Armored core

By the way...anyone ever notice the Karwasawa rifle looks exactly like that proton cannon(or whatever it was called) that made a short appearance in one of the Evangelion episodes? It's the one that wasn't finished, so they had to make that makeshift sniper rifle. :D

By the way...anyone ever notice the Karwasawa rifle looks exactly like that proton cannon(or whatever it was called) that made a short appearance in one of the Evangelion episodes? It's the one that wasn't finished, so they had to make that makeshift sniper rifle. :D

It does show up later on... in the episode Asuka fights that aerial Angel and goes insane. She fires a bunch of rounds with that weapon.

But its a shoulder weapon not hand.

Actually, the first time I ever saw that eva weapon, my first thought was Karasawa!

By the way...anyone ever notice the Karwasawa rifle looks exactly like that proton cannon(or whatever it was called) that made a short appearance in one of the Evangelion episodes? It's the one that wasn't finished, so they had to make that makeshift sniper rifle.  :D

Actually, the first time I ever saw that eva weapon, my first thought was Karasawa!

Yup...me too (the two do have very similar styling)...

Ok, I am so stuck right now I might as well ask advice here (the "real" AC boards seem so infantile compared to MW I wouldn't even attempt to post there).

I am finding it impossible to get the arm laser rifle on the "Defend Lawdas Factory."

I have read FAQs, I spend hours today trying out every AC/weapon combo I could think of. Still haven't even come close.

I can beat the mission OK, but with nowhere near 50% AP. Or I can use the resupply vehicles and finish with high AP, but this disqualifies you from winning the part. I have started to use high agility missiles on this mission, and they seem to work OK...but I can't manage to avoid getting blasted once or twice by the space cannon in the insanly long barrage.

Does anyone have any helpful advice, or hints?

I have 98% complete, and have acquired all the other secret parts. I don't know why this one is so hard for me.

• 6 years later...

Just seriously got into Kotobukiya AC kits

Really cool mecha designs with a different approach than Bandai's MGs.

I think too many unnecessary small pieces and paint apps that could be better but building them is a challenge

I used to play AC a heck of a lot on the PS1 back in the day, but for some reason I never got back into it when I bought my PS2.

Nowadays, the only games I play are on the PSP (mostly MAF then MUF).

Are there any good AC games for the PSP? And is there an English version?

Graham

The only one I've played is Formula Front. Sadly, that was a couple of years ago and I can't remember if it's any good (I'll have to dig it out and play it if I can pry myself away from Peace Walker). :p They also ported some of the PS2 games to the PSP in Japan, but I don't know how much English they have. If you have a modded PSP you can always just load the PS1 games on it too.

Just seriously got into Kotobukiya AC kits

Really cool mecha designs with a different approach than Bandai's MGs.

I think too many unnecessary small pieces and paint apps that could be better but building them is a challenge

Koto's Armored Core kits are among the best IP mecha kits of today. The part count will drive you insane, but the finished kit is totally worth it.

Here's the Aaliyah I built in 2008:

2467101689_175f7549bf.jpg

More here: http://www.romansland.de/art/armored_core/index.html

I just finished building the White Glint with Booster movie version.

What a wonderfull Kit. The Stand is really nice. It has that Bandai HD paint job and the only from what I have that has decals. Now to find the gray panel line marker.

I also finished the Rayleonard Kapachar version. Nice kit but you need a lot of glue.

Normally it now takes me between 3 to 4 hours to build a MG Bandai Gundam kit these take much longer.

Pieces that really should be separate parts are and are so small you need a good pair of reverse pressure tweezers and a lot of patience for example the White Glint took me 4 days. Not total time but about 3 hours a day because after building the core or other parts your pretty exhausted. The Kapachar kit took longer cause I found out that pieces needed to be glued in order to stay together.

Overall these are beautiful Mechs. I would place these as a close second to the FSS mecha in terms of esthetics.

I just recieved the

Unsung

Crest Delta, Dual face and mirage version

Still waiting for my Nineball and after the second time I guess I need to escalate to a claim on cmb-tradeltd since i have never gotten this after a month. Its getting harder and harder to trust ebay sellers.

Hopefully I get the crest facinator i ordered soon.

Pics to come.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished building the White Glint with Booster movie version.

What a wonderfull Kit. The Stand is really nice. It has that Bandai HD paint job and the only from what I have that has decals. Now to find the gray panel line marker.

I also finished the Rayleonard Kapachar version. Nice kit but you need a lot of glue.

Normally it now takes me between 3 to 4 hours to build a MG Bandai Gundam kit these take much longer.

Pieces that really should be separate parts are and are so small you need a good pair of reverse pressure tweezers and a lot of patience for example the White Glint took me 4 days. Not total time but about 3 hours a day because after building the core or other parts your pretty exhausted. The Kapachar kit took longer cause I found out that pieces needed to be glued in order to stay together.

Overall these are beautiful Mechs. I would place these as a close second to the FSS mecha in terms of esthetics.

I just recieved the

Unsung

Crest Delta, Dual face and mirage version

Still waiting for my Nineball and after the second time I guess I need to escalate to a claim on cmb-tradeltd since i have never gotten this after a month. Its getting harder and harder to trust ebay sellers.

Hopefully I get the crest facinator i ordered soon.

Pics to come.

Sigh these are exhausting to build paint and detail

DSC04424.jpg

DSC04423.jpg

DSC04372.jpg

DSC04368.jpg

DSC04367.jpg

DSC04365.jpg

DSC04364.jpg

DSC04363.jpg

Im Still not finished with my Telus unit and Im turning it into a version ka