1/48 VF1-J FP (Hikaru TV ver)

aarbain

With the FPs on, how do you get them to stay upright in battroid mode? Mine keep falling back.

Another thing, is concerning the leg booster rockets (on the side of the leg). Can the panel be removed to expose the engines? I noticed that some have have posted pictures on this. Is it a custom job or a standard feature?

Thanks for the help.

~~A~~

With the FPs on, how do you get them to stay upright in battroid mode? Mine keep falling back.

Another thing, is concerning the leg booster rockets (on the side of the leg). Can the panel be removed to expose the engines? I noticed that some have have posted pictures on this. Is it a custom job or a standard feature?

Thanks for the help.

~~A~~

Can't help you with the faling part and the boosters cover are capable of opening, it is a standard thing added ;)

Hi aarbain

Hey congrats on the Hikaru + FP. I am still waiting for mine to come... :(

I only know that the FP which is sold separately from the normal 1/48 Valk (the yellow box one) can be opened to reveal the inner build (this includes the leg amour). I think the pics that you saw are the FPs which are purchased separately. Not sure about the VF-1J Super Valk though...

1) Make sure the back hatch is pushed all the way down past the two stops (small tabs) to the left and right. You will hear a click as you do this. The back hatch should no longer be at the same level with, i.e. no longer flush with the main back plate.

2) On the rear of the back hatch, there is a small swing arm. Rotate this arm 270 degrees and lock it to the top of the backpack.

3) In the FAST Pack set, there is a white piece that fits behind the Battroids head/neck area. This piece fits over the top of the back hatch and helps lock it in place to prevent it unlocking due to the weight of the FAST packs.

Not the clearest of explanations, but I hope you can make sense of it.

Graham

i have several problems on my VF1JFP as well :

1/ fast pack rockets launchers (the one on the back attached to the engine fast packs) can't stay in position. It falls. I think I'm going to glue it on the engine. Anyway, it's not supposed to be removed.

2/ mini-rockets (in the fast pack as well) won't stay in position. Too loose. Going to glue them too

3/ the air break behind the canopy opens itself in battroid position. I had to put some tape (small piece).

4/ some spaces between chest and back plates in fighter mode (/w FP or /wout FP). And near the left air inlet.

5/ the "big hands" want to leave the toy too easily.

6/ the piece of plastic to fill the hole behind battroid head doesnt stay in position. It tends to pop out easily.

7/ in fighter mode with fast packs attached, the arms won't stay in position. The "fall"

8/ I CAN'T ATTACH THE GUN TO RIGHT FOREARM AT ALL. WON'T STAY A SINGLE SECOND. It stays on the FP arm though. Strange.

not a big deal though. I don't play with the "toy" so pieces stay in place. But it wouldn't be a good toy for a 10 years old boy. All those problems make me think it's not a TOY but a MODEL that can be transformed. GLUE EVERY THING !!

i have several problems on my VF1JFP as well :

1/ fast pack rockets launchers (the one on the back attached to the engine fast packs) can't stay in position. It falls. I think I'm going to glue it on the engine. Anyway, it's not supposed to be removed.

2/ mini-rockets (in the fast pack as well) won't stay in position. Too loose. Going to glue them too

3/ the air break behind the canopy opens itself in battroid position. I had to put some tape (small piece).

4/ some spaces between chest and back plates in fighter mode (/w FP or /wout FP). And near the left air inlet.

5/ the "big hands" want to leave the toy too easily.

6/ the piece of plastic to fill the hole behind battroid head doesnt stay in position. It tends to pop out easily.

7/ in fighter mode with fast packs attached, the arms won't stay in position. The "fall"

8/ I CAN'T ATTACH THE GUN TO RIGHT FOREARM AT ALL. WON'T STAY A SINGLE SECOND. It stays on the FP arm though. Strange.

not a big deal though. I don't play with the "toy" so pieces stay in place. But it wouldn't be a good toy for a 10 years old boy. All those problems make me think it's not a TOY but a MODEL that can be transformed. GLUE EVERY THING !!

Problem 1, 2, & 5 can be shimmed with pieces of paper. It's alot less permanant than glue. (1 VF-1 2NV Tip) ;)

The plate with the tab (the same plate that has the 2 antennas) has to be pushed inside the backplate. It's pushed more than in fighter mode. Then it stays in position (at least in mine). Then you put the removeable piece of plastic behind the neck to fill the hole.

I have the vf-1a Low Visibility with Fast Pack. That white Clip that comes with the Fast Pack just doesn't wanna' clip on! I've forced it and forced it but I don't think the Low Vis version is compatible with the white clip.

It worked for mine. U sure u're doing it right?

Problem 1, 2, & 5 can be shimmed with pieces of paper. It's alot less permanant than glue. (1 VF-1 2NV Tip) ;)

hum thanks lots of THICK pieces of paper.

I used regular printer paper for the micro missles and it worked great. I just had to cut them really small to shim in there because any thicker would make them fall off just as easily. It's a bit of work, but it beats my original plan, which was to use Elmers.

As far as the arms falling down in fighter, they all, more or less do that. It's just too much weight for those little pegs. The only way to deal with it is to pick it up pinching the legs together. (Personally, I don't think it should ever be picked up by the backpack part of the FP. That backpack hinge is over stressed as it is.) What's Hikaru's 1J doing with FP's anyways? :p

Edited by tom64ss

where can i buy those (in France

Elmer's is just a white crafting glue that you should be able to find anywhere (or at least it's equilvalent). It's the glue that a lot of snot-nosed kindergarten age kids think is yummy.

I also used it on my single micro missles, and it works great.

have the vf-1a Low Visibility with Fast Pack. That white Clip that comes with the Fast Pack just doesn't wanna' clip on! I've forced it and forced it but I don't think the Low Vis version is compatible with the white clip.

Heheh. The low vis is from the same mold type as all the other vf's dude....it'll work.

This backpack thing seems to be a major issue for people....I don't understand why. I knew instantly how to make this work when I got my 1st set of FP's

NoSuchFile, how do you open the coverings on the leg boosters?

~~A~~

You may need to wait two or three weeks before I can answear that one, still haven't got any FP...yet <_< You better ask someone with a little more experience on that one :unsure:

Pretty simple, grab the green outter shell and pry it off. There is sort of a lip that curves around the inside, so prying that a bit as you pull might also help. Be careful that you don't scuff/scratch/hurt the little nozzles as the "shell" comes off.

H

Elmer's is just a white crafting glue that you should be able to find anywhere (or at least it's equilvalent). It's the glue that a lot of snot-nosed kindergarten age kids think is yummy.

oh yeah. Children white paper glue. It's supposed to be eaten without problem. I see what it is. I will buy it tomorrow. Thanks for explaining.

Still I have to glue the fast pack micro missile holder on the FP back pack engines. They are falling all the time.

Modeler glue shall be good because it's not supposed to be removed anyway. The grey micro missile cover is ok though.