30th 1J question - was it a low run?

sreichma

I bought one on preorder when it was first announced but I've noticed since then, they are nowhere. The 30th 1s's and even the Cavaliers are around but the 1J is just gone. Anyone have any insight? I'm not looking, I have one, I'm just curious about the rarity of seeing it posted for sale. I saw one on here recently but other than that, the 1J is a phantom.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I bought one on preorder when it was first announced but I've noticed since then, they are nowhere. The 30th 1s's and even the Cavaliers are around but the 1J is just gone. Anyone have any insight? I'm not looking, I have one, I'm just curious about the rarity of seeing it posted for sale. I saw one on here recently but other than that, the 1J is a phantom.

the vf-1s tv and hikaru's w/ options had a low run, as well as the vf-1d trainer w/ option parts.

i imagine all had the same run but the dyrl roy and hikaru vf-1s. stayed around longer bc everyone prob nabbed one during the 2nd release with the little flashlights and this was their third re-release.

the dyrl vf-1a cannon fodder is still around bc it's not popular and the cav was also slow to sell.

(the ve-1 sold well except ones sold by those chinese ebay ers (like estertool who still has a few as well as a few vf-1d w/ option parts w/ scalpers pricing) and nippon yasan had a few.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I would have to agree with the assumption that it had a low run considering how many releases the 1J has had... Aside from the initial stndalone and SS set, there were 2 releases for the GBP set, 1st release was old crotch and 2nd release with new ones, 2 reissues (i think) for the standalone... there was also the standalone grey goggles and a weathering version (that's a lot of 1Js!)... Yamato probably just put their remaining stock in 30th anniv. boxes and packed them with option parts.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Guest davidwhangchoi

I see them around from time to time. Mine is currently in route from Japan. I haven't gotten a tracking update in 6 days though so I'm a bit worried.

Gakken, you were a hawk and grabbed that one from mandarake for 140 in a flash! lol which was a used (opened) trade in. (but i guarantee it'll look like new from mandarake)

these are hard to come by normally. and normally wouldn't see the option part version at that price (lucky dog!)

(i actually passed on that and the vf-1s max right next to it as i had three vf-1j hikaru's {one anniversary, two grey goggles} at the time and just sold of my max vf-1s)

I don't see the cavalier anywere

yeah, it's gone now at normal prices. but they didn't sell out fast but once they did, the prices went up.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I don't think it was as low a run as the VF-1D. That was low if the only 1 per customer rule on every website was any indication. With the rest of the 30th anniversaries you could have ordered up to 3, even the VE-1.

Gakken, you were a hawk and grabbed that one from mandarake for 140 in a flash! lol which was a used (opened) trade in. (but i guarantee it'll look like new from mandarake)

these are hard to come by normally. and normally wouldn't see the option part version at that price (lucky dog!)

(i actually passed on that and the vf-1s max right next to it as i had three vf-1j hikaru's {one anniversary, two grey goggles} at the time and just sold of my max vf-1s)

yeah, it's gone now at normal prices. but they didn't sell out fast but once they did, the prices went up.

It was $130. haha and I'd been looking at buying one for a week or two.

Edited by Gakken85