Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Sheesh.. actually you know, the exchange rate has hit the point where those really aren't bad prices.  Depending on what conversion fees and shipping you add on, 50k is about $315.

Between the separate purchases and shipping, I think I paid more than that for the VF-1S and strike packs separately back when I got them on the first release.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Only though a proxy, but yes. Mercari is just fine, but IIRC they won't ship internationally.

I saw that it says that it ships through buyee.jp. The prices include shipping, so I’m guessing thats local shipping, then you pay shipping to the US? I’ve never bought anything thru a proxy

2 hours ago, CzarAlko said:

I saw that it says that it ships through buyee.jp. The prices include shipping, so I’m guessing thats local shipping, then you pay shipping to the US? I’ve never bought anything thru a proxy

I think it's safe to assume that only domestic shipping is included. For something the size of a DX valk, that's usually pretty inexpensive. Buyee is a proxy service owned by Tenso, which is a well-known and reliable package forwarding service. There are other equally reliable proxy services like FromJapan (you can shop at multiple sites like Yahoo! Japan and Mercari through their site), but the fees among all of them are roughly the same. Proxy buys the item on your behalf (you pay up front), seller ships your item domestically to the proxy, then the proxy ships it internationally to you. You should be offered several shipping options (FedEx, DHL, EMS, Surface, etc.). Expect to pay a markup on the shipping plus one or more small fees for acquiring and processing the item. Those businesses are focused on acquiring and shipping things for international customers, so that is where they make their money. A few proxies have ridiculously high shipping prices (like Big In Japan), so avoid those, but the vast majority are "reasonable" when you factor in the reality that there's no other way to obtain the item you want. The web sites for the various proxies tend to be transparent about processing fees and shipping costs. Some even have shipping calculators.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, I guess they didn't feel like using Roy's 1S to advertise the packs?  Weird.

Also weird they're just ignoring Plus entirely there.  They don't have any DX releases from 7 (yet), but they didn't want to advertise the YF-21?

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Huh, I guess they didn't feel like using Roy's 1S to advertise the packs?  Weird.

Also weird they're just ignoring Plus entirely there.  They don't have any DX releases from 7 (yet), but they didn't want to advertise the YF-21?

Ja, Like lets show off what is already sold out, Instead of hinting what's coming!? Great marketing! 🤣

On 2/4/2024 at 11:58 PM, tekering said:

So don't sell to people in your area!  Sell online, where you can reach a much larger market for your toys.  I've made a decent profit on every Macross collectible I've sold.

I'm not dumb enough to store toys up there.  My attic is just for boxes.

storagebins.jpg.7d6c7cf67ecad19e6c02c9f68b0be989.jpg

My surplus DX Valkyries are stored outside. 😜

DXstorage.jpg.310f03baf513ef0e42dc22285bec0cc1.jpg

I made the mistake of storing my Yamato boxes in a storage unit in our parking garage, sealed up in a container like you have there. Moisture still got to them and ruined all the boxes.