New Megaman Compilations

mikeszekely

Okay, since we got started talking about it again OT, I decided to start a new topic with fresh updates.

First, the Megaman Anniversary Collection will be released on February 24th, 2004. Capcom is taking pre-orders for it online. Here's the link for the PS2 version. Basically, what we've heard so far is that it will contain Megaman 1-8, plus the two arcade games, and lots of bonus material. It has been reported that the Navi modes from the Japanese PSone releases of Megaman 1-6 with new life bars, weapon select screens, hints from Megaman characters, and remixed music will be included in the collection. We have not heard if the version of Megaman 8 will be the PSone version, or the Saturn version. (The Saturn version featured a few extra, classic bosses.) A Gamecube version of this excellent collection is also supposed to be available.

A new suprise is that Capcom will be releasing a second collection, called Megaman Mania. This collection, for the GBA, looks like it will be a compilation of the five original Megaman Gameboy games. From the screenshots, it looks like they still look like 8-bit graphics, but they've been re-colored to look more like the NES. This collection is worth it for Megaman V, in my opinion. While the first four Megaman games on Gameboy had re-hashed bosses, Megaman V was one of the rarest and most original classic Megaman games to come down the pipe in awhile. Capcom is also taking pre-orders for Megaman Mania here. It will be out in late March.

So still no word on the X games? :(

No word yet... but remember, we vote with our dollars. With the announcement of the GBA compilation, we know that Capcom is definately interested in making Megaman compilations. If the Megaman Anniversary Collection (especially) and the Megaman Mania games sell well enough, Capcom might give us another compilations. Personally, I'd like to see Megaman X1-X6, plus Megaman Soccer and Megaman Battle and Chase. Then maybe another GBA compilation with Xtreme and Xtreme 2, plus the Wily Tower levels from the Megadrive collection and Rockboard. That would leave us with just the Wonderswan version of Rockman and Forte plus Super Adventure Rockman unaccounted for. I wouldn't hold my breath on SAR, and trust me, you don't want the Wonderswan Rockman and Forte.

Oh, and Abombz... I'm with you on Megaman II. I think it and V were the best on the Gameboy. Dr. Wily's Revenge was too cheap, and III was kind of boring. I assume IV wasn't too exciting either, because I don't even remember it. But Megaman Mania is definately worth it for V, and I'll take I-IV as bonus.

They could've worked alittle on the box art. Seriously... why can't they have japanese art instead of the cheap carppy american art? <_<

And as for the American collection.... I would seriously ditch the 2 cartoon Megaman episodes for anything. Heck.... I would love some still art galery instead of that bad bad cartoon.

I'm still going to get the GC version though. I know the PS2 version is probably going to have some really bad loading times. I just hope the emulation is good. I'm burned with SNES games that make poor PS ports. And I seriously hope they didn't pussyfied Megaman I. That game was an awsome challenge, and I hope they keep it as is.

They could've worked alittle on the box art. Seriously... why can't they have japanese art instead of the cheap carppy american art? <_<

And as for the American collection.... I would seriously ditch the 2 cartoon Megaman episodes for anything. Heck.... I would love some still art galery instead of that bad bad cartoon.

I'm still going to get the GC version though. I know the PS2 version is probably going to have some really bad loading times. I just hope the emulation is good. I'm burned with SNES games that make poor PS ports. And I seriously hope they didn't pussyfied Megaman I. That game was an awsome challenge, and I hope they keep it as is.

Yes, the Megaman cartoon did suck, and so does the box art... but that's part of Megaman's history...

As far as I know, the Navi modes are supposed to be easier in general. The regular modes should be same as we remember, except they'll have saves instead of passwords.

I'm actually hoping that they're the same right down to the little things... like rapidly pausing to get multiple hits off the elec beam, constantly re-opening the weapon select screen to get infinite metal blades in Megaman 2, the high jump trick in Megaman 3...

Yes, the Megaman cartoon did suck, and so does the box art... but that's part of Megaman's history...

As far as I know, the Navi modes are supposed to be easier in general. The regular modes should be same as we remember, except they'll have saves instead of passwords.

I'm actually hoping that they're the same right down to the little things... like rapidly pausing to get multiple hits off the elec beam, constantly re-opening the weapon select screen to get infinite metal blades in Megaman 2, the high jump trick in Megaman 3...

Tricks, Tricks and more Tricks!

