Brittle Plastic on Darker VF-1

Astralith

I've owned an Alto VF-25 renewal and Hikaru VF-1J v2.0 for about a year now.

Love them... No issues.

I just bought a 30th Ann Hikaru VF-1S and its FALLING APART!!!

Little tabs are shearing off. A missile hard point came off. The leg swing bar doesn't "click" in and just falls out the door in Battroid mode so I can't transform it right!!!

Since I actetone welded the hard point on the seller won't refund my $190(ish) or exchange it. I'm so mad I feel I have to stop collecting to avoid gambling my money on Yamato stuff.

Is the the darker VF-1 line (which strangly feels a gram heavier) made of a brittle ABS plastic as opposed to my bright white and sturdy VF-1J?

I have two dozen V2 VF-1 including several 30th Anniversary releases and apart from the well-documented issues with the shoulder hinges on the early releases, I've had no other problems, they are as sturdy as hell.

Graham

Guest davidwhangchoi

I've owned an Alto VF-25 renewal and Hikaru VF-1J v2.0 for about a year now.

Love them... No issues.

I just bought a 30th Ann Hikaru VF-1S and its FALLING APART!!!

Little tabs are shearing off. A missile hard point came off. The leg swing bar doesn't "click" in and just falls out the door in Battroid mode so I can't transform it right!!!

Since I actetone welded the hard point on the seller won't refund my $190(ish) or exchange it. I'm so mad I feel I have to stop collecting to avoid gambling my money on Yamato stuff.

Is the the darker VF-1 line (which strangly feels a gram heavier) made of a brittle ABS plastic as opposed to my bright white and sturdy VF-1J?

sorry to hear bout your troubles.

i had a missile hard point crumble off a vf-1s roy super and strike set first run brought way back (disclosed in a sale to another MW'er.)

the missile was second time in use when it happened and the hard point just crumbled off. it never happened on any of the other sets i own, so it could be just an rare isolated issue.

(you may already know this but in case: i read that a lot of missile hard points break off from users trying to take them off w/ brute force without sliding them left to the entry point

edit: here's a quote from jenius' anymoon blog "...people have broken the hard points on the wings. As mentioned earlier, they require a twist and it seems like that twist might actually cause the missile to shave away at the plastic OR users not twisting far enough are yanking a bit of the plastic off. Either way, be conscious of what you’re doing when applying and removing the missiles.")

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4599

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Which "little tabs" are shearing off? swing bar mechanism may be different from your vf-1j if your 1j is an earlier build. The newer ones should be easier to do/transform though. Never heard of any not tabbing in. I personally have over a dozen vf-1's and thats never been a problem ( i have "darker" DYRL ones as well as bright white TV valks).

my 1stEd. -1S Focker DYRL has been giving me issues, but my later new-hiplock design edition -1J Hikaru T.V. as been rugged as hell.

sure hope ARCADIA tosses out a new run of Focker 1S in T.V. white or DYRL lt. gray,

as i'm thinking i really need to replace my ailing 1stEd. before it gets any worse... :(