Recent experiences at Nippon-Yasan?

bforbryan

SAL stands for Surface air Luggage.

Bassically it goes Surface to an International Airport, where it gets shipped when it fits into the airmail container, arrives at an international airport from there it is again surface to destination.

Fast if shipper and destination are close to an international hub like tokyo-los Angeles.

EMS is Express Mail Service and has a higher priority than AirMail, hence it usually gets to the destination within 2-5 days, including customs as the details are on the EMS form.

HTH.

Edited by CrazyDude

SAL, or Surface Air Lifted, is a postal service used to send international mail items. Thirty-nine postal authorities provide this service.[1] It is a cost effective international mail. At first SAL mail is processed and transported by surface in the origin country. Then it is transported by air to the destination country and finally processed and delivered as standard-type mail by the destination postal administration.[2][3] The service is faster than surface mail while the cost is lower than air mail.[2] SAL is more economical for sending heavy items; with light items, it sometimes costs more than air mail.[4]

from wiki.

Hi guys I need some help. I accidentally selected ferry instead of EMS and I want to change my order to EMS. How do I do it?

Email/contact them via the order in question on their website (log onto your account) to request the change in shipping option.

-b.

Just asked them about their new ticketing system and live chat 'tawk' and it seems they're a bit more consistent with when their live chat is up, and with the new system, they're going to be better at getting back to people...however, as stated by Lorindor, there doesn't seem to be any change to their order shipping methods etc

When I tried to change shipping method for a preorder at NY recently, they said they couldn't do it and I had to cancel the order and make a new one.

I guess I am stuck with a 3 month shipping time because it's out of stock for a pre order and they are not answering my email

Apparently, they can't change order details. You will need to ask for cancellation and re-order to change new shipping methods, split items etc.

If the item in the order you want amended is sold out or the price has increased, then you're out of luck.

Edited by IXTL

I chose ferry shipping for my VF-19P during the great panic buy since I wanted to save on shipping and come under this level for when I have to pay extra taxes in my country. However, three months are a long time... I would not do it again. But try to think positive, you at least got cheap shipping. :)

Apparently, they can't change order details. You will need to ask for cancellation and re-order to change new shipping methods, split items etc.

If the item in the order you want amended is sold out or the price has increased, then you're out of luck.

Dang, that's pretty horrible. Sorry for the incorrect information, I honestly thought that they'd be able to accommodate something as simple as changing shipping options.

-b.

That's ok Kaneda, it's weird that they have not answered my email or Facebook messages either. I guess I am stuck with super slow shipment

Good point Lorindor I can be patient since I have no room on my shelf anyways lol

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

Actually, looks like they're now able to edit orders. I accidentally preordered 2 YF-25's and asked them to cancel the order since I only need one. Never got a response but when I go to my order page, I see that it's been changed to one.