Macross On RPN-9

Tommy Pickles

super dimensional fortress: macross (harmony gold english dub version)! 5:30pm daily M-F! hahaha!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=355

That`s Robotech:The Macross Saga! The RPN-Dubbed Version was shown every Sunday At 4:00 PM Right After Astroboy (1980 Version)

Did they ever show the other 2 (masters, invid)?

Bwahaha! Ngayon ko lang napansin, ang dami pala nating Pinoy todits! XD

It`s On GMA-7.

Yes,it`s on GMA-7.an Indonesian TV Station Aired The Complete Series (Robotech) Way Back in 1996.

Yes,it`s on GMA-7.an Indonesian TV Station Aired The Complete Series (Robotech) Way Back in 1996.

those were the days. lol

That`s Right! Additionally,ABS-CBN Has Aired Robotech:The Macross Saga Way Back In 1997 Since I`ve Watched It Back Then.

I don't think it was Robotech. Come on. I remember Minmay was named "Maria". Macross in RPN-9 (a TV channel in the Philippines) WAS DUBBED IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE BY FILIPINOS. Anyone else who remember it that way? Please step up!

Then the Robot-echh that everyone else knew was aired a few years after by another TV station.

I don't think it was Robotech. Come on. I remember Minmay was named "Maria". Macross in RPN-9 (a TV channel in the Philippines) WAS DUBBED IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE BY FILIPINOS. Anyone else who remember it that way? Please step up!

Then the Robot-echh that everyone else knew was aired a few years after by another TV station.

Yes.It Spawned A Famicom Video Game Adaption!

Edited by Tommy Pickles

yes i remember minmei's name was maria and hikaru's name was "ricky"?? way back when sdf macross was on ch 9...

alam ko magkakasunod yung astroboy..macross and thundersub every sunday ng hapon ;)

and robotech's invid invasion years after was aired on sunday mornings around 10 am gma 7. ;)

Edited by solitude1479

I taped most of the original air episodes of Robotech when it came out in the US, of course, after watching each episode I rewound and taped over it (d'oh). We went on vacation the week it switched from Macross to SouthernCross and I was completely confused for a while.

Oh wait!! HG is going to the well AGAIN??!! Haven't they milked that cow dry yet? :rolleyes:

hehehe nope, i don't think so. this is the first time they milked the cow back in the 80s.

although... they probably will try at some point, seeing as how they still protect the license aggressively, not to mention that failed kickstarter...

Present! I remember the first time Robotech was shown in the Philippines. And all my cousins were surprised when I shouted that's not Robotech, that's called Macross. They forgot that I've already watched it during our stay in Tokyo, years prior. But I can't remember that Minmay were called Maria. Hehehe. :D

I've been hearing about this dub of Macross for years. Since I'm not Filipino I never seen it but I want to even if the names aren't correct.

I have a few questions about it:

Did it share the opening theme song like HG's first Macross dub (the direct to video one) "Super Space Fortress Macross"? Y'know.."Super Space Fortress called Macross!"

Was the voice actors all Filipino or did it have the Intersound actors? Essentially, was it HG's dub that was for direct to video but for International market?

How come there's no Youtube or Veoh clips?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I remember the RPN-9 airing of the Pinoy-dubbed Macross. It was the first time that I saw (and fell in love with) Macross. If I remember correctly, this was the first time Macross was shown in the Philippines. The dub, op and closing credits were done by a Filipino company. The opening music was taken from the Harmony Gold english dub of the first few episodes of Macross (before they made it into Robotech), while the ending music was an original piece.

Ichijo was indeed named Ricky Hunter, while Minmay was named Maria Lynn. This was way before the Robotech series was shown in Channel 2. It was shown every Sunday in the afternoon (4 pm?).

Yes I remember the RPN-9 airing of the Pinoy-dubbed Macross. It was the first time that I saw (and fell in love with) Macross. If I remember correctly, this was the first time Macross was shown in the Philippines. The dub, op and closing credits were done by a Filipino company. The opening music was taken from the Harmony Gold english dub of the first few episodes of Macross (before they made it into Robotech), while the ending music was an original piece.

Ichijo was indeed named Ricky Hunter, while Minmay was named Maria Lynn. This was way before the Robotech series was shown in Channel 2. It was shown every Sunday in the afternoon (4 pm?).

that`s thursday mornings at 9 Am back In 1997!

@ solitude1479 - Yes I think he was called "Ricky". But I remember the show after Macross, was a "video game" "game show" where contestants try to beat a high score of the previous contestant with a chosen video game / arcade for that episode.

@ terry the lone wolf - Yes, they used the "Super space fortress CALLED MACROSS" song.

It was the RPN channel 9 English dubbed by Filipinos that came first.

Posted (edited)

The English dubbed version of this anime was the same one used in the 1991 eldran anime,raijin-oh w/c was aired on RPN-9 Back in 1995 and both Dragon Ball And Dragon Ball Z Has the same English dubbing as macross as well.

also,ms. Ethel Lizano was the English voice of hikaru’s superior,misa hayase (With the same Southern accent as Miss Bluma etc) and Richard Joson was the English voice of hikaru ichijo,right?

Edited by Tommy Pickles