Finally, Escaflowne arrives in US

CID

Sorry for the quality of this pic, but the instructions are indeed bilingual.

Still trying to figure out this thing. Once I have him set up right I'll put some pics up unless someone beats me to it.

post-26-1072152405_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

OK, got it in Dragon mode. Not a horribly complex transformation, though contrary to what the instructions say (maybe this was what Graham was referring to?) I would take the cape off first. That step doesn't come till after you change the legs. It gets in the way that way. The toy feels sturdy, like I could transform it several times with no parts stressing. The only thing I could see happen is the knees stressing in dragon mode over time. Without the stand it will not stand on its own.

post-26-1072155265_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Back to Guymelef mode. Looks great. Due to the nature of the legs, and the cape dragging the shoulders, it is not very posable, but is an awesome display piece.

post-26-1072157373_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

I want one but that commercialized tradition of giving presents for X-mas prevents me from getting my grubby hands on one! :p:p

I'm wondering whether you can make the wings sweep behind in dragon mode like the tv series.

Can't wait to get mine from Kev.

You can swoop them back pretty far actually. Not straight back, but a fair distance.

Yamato's Escaflowne is out.

Buy two and keep one in each mode. You never want to transform it back to robot. Jeez.

Think of the vf-19 except even more fragile and top-heavy.

I sweated while I transformed it to dragon. Just like I did when I got my first 19.

But the final product is beautiful in both modes, just don't ever move it or pose it or take it off the shelf.

The box is really ugly. It looks like it was designed at the last minute.

$60 at Imageanime.

post-4-1072492129.jpg

I put a bunch of pics on this existing thread already, too.

Edited by Anubis

I think it looks pretty sweet. Especially for only 50 bucks from Tam or Kevin. It's a bargain.

I wonder why Yamato would produce such ugly mech apart from the 1/48 valkyrie. eeewww :o

Good question. Is Yamato releasing any other Escaflowne figures? Personally. I think it'd rock if they obtained the GITS:SAC license........I'd kill for a figure of the Major and Tachikoma. :ph34r:

I wonder why Yamato would produce such ugly mech apart from the 1/48 valkyrie. eeewww  :o

Good question. Is Yamato releasing any other Escaflowne figures? Personally. I think it'd rock if they obtained the GITS:SAC license........I'd kill for a figure of the Major and Tachikoma. :ph34r:

That might largely depend on how well the Escaflowne sells. If it pulls large numbers, Yamato might be enticed to make more Escaflowne figures. And without the complex transformation mechanism the Escaflowne has, the other guymelefs could made for cheaper. Even the Alseides, which only has a simple transformation for the lower half for flight mode)

So if you want more Escaflowne goodness, keep buying more Escaflowne's people.

My only minor quibble with it is that I wish it was a cloth cape. The wings' material in dragon mode is fine, but the cloak weighs down the shoulders in Guymelef mode being plastic like that.

Edited by Anubis

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be getting mine on Wed at the Comic Book Shoppe on Bank Street in Ottawa for $55. Anybody who lives in Ottawa, you might want to show up early on Wed to get your figure.

Personally, I think $55 Canadian is a downright steal.

FYI, if you're wondering why I'm abreviating Wed, it's because I can't spell the word for the life of me.

I'll be getting mine on Wed at the Comic Book Shoppe on Bank Street in Ottawa for $55. Anybody who lives in Ottawa, you might want to show up early on Wed to get your figure.

Personally, I think $55 Canadian is a downright steal.

FYI, if you're wondering why I'm abreviating Wed, it's because I can't spell the word for the life of me.

Is that all they're asking? That's fantastic! I'll definitely pick up one of these fellas for that price.