Way to cheapen the Megaman experience. 6 months ago... I beat every single Megaman game, from beginning to end, without losing more then 1 life in each. And I'm talking Megaman 1 through 8, X1 through X6, GB MM1 through 5 and Megaman Zero. Makes you really proud of yourself...... and your fingers really numb after 2 days of non stop blue bomber. :blink:

Are they planning on releasing the Megaman Legends games? Those were pretty good, different but good all the same.

Probably not since those were just released on the PS1, and as such are still playable on the PS2.

And because we hate Legends.

Way to cheapen the Megaman experience. 6 months ago... I beat every single Megaman game, from beginning to end, without losing more then 1 life in each. And I'm talking Megaman 1 through 8, X1 through X6, GB MM1 through 5 and Megaman Zero. Makes you really proud of yourself...... and your fingers really numb after 2 days of non stop blue bomber. :blink:

Oh, I'm not saying that I can't do it without tricks. But I know I couldn't when I was seven and playing Megaman for the first time. Back then, those tricks did come in handy, and they're part of my fond Megaman memories.

I should get that GBA collection when it comes out :D

And the PS2 one too.

Since I don't have any MM games.

:(

Vostok 7

Yes, get them! Your soul with thank you later... especially when it realizes that those classic Megaman games are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than a lot of the crap companies are shoveling at you to make a quick buck.

another reason for me to finally pick up a GBA. this is more up my brother's alley, he's die-hard megaman. Me, I've only finished Megaman 2 all the way, don't know why, but its my fave. Hope they keep the cheats in, for nostalgia sake, though I'm not sure how they'd pull off the Megaman 3 jump cheat on the GBA. I remember when me and my bro found out that cheat. He was just playing, and I was just messing around with the 2nd controller when lo and behold, Megaman started jumping through the top of the screen.

Oh, I'm not saying that I can't do it without tricks. But I know I couldn't when I was seven and playing Megaman for the first time. Back then, those tricks did come in handy, and they're part of my fond Megaman memories.

Well... same here.... kind of. For 2 years, I had no other game other then Megaman 1, 2 and 3. Trust me... I have those game memorized. :lol:

Well... same here.... kind of. For 2 years, I had no other game other then Megaman 1, 2 and 3. Trust me... I have those game memorized. :lol:

But before you had the games memorized... didn't the Yellow Devil in the first Megaman game give you a hard time? And when you first learned about the pause trick, didn't you whip the Yellow Devil's ass, then do a little happy dance? Again, I'm not saying I need tricks to beat them (I beat them without tricks on the Megadrive collection later), but those tricks are part of my fond memories for those games. That's why I want them in the collection.

But before you had the games memorized... didn't the Yellow Devil in the first Megaman game give you a hard time? And when you first learned about the pause trick, didn't you whip the Yellow Devil's ass, then do a little happy dance? Again, I'm not saying I need tricks to beat them (I beat them without tricks on the Megadrive collection later), but those tricks are part of my fond memories for those games. That's why I want them in the collection.

Actually... no. Back in the day it was impossible to find out about tricks. I beat all Megamans trick free. Its not like I had the internet back in 80s, and its not like I knew a million ppl who had the first 3 Megaman back then. :(

As a matter of fact... before starting to use the internet... I didn't know any Megaman fans, at all. I heard about the Elecman trick a few months ago..... and so far thats the only MM trick I have heard of, and I have never really tried it out.

I believe that qualifies as an "0wn3d".

Not exactly... thats not really a situation that would call for "0wn3d".

Edited by Abombz!!

Actually... no. Back in the day it was impossible to find out about tricks. I beat all Megamans trick free. Its not like I had the internet back in 80s, and its not like I know a million ppl who had the first 3 Megaman. :(

I believe that qualifies as an "0wn3d".

Vostok 7

I need these two compilations because I have no NES, and I only have the first and third GB games. I **REALLY** need an X1-X3 compilation because my SNES died recently after MANY years to devote servitude. *weeps* T_T

Edit: Interstingly enough, I've been immortalized in the OFFICIAL MegaMan site (www.mmhp.net) in the X1 tips section for a password. :D

Also, before the net, you used Nintendo Power and other gaming mags to get tips and tricks. ^_^

Finally, I liked the MegaMan Legends series. First series to give a chance for the Mega/Roll hookup. LOL *hides* Seriously, I had fun with MegaMan in 3D. I'd like to see a Legends 3 for PS2 or GCN.

Edited by ManxoChu