls.

The Rainbow Brite topic should've stayed open.

This is a prime example of a Mod locking a topic more through personal whim than adherence to MW's rules.

Although Rainbow Brite is lame, that's only my opinion. One I think that Mod Roy also shares. But I also agree that it fell bullseye in to rules for the forum, and that there was no "wiggle" space for Roy to justify the locking of the thread. It was simply shut down due to his dislike for Rainbow Brite.

Personally, I wouldn't have locked it because it was about Rainbow Brite, I would've locked it for lack of purpose. Only two real points were touched upon by Stargazer:

1)Does anyone remember Rainbow Brite? Obviously, anyone who would even respond in that thread, remembers Rainbow Brite.

2)He wanted to get a copy of some of the old shows. That could be much more effectively put in the "wanted" section.

Sci-Fi and other Anime has about 15 topics started everyday. It needs to be weeded of topics that aren't going anywhere. Had Stargazer started the exact same thread in "wanted", I'm pretty sure it never would've been touched by the mods.

Edited by tom64ss

*I'll bring it up before anyone else does: the Schwarzenegger thread is a Sci-fi thread, he is the highest paid Sci-fi actor. I'd like to invite anyone who has a problem with it to rub baby oil on my balls.

:lol: I agree, maybe thiers something personal going on, who knows?

OK let me play Devil's advocate because I could hardly care if it stayed open or not but I could somewhat understand why it would be locked.

Most of the members of this site is typically a fanboy by nature and as different as our opinions in many subjects maybe, we still all share a similarity in taste, such as cars, jets, anime and most likely, girls that carry huge swords or guns. While a thread about Milla Jovovich maybe tolerated, I doubt you can get away with starting a thread about someone like say, Hillary Duff or the Olsen Twins. If you think about it, with Japan's obsession with underaged sexed-up starlets, you could argue that this type of thread would be a related subject. But I doubt the site wants to attract that type of people that would enjoy this type of discussion. It may be that on the same note, if a Rainbow Brite was left open, then soon we'll see threads based on the Smurfs, the Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake(worst case scenario) and if any of these were locked then the person that opened them would cry out about why it was locked when it was totally OK for the Rainbow Brite to be left open and die out on it's own.

I don't know if that's close enough to a fair answer that you may be looking for Jem, but that's the only sense I could make out of it.

And yes, I'm probably the most guilty for fanning the Milla type discussion... but read my sig, I'm self admittedly shallow... :p

Good luck Jem.

>EXO

This was the forum that Rainbow Brite was posted in:

Other Anime or Science Fiction

Closest thing here to 'Off Topic'

From Megazone to Star Trek

Now some random stuff from the Rules and Regs.

Don’t:

1. Posting in the wrong forum.

Please don’t go off topic. If your post or topic is not about Macross then it can be considered off topic and can be deleted at anytime.

As a general rule we sometimes allows one or two semi off topics per forum. There is even forums more geared towards off topic subjects. Even these forums have their limits if a moderator feels that there is too many new topics they will randomly deleted some.

Rules of the board are subject to interpretation by the moderators and Administrators.

Those seem like plenty of legitmate reasons to me. I really shouldn't

say anymore than that.

===================================================

I apologize Rainbow Brite is true a master piece of science fiction in a style of Japanese anime. It is the Citizen Kane of all modern animation.

It's Rainbow Brite for pete's sake. Hamtaro was actually a topic once that stayed for a bit. Yeah it was "cutesey" too.

You're a real piece of work. What are you trying to prove. You send me this message accusing me of being sexist, because I closed a topic on Rainbow Brite and add a joke on the end when I closed it. I tell you that it was nothing of the sort and that your taking this way out of proportion. I'm then told by you that I really closed the topic because it was not macho enough for me. Like I think reading post from other men talking about something cute will turn us into dandies. So what do I do? I say what an idiot.

Why did I say that?

You're saying most ridiculous things I ever heard. Your making a Mountain over a Mole Hill named Rainbow Brite. No matter what I said you were going to twist it around with a large ammount of stupidity making it sound like I have a problem. You did once with my first reply.

I was no longer willing to the play that Game for you and I called you an idiot. Cause this game was about idiots. You have to be a idiot to believe what you twisted around.

Some more stuff from the Regs

2. The moderators delete and close topic because it’s their job. They are not thugs.

3. The moderators are not out to get you personally.

They (Moderators) know what’s best for the forums and sometimes it requires ruining the fun.

6. Don’t attack the moderators for doing their job. Asking for a reason why you were moderated is fine. If you don’t agree please refrain from attacking the moderators.

8. The moderators know all. They have been around and know most of the tricks of the trade. They have watched countless debates and topics go awry. They are not easily fooled. Don’t play games with them. Don’t argue with every judgement they make. Consider them a necessary evil.

You are trying to play a game. You decide that you're going to make me look stupid. Daring me to lock the thread and to ban you. No matter what I do or say I'm gonna look as stupid and as petty minded. Ah Jemstone was banned because she dared to speak out or Roy manhood couldn't deal with Rainbow Brite so he got rid of Jemstone. Others have tried a similiar things bringing their agrument to the public trying to look a like a victim and making the mod look mean bad, petty and stupid. No matter what I do you have already set up an enivorment in which I can't escape looking like at least one of those things. I'm dammed to look stupid and petty. Should I care about that? The worst place to be is on your bad side. Who knows what I did. I hope wasn't because all the times I actually spoke in your favor or all the times I listen to your legitmate complaints and took the right action, closing topics and send others a PM. Maybe I didn't agree once. Maybe it was because I warned you that last big fight you had with DR could of earned you a ticket out of here as well. Once someone is on your bad side woe is them. Your actions here have hardly been rash. When someone gets on your wrong side you become obessed with it.

Case in point another member called "XXXX" I agreeded that "XXXX" was up to no good but I never took the action that you wanted as soon as you wanted it. The reason the administration planned to do a mass banning anyways but needed to do a lot of prep work. Now I couldn't let you in on certain information. The only thing I could tell you was what I told others, tell me what "XXXX" did and don't try to handle it yourself.

Just before you sent a complaint to some higher than me you sent me this message.

======================================================

I'm at the end of my patience with XXXX. Nothing is working because he continues to flame me on the board and refuses to PM me about it. I came back to the HG License thread and found XXXX accusing me of attacking him. He quoted where I was talking to YYYY about how MW is percieved and how an exchange between XXXX and YYYY was an example (you remember from the VF-1R thread I told you about). Now I don't know why he was talking about me cuz I hadn't posted since yesterday morning but he was going around bad mouthing me AGAIN on page 57! I told him to PM me why he thinks I attacked him then but he did NOT. Instead of PMing me he says more crap ON THE BOARD. I'm out of patience. At this point I'm thinking of just hacking into the site (which is easier then Shawn realizes especially with MIT lab equipment) and just destroy the whole damn thing along with 'XXXX' acount! I'm that pissed to consider something so terrible!

=====================================================

After reading that I decided that you're irrationial maybe an idiot and isane. I mean daring to use the MIT lab equipment to hack in to Macross World and destroying everything just to get rid of someone who crossed you. That dare would been enough to get rid of you. I considered it just crazy talk but I saved that like most messages from you. Good thing I saved it. This game of your's was to make someone look stupid. Good work you've won.

And yes I'm closing this thread. I'm done with this game of your's. I leave it up to the hands of the administration if they are done with you.

B))