How many of you have/had a military background?

91WhiskeyM6

USN, HospitalCorpsman, Medical Lab Technician. Currently AD in Lemoore,CA ,w/ 8yrs under my belt. Sometimes hate'n it, but generally still game to be in. :lol:

Travelled to wonderful places(ie: Iwakuni,JP) but haven't done any bust-a-hump-stuff. Nature of my job kinda precludes it.

Wouldn't mind goin green for a bit, though. Keep my gangly butt hard & tuned.

Vesp

USN, HospitalCorpsman, Medical Lab Technician. Currently AD in Lemoore,CA ,w/ 8yrs under my belt. Sometimes hate'n it, but generally still game to be in. :lol:

Travelled to wonderful places(ie: Iwakuni,JP) but haven't done any bust-a-hump-stuff. Nature of my job kinda precludes it.

Wouldn't mind goin green for a bit, though. Keep my gangly butt hard & tuned.

Vesp

Man you're a Doc too! That's too cool! I served for 6 years most of it in asia...I highly recommend going green. you get to see all kinds of stuff you would never see working in a hospital. Plus you advance faster as well and get to do more medical procedures the works!

Rob MN

Army - 1989-1994 Active (05/98H)

Army Nasty Guard - 1994 - 1997 (95B) - Worst mistake I ever made. Don't ever go from the high speed, low drag world of active military service, to the ate up, low speed, Nasty Guard. Nothing like having some tool who has never been on active duty trying to bark orders like he's GunE Hartman. Although it is kind of funny to see the dudes who have only been nasty guard get all uptight when those of us who were in the real military tell them to go F themselves.

Edited by Mechamaniac

Active duty US Marine. Joined in 1993 and still going with a one year gap as a civilian in 1999-2000...long story, basically I'm a retread.

Just like any type of living it's great at times and it has it's moments of, "What the hell was I thinking?"

Semper Fidelis!

Marine Corp. , ten years (1989-1999) MOS-0411/3043/Recruiter/MSG.

Any young bucks out their, I recommend going USMC. Best experience you will ever have. Even if you are 31, Marine Corp can waiver you in. Pay sucks, education is not as great as other services, but you can't put a price on Pride. If you have any questions about joining, pm me, I can answer any question you have.

Warmaker, where yah stationed, I bet we came across each other somewhere.

Edited by Mechwarrior

Air Force 1998-2002

I worked in Aircrew Egress Systems. I worked F-16's and A-10's. Inspected the seats and ballistic system, time changed explosives, and took the seats out everytime a crewchief or someone lost a screw in the cockpit. Since there are two canopy remover rockets and detonation lines on the F-16's canopy we got to work those too, down to changing the glass when the laminate or whatever the hell it was would start to peel.

Spent a couple of years at Hill AFB in Utah. 3 squadrons of 16's there. Got to go TDY to Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, Tyndall AFB in Panama City, Cold Lake AB in Canada, and Al Jaber AB in Kuwait while I was at Hill.

I spent my last year at Osan AB, South Korea. 1 squadron of F-16's and 1 of A-10's there.

It wasn't a bad experience, but not for me past the four years. I have considered guard or reserve on occasion, but not a distraction I need at this point. School and full time work is enough. Occasionally I do miss the flightline though. Just not in winter.

Ex-jarhead too. 1996-2000, MOS was microwave radio operator---spent two years in Oki and also did 2 1/2 months in Thailand for Cobra Gold back in 97...good times... then pretty much pushed paper the last two years at Pendelton--- at least I learned a lot of stuff---yeah right!

Got out because I realized I liked sleep too much... :p:p

Ex-Army Ranger/ Pathfinder. S.Sgt. I was awarded a CIB for my participation in Desert Storm with the 101st. I got booted on a medical in 1995 after I destroyed my knee on a practice jump.<_< (My left leg is actually crooked now :( )