20th Optimus Prime Masterpeice Trailer PICs

Mr.Sci-Fi

I must say that the group shot with the trailer is not mine. Nabbed it from that site that showed the convoy toy converting a toy trailer to fit himself: someone linked to it in the big Prime thread.

EDIT: Here's the link. First posted in the big thread by CF18.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/2614/s...w/MPconvoy.html

Here's a pic that shows how bot mode prime usually towers over the other autobots....

post-26-1073664438.jpg

Edited by Californium

LOL!!! I think 'sucks' pretty much sums it up. :lol::lol::lol:

To be fair, they never tried to pass if off as a trailer. Whoever took the picture just got creative. It doesn't really suck for what it intended to be...which is nothing more than a pretty picture to put behind Prime in the box. Saying it sucks as a trailer is like saying a pencil sucks as a baseball bat.

LOL!!!  I think 'sucks' pretty much sums it up.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

To be fair, they never tried to pass if off as a trailer. Whoever took the picture just got creative. It doesn't really suck for what it intended to be...which is nothing more than a pretty picture to put behind Prime in the box. Saying it sucks as a trailer is like saying a pencil sucks as a baseball bat.

Well, the fact is that it's the inside of Prime's trailer. Obviously Hasbro didn't intend for it to be attatched to the outside of Prime to be hauled around. Enjoy some humor, would ya? :rolleyes:

Hey, has this been mentioned before?

Seems that Hasbro's prime is battle damaged? As a matter of fact, he's sporting the same wound that proved to be fatal in TF The Movie.

Here they are side by side...

primes.jpg

And here's Hasbro's Prime in the box, unless Remy customized his...

20th_Prime01.jpg

As if the stubby smokestacks weren't enough, now your Hasbro Prime is also "moments before death" Prime.

:(

Edited by Mechamaniac

What's even worse, that fatal wound is actually on the wrong side. Which either means it's a similar but non-fatal wound Prime received at some earlier time, or this is actually Negative Universe Prime, thrown into our universe by a cataclysmic plasma explosion and forced to fight alongside his properly mirrored brother under threat of castration: a threat which, quite apparently, was carried out not once but twice. (Probably by Ratchet; we all know he’s into that sort of thing.)

:rolleyes:

post-26-1073756930.jpg

Wish I could bring my MP Prime into Wal-Mart to do comparisons... (I don't dare)

Why not? The greeter will give you a sticker that means you came in with it and nobody will give you any flak about it then. Locally we had a dude take an axe in to have a "discussion" with his wife and her boyfriend about cheating. When the police located him his bloody axe had the sticker on it.

*I in no way condone chopping your wife up with an axe btw

What's even worse, that fatal wound is actually on the wrong side.  Which either means it's a similar but non-fatal wound Prime received at some earlier time, or this is actually Negative Universe Prime, thrown into our universe by a cataclysmic plasma explosion and forced to fight alongside his properly mirrored brother under threat of castration: a threat which, quite apparently, was carried out not once but twice.  (Probably by Ratchet; we all know he’s into that sort of thing.)

:rolleyes:

If it was really that, he'd have a hole in his gut. The burn marks seem to correspond to where Megatron shot him him repeatedly, minus the one up by his head. These could just be random burn/smoke/dirt marks, more like weathering, or after a long day of kicking someone's ass.

I still like my pristine Takara version.

Still don't know why they would bother chopping the smokestacks. The things are even spring loaded to prevent breakage.

But if it can be found for in the in the $70's, and avoid shipping, I can see how some might migrate to that one instead, though the Takara is clearly the superior version.

Edited by Anubis

LOL!!!  I think 'sucks' pretty much sums it up.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well, the fact is that it's the inside of Prime's trailer. Obviously Hasbro didn't intend for it to be attatched to the outside of Prime to be hauled around. Enjoy some humor, would ya? :rolleyes:

No worries mate. I wasn't offended or anything like that. I didn't, however, realize you were joking though.

But if it can be found for in the in the $70's, and avoid shipping, I can see how some might migrate to that one instead, though the Takara is clearly the superior version.

He's going to be $59.99 at Target. For that low low price, there's no way I can justify paying the $100 or so for better smokestacks and a clean paint job.

Exo

Had to scan original art and resize it to fit the new ray trailer. Then I used double stick tape to mount the panels on. Also had to cut and drill the trailer's frame to heighten the wheels to be level with Prime. Even used the piece of plastic supplied with the card board trailer as a retro fitted hitch. That cardboard business is horrible. In the pic is the left overs of the original frame (black piece of plastic makes excellent shims).

Exo

Had to scan original art and resize it to fit the new ray trailer. Then I used double stick tape to mount the panels on. Also had to cut and drill the trailer's frame to heighten the wheels to be level with Prime. Even used the piece of plastic supplied with the card board trailer as a retro fitted hitch. That cardboard business is horrible. In the pic is the left overs of the original frame (black piece of plastic makes excellent shims).

For some reason I can't view your trailer pic.

• 3 weeks later...
Shuttle and trailer pics updated.

I put a trailer on ebay too.

Nice work! By the way, what is that shuttle toy from? I remember getting one at a garage sale when I was a kid but I never knew where it was from. I think it's still kicking around somewhere at my parents house.

Why the heck are you all going nuts over that silly trailer when the real treasure here is the custom MB Starbird Avenger...?! You people have no taste!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding, everyone! Mr Sci-Fi, great work on both! The Starbird Avenger was the toy I always wanted as a kid, and it looks great in those colours...!

Edit: Eriku, more information on the gorgeous Starbird Avenger can be found here:

http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Why the heck are you all going nuts over that silly trailer when the real treasure here is the custom MB Starbird Avenger...?! You people have no taste!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding, everyone! Mr Sci-Fi, great work on both! The Starbird Avenger was the toy I always wanted as a kid, and it looks great in those colours...!

Edit: Eriku, more information on the gorgeous Starbird Avenger can be found here:

I've already fallen for the starbird along time ago, I have three out of four of starbird toys stil MISB, not to count the numberous loose ones I have. I've even collected foreign market versions.

Thanks for the link! I had forgotten all about this toy until I saw Mr.Sci-Fi's custom. Mine was missing the gun turret when I got it and I always wondered what was supposed to go in that spot. I'll have to dig up the old Starbird next time I'm at my parent's house. B))

Thanks for the link! I had forgotten all about this toy until I saw Mr.Sci-Fi's custom. Mine was missing the gun turret when I got it and I always wondered what was supposed to go in that spot. I'll have to dig up the old Starbird next time I'm at my parent's house. B))

That's the most common lost part, the original design for them to stay in sucked. On my autobot shuttle repaint I'm going to add a little dish there. I still have to figure out what I'm going to put inplace of the small rear thrusters.

Another custom starbird of mine

starbirdsilverebay.jpg

Edited by Mr.Sci-Fi